PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME animation problem

ravenger373
09-29-2005, 08:16 PM
ive been working on a model of general grievous for some time now and ive finaly learned how to do some basic rigging and animation
now when i tried to make a short walking cycle the model just does nothing and my key's keep disapearing when i deselec the model (i mean it looks like they have been completly deleted from the timebar) please what am i doing wrong , help me please

Razr
09-29-2005, 08:22 PM
Uhh... I'm sure a lot of us here would be glad to help you but you may need to provide further information. Did you actually rig your character (skeleton/bind/controllers/IK etc..) Maya only displays keys for selected objects. If you deselect an object with animation the keys won't show on the timeline.

ravenger373
09-29-2005, 08:26 PM
yes i rigged my model myself with a skeleton and ik handles
and when i deselect them and i reslect them they are gone and they wont play in the animation ether
or when i try to animate it the model just blows up

Me109
09-30-2005, 11:31 PM
post your rig so we can download and look! :)

Ollarin
09-30-2005, 11:40 PM
Check if your key ticks are set to Active or Channel Box (preferences > timeline > Key ticks - Active or Channel Box)

If they are set to channel box, the keys will only show when you select the attributes in the channel box (Highlight the scales, rotates, etc)

Dichotomy
10-03-2005, 06:34 PM
if you have any animation keys in the Ik's themselves, for most of the basic attrs, that will keep the rig from working.
i guess another question would be, are you setting the keys; does your character/rig move before you deselect it?

CGTalk Moderation
10-03-2005, 06:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.