PDA

View Full Version : French Car(WIP)Update.

JacquesD
02-25-2002, 03:07 AM
Here's a more advance version of my car.
I still have to work on few things such as textures and details on the car model before animate it but I was wondering what do guys think about it so far?
All comments are welcome.
http://users.skynet.be/fa009830/P206_005.jpg

Fetus23
02-25-2002, 03:10 AM
wow thats damn good....very real....one thing...
lets see a shot with the door open and a close up of the interior :)

fetus

Uzi[WNCT]
02-25-2002, 03:11 AM
:eek:

incredible... really rocks! :D

3dflasher
02-25-2002, 03:44 AM
The Ripper strikes again. Very nice it looks very real. Nice liscense plate. You always do such great work. What kind of render times are you getting with this image....Side bar - what kind of render times do you think is too much for an animation. I think 20 min is my limit (GI is a Killer), but I think that if I got a render to look as good as yours I would wait hours for it :)

I love the lighting and the time of day that you chose, very sweet.

Gilgamesh
02-25-2002, 05:27 AM
That is just gorgeous.

Daniel
02-25-2002, 05:29 AM
Ohh Man....that rendering looks very cool!

THe Model need more work...Didn't U use the 206 Blueprints?
The Lights on the car have to be more agresive...the top points need to be higher...

But back to that rendering...How was it done? I haven't the hardware power to try that at home :(

May U can give US some tipps?

Is there a DOF Effect in the scene?

Cya.

raz98
02-25-2002, 07:11 AM
super, just beutiful

erikals
02-25-2002, 08:36 AM
That's cool!:D
Really like it. Also I see you used LW, I asume you used that for the rendering? Looking at it the third time, is the pavement texture too blurry compared sharpness of the car?

Very nice.
Erik

goodlag
02-25-2002, 08:37 AM
really fricking cool.

http://www.newtek.com/discus/messages/2/18525.gif
http://www.newtek.com/discus/messages/2/18525.gif

BASSit
02-25-2002, 09:04 AM
I can┤t believe that this car was modelled !? I wanna see some more views or a wireframe... it looks so amazing real :D What package and render did you use for it ?

JacquesD
02-25-2002, 12:26 PM
Thank you guys, really apreciate.

Fetus23: :D The inside is not modeled, I'll probalby do it later but that's quite heavy model right now(500.000 polys) and I don't need the inside for the animation. I think I'm just going to tint the windshield a bit more and put a very basic inside.

3dflasher: The render time was 1h05 but the res was 1440 x 864 with low AA and then rescaled. I think that depends on the rendering power, the output resolution,the length of the animation... personally I prefer to go for quality than speed. I've got a PIII 800 with 512 Mb :(

Daniel:Yes I used blue print but they were really bad quality, that's why there're mistakes in the modeling, some of them are big :)
I used GI, environement map and 'confusion' for DOF.
Some tips?, what do you want to know?

erikals: I use LW for everything and Messiah for animation , I'd like to test some features in Max, Mirai and some others but I don't have the time and I'm really used to LW.
You're right about the pavement texture, I still have to work on it.

BASSit:I use LigthWave 7.0b, I'll post some wireframe screens and other views when the ouside of the model is done(very soon).

Daniel
02-25-2002, 01:31 PM
hmnmm I would like to know more about your car surface..

With incident ang. gradient on refl. right?:rolleyes:

Hav U got that bg image from the net?

Cya.

chrislomaka
02-25-2002, 06:11 PM
wow. very awesome car!
my only comment as far as things to improve is that the road seems to dissapear a few yards behind the car. is it on a hill? it doesn't look like it, tho...

JacquesD
02-26-2002, 01:37 AM
Daniel:
Yes I use incidence angle for the car body, here're the settings I use 100% for diffuse as input, 20% for reflection as input and here're the gradients:
http://users.skynet.be/fa009830/Gradient_Diffuse.jpg
http://users.skynet.be/fa009830/Gradient_Reflection.jpg
The settings I use don't work for all the car paints, if you use a saturate color, you may use 'highlight color' in combination.

