PDA

View Full Version : Wacom, which size?

exerion
11-11-2002, 04:12 AM
I recently borrowed a friends Wacom Graphire2 and have decided that I want to get a graphics tablet. I'm looking to get a Intuos2 but I dont know what size to get. Could I please have a little advice? Thanks :D :thumbsup:

Per-Anders
11-11-2002, 04:23 AM
are you used to doing life drawing, or technical illustration? (former go for larger pad, latter go for smaler). think about how comfortable you are either making large gestures or small gestures. generally though i think the most popular would be the A4 size. if you're more traditional artist type, then it's likely that an A3 will please you more. A5 is fine for me personall because i like ot take it out with my laptop to sketch and doodle wherever i am.

best thing, get some bits of paper, draw on them, find out which size paper suits your gestures. a better thing still is to see if you draw just making gestures without looking at your hand (cos you'll be looking at the screen) see how far your "normal" drawing line is. then go into a shop and try them out, find the one that's comfortable for you. you may find that A3 for instance is too "slow", because of the size of the board.

exerion
11-12-2002, 01:58 AM
Wow thanks a lot for your help :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.