PDA

View Full Version : Basic Head Topology Orthos Please

rb25_det
09-26-2005, 09:38 AM
Hey guys, im really a newb at modelling heads, and would like to get a reference of the most basic head model, before detailing in features, basicaly something like this would do, but for a Male please

link:

http://www.ethereality.info/ethereality_website/3d/topology_research/head-female-base.jpg

basically male reference with about the same amount of detail in the picture provided.

Any chance of front/side/back views too?, im really trying to nail down the human head, and have looked though the whole topolgy thread on this forum, its great:)

Thanks to all who can help:)

I think topology has really helped me create my last model, well whats done of course.

One other thing, the eye socket, how big should the sphere be for the eyeball against the socket that encloses it, and is there a special technique, i usually get the shape looking right, but can never get the socket to wrap around the eyeball niceley, and i mean ever, ive tried so many times....possiby the hardest part of the head for me:(

ThirdEye
09-26-2005, 06:01 PM
Hey guys, im really a newb at modelling heads, and would like to get a reference of the most basic head model, before detailing in features, basicaly something like this would do, but for a Male please

link:

http://www.ethereality.info/ethereality_website/3d/topology_research/head-female-base.jpg

basically male reference with about the same amount of detail in the picture provided.

Any chance of front/side/back views too?, im really trying to nail down the human head, and have looked though the whole topolgy thread on this forum, its great:)

Thanks to all who can help:)

I think topology has really helped me create my last model, well whats done of course.

One other thing, the eye socket, how big should the sphere be for the eyeball against the socket that encloses it, and is there a special technique, i usually get the shape looking right, but can never get the socket to wrap around the eyeball niceley, and i mean ever, ive tried so many times....possiby the hardest part of the head for me:(

That topology is ok for both male and female. If you wanna know more about measures and proportions get an artistic anatomy book, a Burne Hogarth book is just a few bucks.

rb25_det
09-26-2005, 09:59 PM
cool thanks, so hwo easy would it be to mainipulate this into a male figure, what areas do i have to work on

rb25_det
09-27-2005, 05:44 AM
Any chance of something in its more simple form, ei this pic:

http://www.ethereality.info/ethereality_website/3d/topology_research/lunatique-base.jpg

I have a heard time modelling the base shape when poly modelling, but adding details i find easier.

rb25_det
09-27-2005, 08:46 AM
Hows this people, its what i came up with after studying the lunatique head reference for hours......hopefully it payed off

Proportions are off as its not realism im going for but more a anime style character (joan of arc)

CGTalk Moderation
09-27-2005, 08:46 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.