PDA

View Full Version : The Mixtape: The Anatomy Art of Pusha V

Pages : [1] 2

pushav
09-26-2005, 04:11 AM
Hello and welcome to another episode of The Mixtape presented by Pusha V and unofficially sponored by the world famous Rebecca Kimmel!

Alright Rebecca suggested that I make an anatomy thread for my art. So bear with me people as your eyes gaze upon my ugly works of art.

Rules: Destroy and crit my stuff. I need it badly. If you want me to paint a picture of you post your picture and I may will paint you if I am not busy on something else.

The Goal: To make me better at this stuff.

Here we go.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/pushav/random/zhuzhuldpainting.jpg

Time to make a new photobucket account for this.:thumbsup: And make another painting.

Rebeccak
09-26-2005, 04:26 AM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!

I'm thrilled to see you took me up on my offer and created your own work thread here. Beware, I now know where to find you to kick your butt into gear. :twisted:

I'd really like to see you continue to develop this painting, as I really think you have a nice sense of color, in the pastel range especially, and darn it if I don't just want to see you finish something. :rolleyes:

But, I also think it would be a great exercise for you to do a master copy like I talked about earlier ~ in fact, I'll even give you a choice of paintings to copy ~ aren't I nice? :)

1. Gustave Caillebotte's 'The Floor Scrapers' (http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth/caillebotte/raboteurs/scrapers.jpg)

2. Degas' 'The Bath' (http://www.coldbacon.com/pics/degas-tub.jpg)

3. Another Degas Bath Picture Who Knows the Title? (http://www.hku.hk/french/dcmScreen/lang3022/degas.jpg)

4. Caillebotte's Nature morte aux fruits (http://www.almaleh.com/ecriture/signatures/caillebotte.jpg) (My favorite and pick ~ though it's not anatomy, it will certainly help you to paint generally)

Maybe make a choice by tomorrow, then start?

Cheers, :)

~Rebeccak

pushav
09-26-2005, 04:26 AM
I forgot that I had this laying around on my hard drive.Lol. I never posted it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/pushav/random/lifedrawingmixtape1.jpg

Now time to find references.

pushav
09-26-2005, 04:29 AM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!

I'm thrilled to see you took me up on my offer and created your own work thread here. Beware, I now know where to find you to kick your butt into gear. :twisted:

Oh noooooooo it is a trap! I knew it!

Rebeccak
09-26-2005, 04:31 AM
pushav,

Erm...why did you never post this? It's a good start ~ and shows a really nice painterly approach. I really think you should start with this impressionistic block approach. You don't have to render just because you are using a paint package ~ there's no style limit, really.

I suggest going after one of these figurative OFDW paintings with a really loose, gestural painterly approach ~ and simultaneously tackling one of the Master Paintings linked above. Work on both pieces back and forth ~ you will learn from both experiences. I also recommend copying #4, the fruit piece ~ it isn't anatomy, but in a way, that's good, because it will just get you comfortable with moving paint around.

Whaddya say?

~Rebeccak

pushav
09-26-2005, 04:40 AM
Rebecca-I dunno why I never posted it. I may have been playing Socom2 during that time or typing on of my billions of papers due for class. I forgot.
Sorry.

*Walks up to the council.... I choose the bath!*

*The crowd Cheers!*

Yeah I am more familliar with the bath. I think the picture is in my design book. (I should have sold it back to the bookstore at the end of that semester. 70 bucks for nothing lol.)

Does it have to be exact exact. I am bad at that stuff. I tend to be more of a stylized artist.:shrug:

Rebeccak
09-26-2005, 04:47 AM
pushav,

You have chosen...wisely. :)

Nope, it need not be exact. I think the purpose should be to push paint around, get comfortable creating form through value, and also working on edge variation and control. I think the colors in 'The Bath' picture are perfectly suited to your taste, and so it should be fun for you to do...the nice thing about the impressionistic style is that they weren't after precision, either ~ it's what made their work so beautiful.

Commencement date...tomorrow?

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

pushav
09-26-2005, 05:09 AM
Lol Pusha V never sleeps.

Here is what I have so far......

I blocked and smoothed out the colors.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/pushav/random/bathstep1.jpg

I plan on pushing it more in painter.

Rebeccak
09-26-2005, 05:35 AM
pushav,

Damn, that was fast. :) Nice start there! You do have a really good sense of blocking in form thru color ~ perhaps this is your calling? :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

pushav
09-26-2005, 05:39 AM
pushav,

Damn, that was fast. :) Nice start there! You do have a really good sense of blocking in form thru color ~ perhaps this is your calling? :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

It is just a matter of eyeballing the color. and don't care about how it looks in the begining. Smoothing will help take care of missing values. The part I stuggle on is refining a painting. I suck at that. Maybe I should use the pencil tool to help me do that.

Rebeccak
09-26-2005, 05:43 AM
Hmm, I think whatever works...like you say, don't worry about getting this perfect ~ just work with it to the best of your ability, and add gradually to the painting, as you are comfortable. Do things as you really see them ~ don't force yourself into a particular perspective.

I think the key is to think of this as an analysis of a painting ~ break it down according to rules that make sense to you. Save states frequently, so that you can always go back to something you liked previously and such. I like the current state frankly ~ keep that as a copy, and keep going. Let me know if you need help.

