PDA

View Full Version : Where is the interactive pivot with ALT?

SheepFactory
09-27-2005, 08:07 AM
Hey guys ,

So i use the alternate mapping which uses the ALT key for camera navigation (not the qwerty one) all the rest is default xsi layout. problem is i cant find the interactive pivot tool that you accessed by holding down ALT anywhere. also cant select edge loops\rings easily now thanks to the same problem. Anyone know where that tool is located or what it is called under keyboard mapping?

Thanks in advance.

jason-slab
09-27-2005, 09:38 AM
D
:)

hmm message to short, well there u go

SheepFactory
09-27-2005, 04:51 PM
D is duplicate single here. :(

Meteoro
09-27-2005, 05:21 PM
Maybe in keyboard mapping window, Group "Transform tool" and command "Edit transform pivot (alternate) is the option to set it up?

I look in the default keymap and nothing is there (should be the ALT key) but I tried and looks like it works.

raffael3d
09-27-2005, 06:41 PM
I think when using the Maya key mapping Alt becomes CTRL+ALT.

SheepFactory
09-27-2005, 07:00 PM
Yea , i am not using maya key mapping though , just the alternate mapping which i turned on under pref > tools > camera.

it says:

"when ALT navigation is enabled this setting overrides any tools that use ALT as a modifier key"

I hope that does not mean i cant map the alt key to something else because it is pretty indispensible. I use the temp pivot and edge loop selection all the time :(

thorn3d
09-27-2005, 07:04 PM
I believe that's exactly what it means... it seems like i read somewhere in the pre-release postings (or vid?) that using ALT for camera movement basically kills ALT-related XSI key combos (such as pivot placement).

I could be wrong tho.

thorn

wmendez
09-27-2005, 07:31 PM
Try D or insert

(http://avidcg/wiki/Maya_Interaction_Model_%28Brent%29)

raffael3d
09-27-2005, 07:32 PM
using the alternate camera navigation that Ali is using should have no effect, at least it didn-t in 4.2....

Meteoro
09-27-2005, 09:19 PM
Sorry, I'm a noob and maybe a miss something basic,

But you can map the function to other keys, right?

In the Keyboard mapping

Transform tool - Edit transform pivot
and in
Select tool - Select component range/loop.

jason-slab
09-28-2005, 07:25 AM
aaah ok i thought you where just using the QWERTY interaction model, D works then

i tried, a few weeks back to find the ALT keymapping, but i had no luck finding it, then again i didn't look to hard:)

|jason

CGTalk Moderation
09-28-2005, 07:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.