PDA

View Full Version : dual monitor painter

oniijin
09-26-2005, 09:31 PM
Hi everyone...need some help.

I am running dual mon, and really like Painter IX's update that allows me to drag stuff onto the other monitor. However, I have my wacom3 mapped to one monitor when I use the pen. I want to be able to have the one screen mapping when I use the tablet, but would also like to move all my quickbrush, color picker, etc to the other monitor. is this possible? maybe get it to map to one monitor at a time somehow?

appreciate any help.

chrismoose
09-27-2005, 08:35 AM
i also use 2 monitors. the wacom is mapped to only 1 monitor the one with the canvas on it and i use a trackball mouse that goes across both monitors effortlessly. coz i use p8 i have to drag the application across the 2 screens, with all the palettes brushes tools on one screen and the canvas stretched to fill the other screen. when ever i need a different brush i just use the mouse. it aint so hard, as my hand is hovering near the spacebar, alt ctrl buttons all the time anyway, so when i need to change something i just flick my wrist onto the trackball,click a tool and put my pen back onto the wacom to use it.

you might be able to do a short cut somewhere in p9/wacoms options to create a keyboard shortcut to switch the wacom between the 2 monitors, but im not sure.

chris.

duddlebug
09-27-2005, 09:36 AM
The other option is to map your wacom across one monitor and the just the nearest edge of the second monitor (just enough to access your menus if you put them all up against the edge of the screen).

If you want to keep your aspect ratio on your wacom mapping, then you'll need to lose a little from the top and bottom of the wacom pad, but i find it a good compromise...

oniijin
09-27-2005, 02:04 PM
i tried the mouse thing before and found it really awkward. ill try mapping on the edge of monitor 2 tonite and see how that goes. thanks guys

Art2
09-27-2005, 05:38 PM
I am lucky my old a6 graphire is still working. I use that for my second monitor where I have all my menus and stuff. I've mapped the 2 wacoms each to one monitor and since my main tablet is a newer graphire, I can use one pen :) .

duddlebug
09-28-2005, 06:53 AM
I am lucky my old a6 graphire is still working. I use that for my second monitor where I have all my menus and stuff. I've mapped the 2 wacoms each to one monitor and since my main tablet is a newer graphire, I can use one pen :) .

Now that's a great idea!! I just need another wacom... hmmm...

Art2
09-28-2005, 06:59 AM
Now that's a great idea!! I just need another wacom... hmmm...

haha, yes it may be a bit too much to buy a (secondhand) wacom just for you palettes and menus... :D

oniijin
09-28-2005, 12:37 PM
not sure how feasible this would be, but i thought maybe someone could come up with a way to map the tablet to one screen at a time. somehow...

CGTalk Moderation
09-28-2005, 12:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.