EDIT: Also, have you ever done an erase out drawing? Traditionally? By that, I mean where you take a charcoal stick, sand it into powder, and cover a large canson sheet of drawing paper with the dust, rubbing it in with a chamois and a paper towel. Then, using a white rubber eraser, cut to a sharp point with an exacto knife, and using it to pick out the lights, after first establishing a light drawing with charcoal pencil. It is a great technique for a beginning painter. It's very much like the technique Sheff demonstrated, except using dry media. This really helps to see darks and lights, the key to understanding what a painting is all about. :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

pushav
09-26-2005, 06:22 AM
I have heard of erasing out figures before. I don't really like doing that because my figures turn out to being dull and flat. For some reason traditionally I work from light to dark.
I finished another one amd I will post it soon along with the next part of the bath image.

pushav
09-27-2005, 01:24 AM
Here are 2 more I made.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/pushav/random/mixtape3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/pushav/random/mixtape2.jpg

the rookie
09-27-2005, 01:47 AM
pusha V, it's seems you may of missed my post on you apple, there's some links on there that would help a hundred, (by the way it's me spanz remember...treasure island mod sheets :D!!) anyway good to see you here at cg, man the paintings are coming along very nice, it's not the brush control, but try the brush sizes "hint" to receive HI FI detail, there's two ways you can go, and right now it looks like john singer sargent (very good artist indeed) but he is some help sites:

www.goodbrush.com (http://www.goodbrush.com)
www.pinoart.com (http://www.pinoart.com)
there are more and he is the one site I offered last time http://www.oil-painting-techniques.com/color-theory.html good luck and you're beating me pretty bad on the dope production work keep it up, I'm still doing animation "hint" and illustration work and 3d work as well

the rookie
09-27-2005, 01:53 AM
and as i look thru you got the light thing down using color, it's just about pitching with color and creating forms, I have some stuff but can't post them yet because there leading to other projects, and the moment someone see's them, it will spark too many ideas, so I have to create work just for forums alone, so it becomes a little bit harder, I'll post some of it soon and we'll see where it goes and what direction, but try the brushes (sizing) and over lapping it you look at pino's stuff, the edge's are created with smaller brushes, there's another technique but I swore code of honor that I wouldn't tell, I just hope you see it like i did, keep up the good work and I'll but looking for more pieces from you, plus you're the only person I've seen use quote's from 50 cent :D!! lol !!

Rebeccak
09-27-2005, 01:54 AM
pushav,

That second one is epecially nice! You are quite good with capturing light...why not go for an abstracted piece, just capturing light as you are? Blocky shapes, etc...good direction for you, I think.

~Rk

pushav
09-27-2005, 01:54 AM
From the drawing board.org/glines forums right?
Yeah. what's goning on. I been hang out here longer than anywhere else. I am acctually becoming somewhat productive here. LOL.

LOL i was just thinking of sargent. Time to make another folder on the computer to jack his stuff lol.

pushav
09-27-2005, 02:13 AM
Rebecca-This is about as far as I can go with a painting. Lol. I am bad at detailing. I can only do detail work when line art is used.
Thanks for the comments every one!

Rebeccak
09-27-2005, 02:26 AM
pushav,

Hmm, that's why I think a Gnomon DVD Workshop would be good. I'm not talking about a CGWorkshop ~but a free Workshop here on the Anatomy Forum like the OFDWs, where people would buy their own DVDs, and we'd all work on the exercises together in an informal Workshop. And, btw, if you participated in the OFDWs, you might improve your painting skills ~ ;) ~no griping about costly stuff when there's lots here that's free! ;)

~Rk

the rookie
09-27-2005, 02:39 AM
yup from the drawing board, this is my ultimate hangout, hey and thanks rebecca for the responses, (I laugh at the picture everytime I see it), but pusha V for details try smaller brushes it's really simplistic if you think about it, you have alot of power in color you have to control the detail, and not over work it, even features are still based on composition and what you want the viewer to look at, or you feel this is a suggested piece, my new phase now is pushing it farther, always zoom in and out to see what it looks like from far away and up close to see what changes can be made, and always ask your self how can I push this further, how can I make this image have more punch and better, and what new techniques can I create out of this, composition is a key role, then creating color keys is another, you can pump these out in now time, once I got familiar (and still getting familiar with brushes there's a whole new world about to open, I have a wacom tablet, but doesn't work out for me, so for me to pressurize the brush and line I change the opacity, to overlap colors or even blend, look at other artist brush strokes and direction:

layout:
major forms block in
color composition
establish light source and " CORE SHADOWS" "hint" :D!! with smaller brushes
lights can be established with reds yellows, white blues, but yellows and reds are really bright colors if you used them, you can always look at Norman Rockwell, but the basic drawing skills do apply, if you know the structure you know the form, tonal values

Rebeccak
09-27-2005, 02:48 AM
the rookie,

Hey there, sounds like you have some good advice. Thanks for the tips. :)

~Rebeccak

pushav
09-27-2005, 02:50 AM
I am a noobie when it comes to lighting and shading. I use white to light up my drawings lol. No lie.

the rookie
09-27-2005, 04:05 AM
That's still good thoe, I use to get chewed on about using white and black to color certain areas and was forced to use alternative colors to implement that and it works fine to some degree, but monochrome is what everybody wants and uses, I messin with painter now, trying to still adjust to the brushes still having a tad bit hard time, but pusha v your ahead of the game, you have to experiment with those smaller brushes, I got a ton of stuff to show you, but I'll try to find sites that's best or close to some of the things I'm speaking of, I'm trying to build up to this steve mcqueen piece I'm working on, it's based on the movie bullitt

pushav
09-27-2005, 04:17 AM
Lol i still use white and gey to darken my colors. I think the key is to change the opacity or light glaze as done in traditional work.

I created an arsenal of brushes in painter and I am never satisfyied.

I think that I have like 20 and counting. I have even more in photoshop.

the rookie
09-27-2005, 04:22 AM
I really didn't want to post this, but I did this in a couple of minutes, everything is way off and until I get a better handle on the brushes it will take some time, I thought this was kinda of commicial piece, which lead me to Steve Mcqueen, but this is a image produced with no reference and off the top of my head in a couple of minutes or seconds, I'm trying various things in these piece, but the focus was the brushes, I use my own brush set 5, 9, 15, 25, 30, and so on, I'm gonna work on some still life stuff, to try to manipulate light more like you did on one of the pieces pusha v, but we'll see where it goes...(Now that I look at it, it's pretty terrible..)

the rookie
09-27-2005, 04:31 AM
Pretty horried... but maybe i'll polish it up with more depth, i got some materials i got to cover, but i did experiment alot of things in that one that will help thee other ones for future reference(I'll go over it later, I'm trying some new character design stuff for Illustrations painting with oils..hmm..maybe I'll try a figure once to give it a shot) pusha v you did pretty good on some of the full figure ones, but I'm still experimenting :D!!

