PDA

View Full Version : Keyframing controller problem

stuh505
09-28-2005, 08:18 AM
I have a material which has a composite texture map. The first slot of the composite texture map is an output map. I need to use scripting to add a keyframe for the Output_Value of this output map.

I can access the value through scripting to change it:

comptex = getSubTexmap $Torus01.material 1 --gets the texmap from slot 1 (ambient color)
outputmap = getSubTexmap comptex 1
outputmap.output.Output_Amount

outputmap.output.Output_Amount.controller returns undefined!

However, I can keyframe this value without problems manually using auto key...so it must have a controller!

j-man
09-28-2005, 12:49 PM
Hi Stuh,

It doesn't have a controller, because you haven't given it one! and I noticed another error in your code also

comptex = getSubTexmap $.material 2
outputmap = getSubTexmap comptex 1
outputmap.output.Output_Amount
outputmap.output.Output_Amount.controller = (bezier_float())
addnewkey outputmap.output.Output_Amount.controller 0

J

stuh505
09-28-2005, 03:18 PM
Ah, I didn't realize you had to assign controllers...that's nice.

What was the other bug? The only thing you changed was getting diffuse color instead of ambient.

You have added a parameter of 0 at the end of your key function...I think that's a bug :P

--edited out a stupid question--

j-man
09-28-2005, 05:15 PM
What was the other bug? The only thing you changed was getting diffuse color instead of ambient.

You're right, it's not an error. I suppose I assumed that your map was in the diffuse map slot.

[QUOTE=stuh505]You have added a parameter of 0 at the end of your key function...I think that's a bug :P[QUOTE]

Now you're getting cheeky P yourself lol

J

CGTalk Moderation
09-28-2005, 05:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.