PDA

View Full Version : messiah, LW, butterfly, and black frames

Mike RB
10-02-2005, 10:25 PM
Hey everyone, I'm hoping the combo of messiah, LW, and butterflynetrender is a common one. I'm having an issue with rendering on the farm with messiah deformations. If I load the scene into LW it almost always loads fine, I see my deformed mesh and I can render no problem with f10. If I load it on the farm I get black frames (no plugin errors on lwsn). Sometimes when I load LW the mesh is gone, (which is probably what is happening 100% of the time on the farm). If I jump into messiah I see the bones, but the mesh is invisible... Oddness. Anyone ever get this type of thing?

Mike

crossbones
10-03-2005, 06:45 AM
I would look at baking out the animation as a sequence using point oven or something MDscan.

Wegg
10-03-2005, 04:49 PM
Using the provided deform plugin seems to work just fine when it is on the same machine but when you try and use BNR with screamernet. . . things get tricky. For years I had it working and then some time back it just broke and I have never been able to get it to work. So I got Point Oven.

Anyway it would be nice to have it working again so. . . maybe we can figure it out. I assume in your BNET shared folder. . . the one that Butterfly is looking at, you have the default lw8intel folder. . . and in there is your miscplug folder. . . And in that folder is your messiahLW.p. Well you need to drop everything in your "c:\Program Files\pmG\messiahstudio2.0\messiah" folder into there. The plugins, modules, connections, SDK etc. That lets the plugin find everything it needs.

If you have done that already. . . then I'm at a loss. Sorry. :sad:

CGTalk Moderation
10-03-2005, 04:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.