Rebeccak
09-27-2005, 04:32 AM
the rookie,

Hey there, I don't think this is terrible ~ have you ever tried doing purely a value study?

You ought to take some time to go through this thread:

Anatomy Review 003: SHADING TUTORIAL AND HUMAN SKULL EXERCISE (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=259291)

if you have not already. It discusses the importance of value over color in a painting, and there is some amazing work from a range of people with different abilities in there ~ great stuff. I really recommend at least looking at the beginning tutorial, and then using the links on the first page to find work and smaller tutorials scattered throughout the lesson.

Let me know if you have any questions. :)

~Rebeccak

pushav
09-27-2005, 04:33 AM
That is how my stuf looks lol. The next step is to picasso it by using painter's blending tools. That is the secret. OOps it is not a secret any more.:D
You know that it is time for.....
The anatomy thread of the rookie.
I can see it now.

On my next post I will post an unsmoothed version.

Rebeccak
09-27-2005, 04:34 AM
pushav. How about less talk / spam, more action, eh?

pushav
09-27-2005, 04:38 AM
pushav. How about less talk / spam, more action, eh?

Lol. I do have life drawing gestures that I did today. I will post. them soon.

I am trying to help the rookie. Don't worry Rebecca. I have lods of work done but I am too lazy to post them and scan them. I should set a day in the week for scanner day. Lol.

pushav
09-27-2005, 05:01 AM
Here ya go Rook.
I made this to show you how I approach this.

I made strokes going in various directions to help build him. It is kinda easy worm me to do it due to my experience as a sketch/portrait artist. The key is to trick they eye into seeing one thing that is not really there. Kind of like those paintings where you stand far from it and you will say wow until you get close to it and you will say wtf?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/pushav/random/rookpic.jpg

the rookie
09-27-2005, 05:19 AM
Rebecka, there some great stuff on there, here let me share some of these, I normally don't show anybody these...but here... http://spanz.ctshare.com/At-Key/IMAG0017.JPG this is a older still life, I have tons more, but this all I had on disc for the time being, been very busy, also here's a site I reference from if this helps anyone http://www.gfxartist.com/features/tutorials/14030 but I'll post some more once I get a handle on these brushes, may even join in on some of the sessions :D!!

the rookie
09-27-2005, 05:25 AM
I like the blends on it, various indeed, blend for me doesn't work like that, it's the first time I really tried digital painting all the way, but I like painting with the new painter IX and if i can get the tools to catch up with my retarded-ness, maybe I can get some stuff done, I'll try some thing...

the rookie
09-27-2005, 05:32 AM
I used my image host to post drawings but maybe I'll resized them later, here's a older drapery study http://spanz.ctshare.com/At-Key/IMAG0018.JPG

pushav
09-27-2005, 05:33 AM
It takes a while and you have to get the pressure right when doing it on the Wacom tablet or any other graphic tablet. I never use the default blenders. I tend to make my own so I could have my own distinct style.

You can color galze over those pencils you did and then smude it in painter to make it look like oils.

Yeah we had to do something like that in my drawing class. We had to take crumppled paper towels and draw and shade it. Thooses were the days. Lol. Still lifes and all. Man it was boring. I got by drawing wolverine a lot lol.

Nice sketches.

the rookie
09-27-2005, 05:38 AM
yup, i got a wacom tablet, but it sucks, it throws my natural hand off, I got a older tablet wacom graphire tablet, it it just wouldn't go for me, so now I am forced like yoda and his cane to use the mouse... :D!! it sucks for the time being and very time consuming but I'll get the hang off it, I'm planning to buy a bigger size tablet and maybe introus tablet, I've been back and forth with between the tablet and the mouse, my tablet is 4x3 or something like that,very some and sucks bad, just like my work LOL :D!!

the rookie
09-27-2005, 05:43 AM
Thanks V on the comment, those are way older sketches but I still do them just to keep fine tuned, I've gotten a hundred times better thoe, and maybe it is overdue for new pictures, I got tons of stuff layin around, just been busy as all hell, the concepts I do have down , it's a matter of time for mastery, I'm trying to give Wacom a chance, I want it to function the way I want it but it's going to take time

pushav
09-27-2005, 05:47 AM
yup, i got a wacom tablet, but it sucks, it throws my natural hand off, I got a older tablet wacom graphire tablet, it it just wouldn't go for me, so now I am forced like yoda and his cane to use the mouse... :D!! it sucks for the time being and very time consuming but I'll get the hang off it, I'm planning to buy a bigger size tablet and maybe introus tablet, I've been back and forth with between the tablet and the mouse, my tablet is 4x3 or something like that,very some and sucks bad, just like my work LOL :D!!

Lol. What I did was set my graphire to soft under the wacom setting. I turned it all the way down. Now when you work in painter the opacity flow is more natrual. Yeah I have a graphire also. Lol. it is 4x5 somthing like that.the small one. I wanted a small one to fit next to my keyboard. I normally draw my work traditionally the paint my work like a comic colorist would then tweak it a lot. The mouse does fell better to me when i am flatting colors.

the rookie
09-27-2005, 05:55 AM
I'll try that right now and see what I can get, I'm probley gonna be up pretty late working on various stuff, man I do have a bunch of crap laying around, I'm gonna work on some short still life stuff, but the soft mode on the wacom sounds like a success point, I'll give it a shot, thanks!!

pushav
09-27-2005, 06:01 AM
Yeah I was frustrated also and I basically said to my self f$@# it time to me up my settings to see what works for me. It is easier to get the various pressures better in painter. Photoshop on the other had is not as good when it comes to the natural feel. Your welcome for the tips!

