PDA

View Full Version : How to slow down camera pan/tumble?

BMunchausen
09-27-2005, 04:33 PM
Hi all!

Thanks ahead of time for your help and patience - I hope someone can give me some advice.

How, in perspective view, do you slow the speed at which your view camera tumbles, pans and zooms around the model? I find it extremely difficult to zero in on say, the details in an eye because when I zoom in and then try to rotate the camera a little bit, the whole head zips off screen with the slightest mouse movement. I've been trying to model with this problem for a while now and finally got sick enough of it to read through all the Maya help files and look online too for help, but have had no luck in solving it.

I've tried to adjust settings in various camera tool options but nothing helps. Can anyone tell me how to adjust the speed at which the camera moves? Not being able to control this is making modeling a painful thing both mentally and physically.

Thanks much.

XanderFX
09-27-2005, 09:46 PM
first off which app are you using. It sounds like you're not focusing your camera on the area which you are working on. In maya you select the object or components on which you are working and then hit f to focus the camera on that spot so the camera will zoom and tumble aroud that specific part.

CGTalk Moderation
09-27-2005, 09:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.