Yes I found that bg image on the net but I really don't remember where. I think that may come from http://photo.net

chrislomaka:
Yes it's on a hill, I'll try to find something about it. Thanks.

Harlockregi
02-28-2002, 07:39 PM
Hi,
I know you long time ago. And your work become more and more astonished. Just one question, It's not to hard to make a design vehicle in lightwave modeler instead of Rhino3d by example?
See you soon.

JacquesD
02-28-2002, 07:52 PM
Hi, could you tell me something that makes me remind you or where we met?

About your question, it's probably easier and more accurate to model a car in Rhino but I don't really have the time to learn it.
Besides, if you know LightWave modeler good, you'll also know that's is very powerful, even if some tools are missing.
I think it just about techniques you use.

See ya.

leigh
02-28-2002, 07:59 PM
Hey Ripper - great work!
I'm not usually a fan of car threads (being a woman and all ;) ), but this is really really cool.
Excellent model, and beautiful render!
Looks just like a car advert :)
I'm sure the guys at Peugot would be impressed!

yobarman
02-28-2002, 08:00 PM
absolutely amazing. there's no way i could tell that was CG if i would've just glanced at it. keep up the good work.

Harlockregi
02-28-2002, 08:22 PM
Hi,
Sorry but I'll give you my ID when I put a still on cgchannel.
See ya
:D

VinÝcius
03-01-2002, 12:42 AM
The light is amazing! maybe some improvements in the road:cool:

JacquesD
03-01-2002, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Harlockregi
Hi,
Sorry but I'll give you my ID when I put a still on cgchannel.
See ya
:D
Don't need your ID, the pic told me who you are.
Welcome to the club D---S and enjoy.

JacquesD
03-01-2002, 12:48 AM
VinÝcius:
Thanks.
I know about the road, I'm working on it. ;)

Thanks to you all, that's encourage me to do even better.

Flynn
03-01-2002, 12:55 AM
amazing really....could I see a wireframe? would love to check that out.

keep rocking. I am not worthy ::bows::

JacquesD
03-01-2002, 12:57 AM
Flynn:
Thanks, I'll post one tomorrow.

machuc
03-01-2002, 04:17 AM
wow.... uhm... what can I say.... it rocks!!! :D

GladeR
03-01-2002, 04:28 PM
Simply is amazing, its seems real :p

after seeing this image, I visited your website, can tell than your work is fantastic, so much how using the lights how texturing.

I like a lot the style of the website.

keep up it :D

Nick'O'Lay
03-01-2002, 06:00 PM
realistic!!!

captain GUNDAM
03-01-2002, 06:04 PM
you have done a superb job - really ace !

can't crit anything except you might want to tighten the composit job - are you using a separate compositing program ?

Facial Deluxe
03-01-2002, 11:10 PM
This is absolutely magnificent ! Absolutely no crits...
BTW everything in your site rocks. You do know what lighting is, and your color balance is so close to real...

Great !

JacquesD
03-01-2002, 11:53 PM
Thanks guys.
captain GUNDAM:

I didn't use any compositng program for that one but for the animation, I will work with seperated layers in Digital Fusion.

Facial Deluxe:
Lightings, is what I like the most.
I still have lots to learn but that's what I like with CG, you learn and improve your skills everyday.

sick.boy
03-02-2002, 12:49 AM
err, that's a photo-montage, isn't it???
if not, then you are DAMN good :)

alx
03-04-2002, 11:18 AM
WOW......

8)

speachless......

alx

LichiMan
03-04-2002, 12:43 PM
WOW Really awesome!!
It┤s real.
I love it.

Koma
03-04-2002, 05:02 PM
excellent ,2 thumbs up,your works always impressive me

et ps j aime bien la sutiliter sur la plaque .