Rebeccak
09-27-2005, 06:24 AM
the rookie,

Nice stuff! You ought to post here, we have a drapery thread...just do a search for 'drapery', and it should turn up. :)

Great to see your stuff! You have a lot of talent there! :)

~Rebeccak

the rookie
09-27-2005, 03:33 PM
Thanks, and mega thanks for putting all the work together that you do on the forum, you have alot of stuff, I've got to make some time to read thru everything, maybe you guys can help me on the brush thing, I want to have more paint with my brush and I can't really get the strokes like I want, maybe I can cheat it some where...I have a bunch of drawings, but I let someone use may digital camara for two weeks out of the country, so I have to wait, and the pictures I posted are older stuff for 2003 to 04 probley (I didn't date it because they where study pieces for other work, choppy indeed I need to work on that, I always tell myself) The drawings are huge,30 something by something, I have to look and see, I have my Master Study I did, but I didn't finish it for various reasons, it looks better in person and I was offer some money for it already, but I'm giving it to my family to keep, I've had some sketchbooks stolen from me as well, it sucks to because there were some really good drawings in there, but it was kinda of stupid for somebody wanting to steal sketchbooks, I have'nt had that happen since middle school and it was a teacher that did it and my friends told me that she did, and I asked the teacher why, and she said she liked the drawings and would give me B towards my grade for the sketchbook, that was funny times, the older I get the more my drawings suck (well I just have to get better at it now type of thing) thanks on the comment, but I need to post more drawings and paintings and I will soon

Rebeccak
09-27-2005, 03:50 PM
therookie,

You're welcome. :) ROFL, that is the longest sentence I have read in a while! :) It's quite interesting that people, including a teacher?!! have been stealing your stuff for a while...it's an odd compliment, but definitely a compliment of your drawing abilities! Look forward to seeing your stuff soon...no rush...when you can. :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

pushav
09-27-2005, 10:52 PM
Alright

Here are gustures of ppople I drew while waiting for my next class. I had to rush them bcause the students were traveling fast. Most of these were like 10 sec. gesture with a ballpoint pen and printer paper. I drew these on monday.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/lifedrawings/mixtape5.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/lifedrawings/mixtape4.jpg

The saga continues..........

Rebeccak
09-27-2005, 10:55 PM
pushav,

Wow, some of these are really great...like the female nude in the upper right of your second page, and the figure in the lower left of your first page. Have you seen by any chance Sheff's drawings in the Life Drawing thread? You should check them out, they're toward the end of the thread. Great stuff, you would like it a lot ~ and he's quite willing to provide feedback if you ask him.

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

pushav
09-27-2005, 11:00 PM
Lol she was not surposed to be nude she was moving to fast down the hallway for me to finish her. She turned the corner on me. I think that she had on a casual blouse,some capri, and waering sandals.

pushav
09-28-2005, 12:41 AM
I was practicing the turpeniod tutorial once more. It is some what hard. I mmay have to change my stategy on it.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/lifedrawings/mixtape6.jpg

Rebeccak
09-28-2005, 01:09 AM
You should post this on Sheff's tutorial thread to get some feedback. ;)

~Rk

pushav
09-28-2005, 01:30 AM
I wish that this meathod would work on some other paper other than tracing paper thick or thin.

Time to experiment more.

pushav
09-28-2005, 05:57 PM
I grabbed a sheet of bristol paper to see what it feels like to draw on it once more. I have not used it in like 2 years. I forgot how good pencils show up on it.

A few tests.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/lifedrawings/mixtape7.jpg

Remixed... Lol
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/lifedrawings/mixtape7smudged.jpg

The saga continues......

Rebeccak
09-28-2005, 10:27 PM
Not bad! Keep working.

~Rk

pushav
09-28-2005, 10:31 PM
I re-worked the degas painting a bit. it still sucks. Lol.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/lifedrawings/bathstep2.jpg

I cant paint sorry folks I am done with this image.:shrug:

Rebeccak
09-28-2005, 10:32 PM
pushav,

Why not try to use Sheff's technique on a drawing of the Master Copy you copied for this piece? Like I suggested before, I think this would be a good transitional exercise for you from drawing to painting.

~Rk

pushav
09-28-2005, 10:35 PM
I am flawed when it comes to painting. I am going to draw this in line art form then paint that way. I am more comfortable with it and I will be able to work faster.

F%^k I flatten out her back. That piece is hopeless. I am lost without line art.

Rebecca-I dunno I can never get out of my mode of being a sketch artist. Sometimes that turp method work nice but I dislike working on tracing paper. Bristol and printer paper are my firends. LOL.:thumbsup:

pushav
09-28-2005, 11:35 PM
After walking away and watching some cartoons I came back to tweak the picture more.......

I used Spiritdreamer's modeling tip on the picture.
I know that I will have to finish this because I know Rebecca will not let me go on to the next assignment.
She is watching me..............

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/lifedrawings/bathstep3.jpg

The saga contimues..........

Rebeccak
09-29-2005, 03:50 AM
You better believe it! :twisted:

pushav
09-29-2005, 04:12 AM
So is this a good time to ask if I can move on to the next assignment?

Rebeccak
09-29-2005, 04:19 AM
If the next assignment is attempting the same Master Study using Sheff's technique, then the answer is yes. ;)

pushav
09-29-2005, 04:35 AM
Have I ever angered you?
Sigh, I will try. I knew that this was going to happen.
Lol.
This is art class all over again!
Is that Dvd deal still on?

the rookie
09-29-2005, 05:27 PM
Hey nice gestures, (been busy as hell man), I see you went to re-work the degas painting it's very clean, I've been workin on a couple of things, been trying some of those tutorials by (Seegmiller? I think, if I spelled that right) he's got a tutorial on corel's website with the I guess the sargent brush, but there are a couple of steps jumped and doesn't explain a couple of things, I see where the mouse is killin me, (causing me to create to many stokes for paints),

The only brush I see that works for me is the Oil Brush Imposto, and it gives thicker coats of paint, V you're movin along with painting stuff very well, I got to figure this out, there's some stuff I want to do, I'm trying different things, I'm gonna experiement some figure paintings and some still life stuff and see if I can get it together, and the wacom is still becoming a hastle, hmm...maybe I'll just hide out here, and post some stuff with you Pusha V, this will be I guess a art session :D, rebeccak thanks for the extra push on pumping stuff out and getting it done, I'll try to develop something worth posting on my end, slacker I am...

