PDA

View Full Version : how to obtain a brush stroke from thick to thin with out digital pen?

yolao
09-28-2005, 12:12 AM
hi

beginer question here..

i think that the title say everything....i need to obtain strokes that goes from thick to thin in a single pass.....i imaging that the ideal way is with a digital pen (pen pad???) because is sensitive....but i don`t have one....and by the way i want to obtain solid strokes...i use the smudge tool and i obtain that kind of effect BUT the strokes are very smooth....and i don`t want that...

thank you very much in advance for the help

CHEERS

aldog
09-28-2005, 12:59 AM
ok, let's see i fi can help ya.

pick a brush you want.
go to your brush settings (CS it's in the top right corner)
go to shape dynamics
under size jitter change control: to fade.
than chose the pen tool and make sure you have "paths" selected and not "shape layers"
and make your design, than on your layers pallete go to path and at the bottom there's an option to stroke, make sure you have your brush selected and chose stroke.

you'll have to play around with the minimum diameter and that number next to "control: fade" to get it the length you want.

I hope that helps, and i'm gonna go over those instructions myself to make sure that I ain't lyin to ya.

yolao
09-28-2005, 01:27 AM
thanks Alan...that was what i want.....two questions...

-why do i need to set the pen tool to paths?

-how can i change the shape of the stroke?....i mean not just round, but quad maybe, etc..

thanks again

aldog
09-28-2005, 01:31 AM
-why do i need to set the pen tool to paths?

I guess that's just a preference, not a need.

-how can i change the shape of the stroke?....i mean not just round, but quad maybe, etc..

I've never been able to do this, nor have i tried, i'll play around a little bit and see what i come up with

yolao
09-28-2005, 03:14 AM
Thanks for the help Alan

-NG-
09-28-2005, 10:57 PM

thanks again[/QUOTE]

Use the quad brushes, or the pencil tool when stroking your paths.

CGTalk Moderation
09-28-2005, 10:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.