PDA

View Full Version : Digital watercolor - How do I get the "just add water"-effect without drying layer?

White Knight
09-29-2005, 03:05 PM
When using Digital Watercolors I sometimes want to smooth out the transitions between colors at some places.
If I dry my watercolor-layer and select: Blenders - Just add water, I get the kind of effect that I want.

But is there no way of getting the same effect without having to dry the Digital Watercolor-layer?

Jinbrown
09-29-2005, 06:33 PM
Hi,

In the Digital Watercolor brush category, there are some variants that can be used for blending colors. For instance:

Use the New Simple Water variant to paint, then choose the New Simple Blender variant, the Pure Water Bristle variant, the Soft Round Blender variant, or the Tapered Diffuse Water variant, move the Opacity slider down to 6% or lower, adjust the brush Size appropriately, and, using very light pressure, paint to blend colors.

Depending on both the brush variant used to paint the original brushstrokes you want to blend, and the look you want when blending, you may also want to adjust the Grain, Diffusion, and Wet Fringe sliders.

White Knight
09-29-2005, 08:54 PM
Hi,

In the Digital Watercolor brush category, there are some variants that can be used for blending colors. For instance:

Use the New Simple Water variant to paint, then choose the New Simple Blender variant, the Pure Water Bristle variant, the Soft Round Blender variant, or the Tapered Diffuse Water variant, move the Opacity slider down to 6% or lower, adjust the brush Size appropriately, and, using very light pressure, paint to blend colors.

Depending on both the brush variant used to paint the original brushstrokes you want to blend, and the look you want when blending, you may also want to adjust the Grain, Diffusion, and Wet Fringe sliders.

Excellent reply. From what I've tried, your advice works well. Thank you! :)

Jinbrown
09-30-2005, 12:36 AM
Thanks, that's good to hear! :)

CGTalk Moderation
09-30-2005, 12:36 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.