PDA

View Full Version : HELP.... Problems with cloth

heshereallweek
09-29-2005, 04:08 PM
Im working on a character and want to make him a tshirt and shorts, i though using the cloth tool would be the best option, i checked out a tutorial and everything was going fine, untill i run the time line,

it all looks cool, except, one of teh arms doesnt seem to like my tshirt, the sleeve of the shirt just seems to pass through the arm. the problem is, is that, it is an exact copy of teh other are just flipped, any ideas...

ive included an image, so you can see what i mean...

:banghead:

unwrap
09-29-2005, 05:15 PM
it is an exact copy of teh other are just flipped
Exactly! The flipped part is the problem, IMHO.

heshereallweek
09-29-2005, 05:18 PM
so how do i mak ethe other arm without fliping it?

unwrap
09-29-2005, 06:06 PM
Wait. You're character is a whole mesh, right? One object, right? Mirror modelling, right?

heshereallweek
09-30-2005, 09:11 AM
All the sections are seperate....

But ive worked out the problem, the normals were pointing inwards on the fliped arm for some reason...

All looking good now..

But thankyou for your time,

Cheers
Matt

unwrap
09-30-2005, 09:48 AM
Yes, that's what I was going to suggest. Always check your normals, history, joint orientations (for skeleton IK issues). Luck.

But why separate? I think you should merge all the parts.

heshereallweek
09-30-2005, 10:49 AM
Im pretty new to all this,

What difference does it make, if i merge all the part?

unwrap
09-30-2005, 04:23 PM
I'm not sure if it's possible to rig a character that is not a whole one piece of mesh. But I do know that texturing will be much easier and good loking with a whole object. But that's me, I'm not much experienced either.

OrganisedChaos
10-22-2005, 12:12 PM
Im pretty new to all this,

What difference does it make, if i merge all the part?

its personal preference, you can work with a character in parts, just try not to let the seams be shown.

malcolmTG
10-24-2005, 03:11 AM
I'm not sure if it's possible to rig a character that is not a whole one piece of mesh. But I do know that texturing will be much easier and good loking with a whole object. But that's me, I'm not much experienced either.

its possible to rig a character in as many pieces as you have to have. the problem comes in along the seam areas, its takes more time because you have to worry about each matching vert having the same exact weight and if you you paint weights alot and do alot of smoothing then youre gonna have to go in and manually reedit the verts alot. its not hard just annoying.

CGTalk Moderation
10-24-2005, 03:11 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.