pushav
09-29-2005, 07:19 PM
Hey nice gestures, (been busy as hell man), I see you went to re-work the degas painting it's very clean, I've been workin on a couple of things, been trying some of those tutorials by (Seegmiller? I think, if I spelled that right) he's got a tutorial on corel's website with the I guess the sargent brush, but there are a couple of steps jumped and doesn't explain a couple of things, I see where the mouse is killin me, (causing me to create to many stokes for paints),

The only brush I see that works for me is the Oil Brush Imposto, and it gives thicker coats of paint, V you're movin along with painting stuff very well, I got to figure this out, there's some stuff I want to do, I'm trying different things, I'm gonna experiement some figure paintings and some still life stuff and see if I can get it together, and the wacom is still becoming a hastle, hmm...maybe I'll just hide out here, and post some stuff with you Pusha V, this will be I guess a art session :D, rebeccak thanks for the extra push on pumping stuff out and getting it done, I'll try to develop something worth posting on my end, slacker I am...

Yeah Post some work. I made the plunge lol. Do you have a sacnner? I found that drawing tarditionally then scanning the work and using the typical comic flatting method helped my a lot in painting. I do a paint over my lines in the final step of my pictures. Them blend it all together so you can't tell. Time for me to make that john singer sargent folder and fill it up. Lol. Pure inspiration fuel time.

the rookie
09-29-2005, 07:39 PM
Yeah, I was just thinking about scanning in drawings, but I was thinking of the time consuming process of scanning and resize and everything that comes with it, maybe I'll come to grabs with it and do it, for some reason mentally, something won't allow me to scan in for painting, in a since, but for Illustrations and similiar comic work it's fine, (It's a general issue with me) I wish I could get this wacom thing to work out for me, then it would flow alot better, Hey V, actual I have a John Singer Sargent Lecture Notes on painting that I downloaded, go to www.goodbrush.com (http://www.goodbrush.com) if you want to download it for yourself and read it, also if you do a google search, search for John Singer Sargent and do IMAGES you'll find everything you need, also look up Lawrence Alma Tadema one of my favorite artist/ painter, I will eventually touch the traditional process of real painting medium, but this right now is cost effective, "baller on a budget type of thing" :D!! I gonna work and range from Figure's to self portrait's to still life's to get this done and mastered, but I still have my drawings I'm working on, creating more dynamic poses with stronger rhythm lines, George Bridgeman..ha ha :D!! (but with more strength more powerful designs in my figure's) Does anybody know or did know that Norman Rockwell took classes with George Bridgeman, I got one of my favorite books I read from time to time, My Life as a Illustrator by Norman Rockwell, it was written by his son or finished by his son and this was a really good book, then I have the Ten Commandments Michealango Book, it's this big ass book, and if anybody comes to my house and ask my how to draw something, I lift this book over my head like the ten commandments and say be healed boy!!! :D!! LOL

pushav
09-29-2005, 07:41 PM
Here are some gestures I made in class after I got done editing a paper.

Each gesture was about 10 seconds. I was practicing on establishing my own planes and core shadows. Surpisingly the forms turned out being somewhat realistic.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/lifedrawings/mixtape8.jpg

the saga continues................

pushav
09-29-2005, 07:52 PM
Rookie-I tweaked the sargent brush in painter to become a blender. I disliked it to paint with.
Lol be healed.
When people aked me how did I learn how to draw, I just tell them comicbooks and X-men. No lie. Gambit was the hardest one for me to draw in the 4th grade. Me and my friend (His website is here http://www.fernandodunn.com) would draw huge x-men battles on newsprint that the teacher would give to us while she read to the class. The paper was huge I tell ya. And that is how I got my taste for drawing. Goning to goodbrush in search of the document.

Time for you to post work Rookie.
I am waiting on that Rookie anatomy thread.:thumbsup:
Call it Rookie of the year: Antamony of rookie.

Rebeccak
09-29-2005, 07:58 PM
pushav,

Nice studies ~ do more of them!

rookie ~ that would be Anatomy Thread of rookie. :rolleyes: You are welcome to create your own thread so long as you continue to post work to it. I like to try to keep the naming conventions the same for similar threads, so that they are easy to search for and find.

~Rebeccak

pushav
09-29-2005, 08:03 PM
pushav,

Nice studies ~ do more of them!

rookie ~ that would be Anatomy Thread of rookie. :rolleyes: You are welcome to create your own thread so long as you continue to post work to it. I like to try to keep the naming conventions the same for similar threads, so that they are easy to search for and find.

~Rebeccak

Lol. I jumped out of that mold. I am unique.:thumbsup:. Remember Rookie set your wacom setting all the way down to its lowest point on soft.

Rebecca- I took your mind off of that turp method for "The Bath" by Degas. Lol. I am making my own assignment.:D

the rookie
09-29-2005, 09:17 PM
HA HA :D!! LOL, I use to do tank battles with regular line paper, me and my buddie would start off with a tank design with all it's weapons on the same sheet of paper, the layout was like pong, we each would take turns on drawing the attacks on each others tank, the best thing I drew on that particular battle was the invisible force field, and comic drew out grounding toss landmines, at that particular, time are teachers and students stopped class just to watch us do it, it was quiet intensive because of the pressure of drawing tight on the spot in front of everybody and playing the game with Illustrated skill ( that was original idea, to illustrate the attacts and create 2d game) we tried to teach other people how to do it, but they liked watching us, that was funny... later years they came out with ghost in the shell tank game for the PS one and everybody referred to us, because later in the game we would Illustrate the battle in comic book form with our on story of how the battle went down, those days where fun, my friend drew serveral times better than I did, and even now I feel I'm still playing catch up