JacquesD
03-04-2002, 06:13 PM
Thanks guys.
Here's another one with a different camera angle and a quick color balance.
Comments are welcome, specially about the color.
http://users.skynet.be/fa009830/3DArtworks/Shot00_001.jpg

xynaria
03-04-2002, 07:34 PM
Very nice work. Couple of points:
Road still looks glaringly flat and lo res, though it's great you are putting it in an enviroment.
Shot above is crying out for at least some motion blur.
Personally I think the amount of reflection / smoking on the windows is overdone. Most GI solutions make the interior practically a shilouette anyway, so even if the inside is lo fi, no one would notice.
All very impressive though. :)

JacquesD
03-04-2002, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by xynaria
Very nice work. Couple of points:
Road still looks glaringly flat and lo res, though it's great you are putting it in an enviroment.
Shot above is crying out for at least some motion blur.
Personally I think the amount of reflection / smoking on the windows is overdone. Most GI solutions make the interior practically a shilouette anyway, so even if the inside is lo fi, no one would notice.
All very impressive though. :)

Thanks xynaria.
I'm sure about the road but you may be right, I'll check it out
There's no motion blur because it's not animated yet.
You're right about the windows, I change it when my basic interior is done.

LichiMan
03-04-2002, 08:48 PM
I have this car but I like your work more than it :D:D
It┤s really AWESOME!!

Uzi[WNCT]
03-04-2002, 10:00 PM
how many Km with one litre? :p;)

Staffan Norling
03-04-2002, 10:45 PM
Little creativity and pretty boring subject...but amazing realism. :)

JacquesD
03-05-2002, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Staffan Norling
Little creativity and pretty boring subject...but amazing realism. :)

Thanks Staffan.
I took a look on your website,I like your work and I can understand that you find cars boring but it was just a kind of challenge for me to model that car that's all, just like you, who wanted to model Star Wars spaceships.

I'm working with a friend of mine on a short at the same time among other things, that's where I put my creativity.
I think that's useless to talk about creativity when posting comments on someone who did a car.
The goal of this work was just improve techniques and I think that you can have all the creativity you want if you don't have the techniques to transpose it on a support, it's worthless.

rsalonen
03-05-2002, 01:37 AM
Okay I shall be honest.
THIS is the best CG made car I ever seen in my life. I can tell no difference between reality and CG in this one (okay maybe a little, but not much).
It's great! Keep up the good work!

JacquesD
03-05-2002, 02:33 AM
Thanks Veqtue,
I'm glad you like it.
I think that go for realism in CG is a good step to make you feel more confortable for further projects, that why I like it but trust me I still have a lot of work.
Take a real photo and place it right next to it, if you observe good you'll see all details that for me make the all difference.
Even for cartony project I think it's important.
After watching bonus of most of the Pixar movies(I really love them BTW), I realize that even if the most important part of their movies were based on the animation and the story, they work a lot on shading and texturing.
Some of them were very realistic to me, I think that they just want to give people the best quality and that's why I go for it.

Apologize for that long and boring reply but I just wanted to drop some words about it. :)

Staffan Norling
03-05-2002, 10:58 AM
Don't bother my lame rants, i'm just jelous becouse you get all the replies and all the good thread-ratings.:) It does take shitloads of creativity and skill to create art as realistic as yours.

animalunae
03-05-2002, 12:57 PM
No comments here, looks darn perfect, could you post more pictures of the rear?

ż┼Т
03-05-2002, 01:26 PM
so cool

JacquesD
03-05-2002, 01:52 PM
Thanks guys.
Here's the model wireframe:

http://users.skynet.be/fa009830/Persp_000.jpg
http://users.skynet.be/fa009830/Persp_001.jpg

Still few details to add but I'm almost done with it.

animalunae
03-05-2002, 07:41 PM
Nice, don't like the design of the 206 but hell, VERY nice

DWIEMER
03-05-2002, 10:47 PM
awesome work man!!! but i think the passager window is a bit weird, it's not in the line of the car.

