PDA

View Full Version : Elder Scrolls Oblivion "20min footage"

Solothores
10-02-2005, 03:46 PM
20min of footage of oblivion can be grabbed over >>here<< (http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_1719_en.html)

(while watching remember that this footage is nearly 5months old)

cheers & enjoy
Solo

JoeB2C
10-02-2005, 07:56 PM
thanks mate, I was looking for that.

archerx
10-02-2005, 11:16 PM
thats pretty cool, what a horrible lady setting the dog on fire!

but a few times the animation did look weird, i hope they fix that. and you can go in 3rd person mode! rock on!:buttrock:

Mastahful
10-03-2005, 12:04 AM
Nice one man, Morrowind was awesome....I cant wait for Oblivion!

darktding
10-03-2005, 12:12 AM
A small question, I played Morrowind, but I never got to complete it, but I loved the whole story... does one actually need to finish the other series to appreciate this game?

mlmiller1983
10-03-2005, 12:43 AM
Very good footage. Already have preordered the PC version at my local Gamestop.

Solothores
10-03-2005, 01:11 AM
A small question, I played Morrowind, but I never got to complete it, but I loved the whole story... does one actually need to finish the other series to appreciate this game?

nope dark, it's a new story in a new part of the ES-world.

darktding
10-03-2005, 01:20 AM
i wish it was possible to like play this game with a couple of friends of mine over lan...
Its games like these are are worth playing with 2 or more players...
I hope this one also turns out to be a huge world with long story lines....

Solothores
10-03-2005, 08:24 AM
hehe, no worries the world is actually bigger than that featured in morrowwind, so you will have a couple of 100h's playtime to enjoy, if you don't just follow the main story arch. And what is most important: there is again full mod support featured in Oblivion, so I am already excited to see what the mod community will come up with.

cheers
solo

JoeB2C
10-03-2005, 04:56 PM
And what is most important: there is again full mod support featured in Oblivion, so I am already excited to see what the mod community will come up with.

Yeah, same here, can't wait for the mod that removes the instant travel feature ;)

Shade01
10-03-2005, 07:52 PM
The game looks awesome and Im probably going to get it anyway, but it looks like they havent fixed the issues I had with morrowind, namely the choppy animation and poor framerate. The faces need a spec map, the skin always looked dry.

eMPeck
10-03-2005, 08:04 PM
Yeah, faces glow too much, but this is quite old - maybe they fixed it.

Best thing I think are the outdoor areas - world is HUGE and beautiful, forest is far better than previous screenshots were, I think there will be smooth transitions between indoor and outdoor areas, I hope for day/night cycles too.

I guess, I'll make preorder too.

Valkyrien
10-03-2005, 08:50 PM
No matter what, I could never get into Morrowind...it was worse than that damn Jedi shooter on gamecube :wise:

PhantomDesign
10-04-2005, 06:31 AM
My internet sucks, so I haven't been able to download it yet, but on a gaming forum people were saying the rotating animations could use some work but otherwise it looks amazing.

From everything I've heard and seen so far, this is going to be AMAZING. I better make sure I have no plans (no GF, no life, no job, nothing...ha ha) in December or whenever it comes out.

CGTalk Moderation
10-04-2005, 06:31 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.