But I will post some anatomy stuff, my attempt are to be low key and only post some of my best stuff, that my terms and conditions and you guys can crit it to death, i need that, plus I'm almost close to some new Illustration design stuff, that may change the industry, I'm really trying to be competitve in this field, and I'm also a 3d artist as well, so one of my projects is really big right now, I'm a self taught programmer and more, but I'll place some drawing stuff here, and work on my skills you and Rebecka really help me push on pumping some new stuff out, so I'll get to workin :D!! Thanks guys, you guys caught me at a good time, I'm really really developing something new, but I want to get better a hundred times better so it's back to the Michealangelo effect, this book I have of him is the reallist portfolio I've ever seen, and Mike really took and excepted his craft, from architechture, sculptures, drawings, paintings etc. heavy and technically executed... i will post drawings and post some of my resources too, for anybody that wants to know

pushav
09-29-2005, 09:32 PM
Post it all. LOl. I post crap as a filler or segway to my better piece.:thumbsup:

NOOB!
09-29-2005, 09:36 PM
keep at it push,hey maybe i shud make my own thread.

then again,i prefer spamming.

:deal: its part of my cg contract.

pushav
09-29-2005, 09:41 PM
Lol! Spam is cool.
I like it with bread and mustard and something to drink.

Rebeccak
09-29-2005, 09:47 PM
NOOB, nope...sorry, I don't think you should make your own thread. No offense, but you've never posted work, and these personal threads are for the continuous posting of work only. If pushav doesn't continue to post work, I will be closing his thread down.

Thanks,

~Rebeccak

NOOB!
09-29-2005, 09:54 PM
, but you've never posted work

....huh ....guess i've over stayed my welcome then.

gud luck with the thread push.:thumbsup:

pushav
09-29-2005, 09:55 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Rejection lol! Noob have faith.

Rebecca- I will try to post at least 2 pics a week. Right now I am on a daily posting spree. As long as my bandwith on photobucket holds up. Lol. Each month I am having more and more people seeing my work. And pepole love my degas pic on my blog. So bandwith could be an issue.

Rebeccak
09-29-2005, 10:05 PM
NOOB, your work is ALWAYS welcome, as you are a talented artist. But just spam on non~spam threads is not welcome. Pushav is on permanet probation and knows it...he likes to push his luck, but one day might find that he has gone too far...

Just a heads up.

Cheers,

~Rk

pushav
09-29-2005, 10:14 PM
NOOB, your work is ALWAYS welcome, as you are a talented artist. But just spam on non~spam threads is not welcome. Pushav is on permanet probation and knows it...he likes to push his luck, but one day might find that he has gone too far...

Just a heads up.

Cheers,

~Rk

permanet probation. Since when? Push my luck? Huh? Am I on thin ice? If so I will not skate on it (not being sarcastic just so you will know Rebecca.). This is the only forum where ppeople accualy look at my work instead of saying hey dude you are good. I hear that too much. I look for crits. That is what I am searching forI am a nice guy. I cause no harm. I am humble like a bumble bee. :buttrock:

I love danger! I live for it.

the rookie
09-29-2005, 10:48 PM
NOOB you better get on the ball then dude, that means I got to get in gear!! LOL :D!! BE HEALED... BOY...!! I should give a picture of the book to you rebecka so when you see somebody that needs the whip cracked just post the Michealango book and say BE HEALED BOY!! then you know you in trouble, that's my new slogan, BE HEALED BOY!!! got tah love it!! yeah that's my issue too, if I start a thread I want to be committed to it, but I rather post periodic and hide out here, unless rebecka approves of a drawing worthy of being placed elsewhere, but back to work for me :D!! Cheers!!

pushav
09-29-2005, 11:23 PM
Some old crap I had in my hard drive.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/lifedrawings/vjsketchpractice.jpg

the saga may be coming to an end..........

Slux
09-30-2005, 12:58 PM
Hi Pushav
I have just noticed you have your own thread :) These latest drawing are good. I like especially that women on my right (that one you have colored). May be little more contrast wouldn't hurt you know take same soft pencils like 4B or softer and darken some shadows. But may be its just scanner problem. My works always look quite flat after I scan them. But my scanner is crap :) .... btw good luck with you drawing

- Slux

Rebeccak
09-30-2005, 02:58 PM
Nice drawings these. :) More please!

~Rk

pushav
10-01-2005, 04:58 PM
Thanks you guys.

Slux-Yeah the scanning lightened up the picture. It destroyed it some what. The light tones did not even get picked up by the scanner. Yeah I should have used darker pencils.

Rebecca-That is all I have of that type of style really. I made the pic back in 2004 and that was when my hardrive crashed and burned and I lost all of my painter brushes. And I forgor how I made it look good. But I will try it again soon to see how I did it.

pushav
10-01-2005, 05:54 PM
Here is the detail to the face.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/lifedrawings/vjsketchpracticedetail.jpg

NOOB!
10-01-2005, 06:18 PM
i think some of your facial proportions are off man,ears to small,too much head showing for a 3/4 view etc.

keep at it.

pushav
10-01-2005, 07:40 PM
Yeah I rushed the picture. I just wanted to see if the tones would look good if i was to scan it.
It turned our decent.

Rebeccak
10-01-2005, 07:50 PM
Pushav,

Just ignore NOOB. I think it's good to see your closeup image. I would like to see you push the Values on these Photoshop / Painter studies, even if you are using Color. I think you have it in you to do, just need the motivation.

Keep working at it. ;)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

NOOB!
10-01-2005, 08:34 PM
Pushav,

Just ignore NOOB.

~Rebeccak

blahblahblah

Rebeccak
10-01-2005, 08:47 PM
pushav,

I liked your last piece, but, as I said, I think you should push values more. Additionally, I think you ought to take a look at facial proportions ~ the lower half of the woman's face was becoming too large. This review is by no means perfect, but is just meant to give you an idea of how to push forward with your work:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b380/rebeccak5/Anatomy%20Thread%20of%20pushav/pushav_1_REVIEW.jpg

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Rebeccak
10-01-2005, 09:41 PM
pushav,

Also, in case you were interested, here is a step~by~step of how I tweaked your image. The 'final', like I say, is really not finished.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b380/rebeccak5/Anatomy%20Thread%20of%20pushav/pushav_1_small_REVIEW-SET.jpg

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

pushav
10-01-2005, 11:56 PM
Rebecca- Finish it! Lol. Man I feel lazy today. I was out late last night. I am trying to warm up to draw. Yeah I know I drew a weird ear on her.
Yo am I goning to try aonther sketchlike this with a 2b pencil (I have plenty of them) this time around.