BUT I REALLY REALLY REALLY love the texturing and rendering!!!!

gr dwiemer

Moebius
03-07-2002, 05:09 PM
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful work!

Koma
03-07-2002, 07:54 PM
great great great great great great great great great great great great great great

and your lighthing are really fuc...ing good

the anim is for when ?

Daxx
03-07-2002, 08:08 PM
Realistic!

JacquesD
03-07-2002, 10:18 PM
What can I say? thanks guys, really. :)

GABE: It's already animated(very simple shots) but I still have to render it .

BASSit
03-07-2002, 10:45 PM
Very clean mesh !!
Hope to see the animation soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

halo
03-08-2002, 03:21 AM
very very nice....:D

only real niggles would be that it stands out from the background a little too much cos its sooo clean (perhaps it needs some grain)

and i'd put a real number plate on it, cos the fake one is a little distracting

top job :D

Skyraider3D
03-08-2002, 06:07 AM
Extremely nice work. Such a nice mesh, wherebdo you hide 500K polys in there? :P

One thing that stands out though is the seam of the bonnet. On the car's left hand side it looks too wide. Also the headlights appear of different intensity on the render. Improve the look of the car's right headlight in Photoshop I'd say. They both look fine really (left and right), but they don't look the same.

Lighting and materials are very good again... Now how's that interior coming along? :P (I know it's too boring, heh heh...)

animalunae
03-08-2002, 11:22 AM
I guy I know who drives the car was shown the pictures and I said, for the ones who do not see the difference: it's 3D. He didn't understand what I said and he thought the difference was that the spoiler on the front wasn't correct. The guy is a woos, that's for sure, just checking if that's right.

koqak
03-08-2002, 04:56 PM
impressive, your car looks awesome :)

skunk184
03-09-2002, 07:59 AM
I thought it was a photo until i saw the wireframes.....truly amazing...

pcbehmer
03-09-2002, 08:35 AM
HI man.. very nice model... ur wireframe remember me meni's A5, like I see u used subpatch technic....
awesome work, i like it a lot, really....

I have seen ur site and its very nice.... the design and all the stuffs.. can u tell me how u maked that windows???? its very nice...

well, very nice work...

[ ]'s

Patrick.

JacquesD
03-09-2002, 01:45 PM
Thanks guys.
Wow, I didn't expect to get so many replies, it's almost embarrassing :)

pcbehmer : What do you want to know about the windows? modeling?, shading?,...

Facial Deluxe
03-09-2002, 03:08 PM
So you are embarassed ?
Get one more :
That's f**** awesome !!!

Could we see some scene setup ? Specially the Lights ? Plz plz !

AYHAN
03-09-2002, 03:08 PM
:eek: good very good

damn :) works is very best ;)

pcbehmer
03-11-2002, 10:52 PM
Sorry, the problem was my english.... the windows is from ur website, do you used CSS, Flash, javascript or what??

i'm attaching a little pic, i think will make more sense ;)

http://www.patrick.ppg.br/window.jpg

Sangotten
03-11-2002, 10:58 PM
Breathtaking...nothing more to say (got no air...anyway).

JacquesD
03-11-2002, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by pcbehmer
Sorry, the problem was my english.... the windows is from ur website, do you used CSS, Flash, javascript or what??

It's chromless windows, you can find them here: http://www.microbians.com/ (very good, very easy to use):

i'm attaching a little pic, i think will make more sense ;)

http://www.patrick.ppg.br/window.jpg

pcbehmer
03-12-2002, 01:55 AM
thanks a lot!!! a will get it... thx and god job...

hiko_
03-12-2002, 07:15 AM
awesome !
ca trou'l cul !

seppomatik
03-12-2002, 07:02 PM
absolutely incredible! though the headlights look a little smaller than in reality or is it the perspective?

but which version is it? xs? because of the supension...it seems a bit low

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.