PDA

View Full Version : help w/ grouping objects

mttjss
09-26-2005, 07:10 PM
I have used the text option to create the word "Root" - so when I select any part of the word, it selects my skeletons root joint. How do I group or make the letters of the word, so when I select any part of the word root (R-O-O-T), it will select the rest of the word and then the root joint?

jonathanmontubig
09-30-2005, 08:00 AM
ok, so u wnt the root_joint to be selected together with the geometry(the text ROOT u have created), what i mean is that when u move the root_joint, the root_geometry will also move,am i correct?

if dat's the case, then if u hav created the text as a polygon objects just select the polys in the prespective view (freeze transform and delete history just to make sure) then parent it with the root_joint (just press p) or parent constraint it with the root joint.

hope dat helps.

JohnPark
09-30-2005, 05:22 PM
To use multiple curves as a selection handle you should parent all of the curve shape nodes under the root joint transform node. If your have a curve1 object and a root_joint object, the command is: parent -relative -shape curveShape1 root_joint;
If you have six curves making up the word ROOT then you can simply do this six times, substituting the correct curve shape name (look in the outliner with the Display > Shapes option turned on). Delete the leftover transform nodes when you are done, since their shapes have left them and they are now empty and lonely.
-JP

CGTalk Moderation
09-30-2005, 05:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.