Rebeccak
10-01-2005, 11:57 PM
Erm...you're welcome. :rolleyes:

pushav
10-02-2005, 05:42 PM
Here is another gesture.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/lifedrawings/lifedrawing4photoshop.jpg

Rebecca- I tried another toned drawing and the scan did not work well.

Rebeccak
10-02-2005, 05:52 PM
pushav,

What happened in this drawing? You normally draw much better than this...you been partying too hard? :scream:

You started another OFDW painting (the woman reclining) which I thought was quite nice. :) Have you ever finished a painting? Start to finish? Do you want to?

Just curious. :)

Cheers,

~R

pushav
10-02-2005, 06:03 PM
Rebecca-I have finished colorings like comicbook colorings but not a painting. I always get bored of painting. I tend to like to finish a painting in one sitting or a few hours. I dunno why but I do. I never really saw myself as a painter. Maybe it is because I dont deal with color on a regular basis. I probably draw too much. That is why I pretty much suck at painting. Lol. I have come to terms with that.

Yes I would like to finish one.

Rebeccak
10-02-2005, 06:10 PM
Rebecca-I have finished colorings like comicbook colorings but not a painting.
Why not post some of those? You don't have to be a painter. :)

Cheers,

~R

the rookie
10-02-2005, 07:17 PM
I like the the painting mock V and rebecka, I need to get some stuff up, ASAP, been busy, this weekend is very hectic, got some programming stuff I got to work on, but I should be posting soon, V I would like to see some of your comicbook coloring stuff, I'll have some stuff tonight I'll scan in, even some old sketches

pushav
10-02-2005, 08:45 PM
Lol I will do. I am draw inbetween watching footballand baseball and washing dishes. Lol.
And I just found my charcoal pencils.

pushav
10-02-2005, 09:21 PM
Old sketch. Sketch pad paper sux when it comes to scanning. A lot of the information is lost in the process.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/pushav/sketches/lifedrawing1pose4jpg.jpg

pushav
10-03-2005, 04:42 PM
Practicing once again.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/lifedrawings/mixtapesp.jpg

Rebeccak
10-03-2005, 04:46 PM
Not bad...tried blending yet?

~R

pushav
10-03-2005, 04:51 PM
I should have blended this in painter. That was just a speed paint in photoshop and as you know the blending sux in photoshop.

pushav
10-03-2005, 05:36 PM
Some photoshop work.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/lifedrawings/mixtapewomanface.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/lifedrawings/mixtapewomanfaceps7.jpg

Rebeccak
10-03-2005, 05:58 PM
Not too shabby, tho I like the grayscale version better. Tell me, are you using blending modes at all, or just straight painting with color on top of the grayscale image? I think you may be defeating the purpose of doing the grayscale image if you are just coloring on top (particularly if you are using Photoshop as I suspect).

~R

NOOB!
10-03-2005, 06:20 PM
he looks more or less like he did it in grayscale and set the brush blending mode to color.

nice attempt,just look at nebezials tut for more in depth info on that technique.

pushav
10-03-2005, 06:22 PM
I colored under and on top. Lol. I am experimenting on color glazing. I dont like using color mode or color layer or hard light. The colors will always turn out being too bright.
Nebz method does not apply to my style. I dislike using that hard light method. It makes work look funny.

pushav
10-03-2005, 08:46 PM
I re-worked the grayscaled image some.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/lifedrawings/mixtapewomanfaceremix.jpg

pushav
10-04-2005, 05:45 AM
Practicing speed painting in painter.
I guess that I am getting better............:shrug:......
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/speedpaint/mixtape9.jpg

Rebeccak
10-04-2005, 05:46 AM
More Master Copies. Fewer monsters!

~R

pushav
10-04-2005, 05:50 AM
What are master crapies?
More monster anatomy coming soon.:buttrock:

pushav
10-04-2005, 06:18 AM
Old drawings. Terrible just terrible.
Printer paper and crappy wooden pencil. Photoshop saved this piece.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/pushav/sketches/laydeezsketch.jpg

pushav
10-04-2005, 06:22 AM
I got props from Ronnie del Carmen (He works for Pixar on Finding Nemo) on this one.
Printer paper and pencil Toon anatomy time. Breaking off from serious work for a while.
Back to my roots.:thumbsup:

I even threw in a toon hand study.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/pushav/sketches/ninasketch.jpg

pushav
10-05-2005, 12:51 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/pushav/sketches/lifedrawing7.jpg

pushav
10-05-2005, 03:54 AM
More toon anatomu crappy practice.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/pushav/sketches/astroboywarmup.jpg

the rookie
10-05-2005, 04:25 PM
Nice Illo's V, I got a couple of those but there works in progess type of thing, as soon as I get home, I'll post some of them, I got some jacked up pen sketches that I drew while I was at work, maybe I can post them

pushav
10-06-2005, 01:46 AM
Post them rookie.

pushav
10-07-2005, 01:17 AM
another painting....

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/lifedrawings/mixtape11.jpg

Rebeccak
10-07-2005, 03:57 AM
Nice! Especially around the face and in the bkgrd immediately behind the face. Cool stuff. Is this recent?

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

pushav
10-07-2005, 04:10 AM
Yep it is recent. I made this like 10 minutes after the one I posted in the lifedrawing 005 thread.

pushav
10-07-2005, 04:54 AM
For some reason women like my paintings.
Hmm.. my fanbase is growing.
Onward to Pusha V mania xivxxxixvx
This is in the lifedrawing thread 005

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/lifedrawings/mixtape10.jpg

the rookie
10-07-2005, 07:29 AM
Those are not bad man!! :D!!

pushav
10-07-2005, 07:53 PM
Rookie-thanks

Here is another. I completed 3 of theese befroe I went to bed last night.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/lifedrawings/mixtape12.jpg

pushav
10-07-2005, 08:19 PM
Another one....

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/lifedrawings/mixtape13.jpg

pushav
10-07-2005, 08:22 PM
And the laste one..

Female on the dock I think?

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/lifedrawings/mixtape14.jpg

Rebeccak
10-07-2005, 08:23 PM
Nice! Frankly, I think your signature is detracting a bit from your work...it's a bit graffiti~ish, but not super~graffiti~ish...you'll probably come up with some reason to keep it that way, but I just thought I'd give it a try. :)

Hmm...not as crazy about the last one...needs more resolution, looks a bit more like a creature than a person so far. ;)

~Rk

pushav
10-07-2005, 08:34 PM
Yeah people did not like my other graffiti signature from back in the day so I changed it to just "V".Then I never really liked that or signing my name in cursive. Too many people was doing that so I went in a new direction. At least you can read this new and improved graffiti signature. My old signature was ultra graffiti-ish you could note see my name in the arrows. Lol you were not the first to tell me that. I think the graffiti sig is what made me popular. I was just about the only person doing that on serious artwork. I have to set myself apart from other artists. So I guess it is back to the graffiti signature for a while. LOL you are right that I came up with a reason and I gave you some history behind my signature.
On the last picture I think that my 5% brush was too big for here face. I rushed that part.

pushav
10-07-2005, 09:06 PM
I had to get warmed up for the day. Here is another one.

Rebecca- You might notice this one:D Hope that you like this one.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/lifedrawings/mixtape15.jpg

I tried to get the likeness.

Time to do more paintings.

pushav
10-07-2005, 09:38 PM
Another one. I am on fire right now.

This one is A rapper called Young Jeezy. If you live in the south or midwest you have probably heard of him before.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/lifedrawings/mixtape16.jpg

Enjoy.:D
Bring it back. Bring it back.:buttrock:

Rebeccak
10-07-2005, 11:08 PM
Rebecca- You might notice this one:D Hope that you like this one.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/lifedrawings/mixtape15.jpg
ROFLMAO...it's a good thing it's blurred! :scream:

That's hilarious...thanks for that, pushav, now I can truly hide under my desk in embarrassment. :scream: Hey, I even look suitably angry! :scream:

Erm, I rather like that 2nd image better. The bkgrd and face are pretty darn cool. Good stuff, pushav. But yeah, stick to non~forum leader portraits, lol! :)

Hey, I'd return the favor, but you've never posted your 'real' picture. ;)

Cheers,

~R

Slux
10-07-2005, 11:29 PM
Hi
These two latest pics look good :thumbsup: .... they are little loose and look quite artistic hehe you now like some oil paintings. I guess they woud like much better from distance just like some oil paintings ... hmm I like it .. keep it up

- Slux

pushav
10-08-2005, 12:07 AM
Slux-Thanks. They do look better from a distance. Like 5 miles away. LOL.

Rebecca-I knew that I could get a ROFL out of you one day. Lol my real picture. Your high school picture was not as bad as you claim. I wanted to do that clown one but naw. I wanted to do one that you can enjoy. You can return the favor on that pic I posted. The childhood one. I hope your not mad. I am still trying to get on your good side.:D
I don't wanna be on thin ice :sad:

pushav
10-08-2005, 03:37 AM
Here is the last of the "Rebecca series" Lol. :thumbsup:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/lifedrawings/mixtape17.jpg

:buttrock:The best one yet.:buttrock:

NOOB!
10-08-2005, 04:15 PM
Another one. I am on fire right now.

This one is A rapper called Young Jeezy. If you live in the south or midwest you have probably heard of him before.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/lifedrawings/mixtape16.jpg

Enjoy.:D
Bring it back. Bring it back.:buttrock:

did this dude do a song with mariah cary or summin? anyway nice style man

pushav
10-08-2005, 04:27 PM
Lol no. Your talking about Jadakiss. They both have the same type of look going. Jeezy always wears a snowman.

NOOB!
10-08-2005, 08:28 PM
Lol no. Your talking about Jadakiss. They both have the same type of look going. Jeezy always wears a snowman.

ehm...no.i know who jadakiss is fool.:rolleyes:

and i was right,jeezy did do a remix on one of mariah's song.

Jeezy whose current single is "Soul Survivor" just completed what may be his highest-profile guest appearance to date, rapping on the remix of Mariah Carey's "Shake It Off" along with Jay-Z.

read this article to find the quote

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1509747/20050916/jeezy_young.jhtml?headlines=true

now i think u should draw me kicking your ass!!:thumbsup: :twisted:

pushav
10-08-2005, 08:49 PM
I heard the jay-z version but not the jeezy version. Thanks for the update Noob! There are to many versions of remixes now and days.

pushav
10-10-2005, 10:43 PM
Reworked glazing....
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/lifedrawings/mixtapewomanfaceremixedagaincopy.jpg

pushav
10-11-2005, 01:39 AM
Final work....

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/lifedrawings/mixtapewomanfaceremixedagain2.jpg

Any crits?

pushav
10-13-2005, 11:32 PM
Sorry to dissapoint my fans for the lack of updates. *ahem* Hit my theme muzik. :buttrock:

I am shifting gears to start animal studies. Hope fully I will get better.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/speedpaint/mixtapeb3.jpg

More coming soon.

Don't be afraid to crit my work. I am humble:D

pushav
10-14-2005, 01:19 AM
Does any one know a place where I can find references for animals? That would be helpful. Thanks.

Rebeccak
10-14-2005, 01:58 AM
pushav,

I like these most recent paintings...have you ever checked out sumi~e painting?

I tried to post these links earlier, without success. Darn computer! :)

http://www.silverdragonstudio.com/sumi-e/images/dm1n.jpg

http://www.silverdragonstudio.com/sumi-e/images/dm1n.jpg

http://www.fredericamarshall.com/images/Sumi-eHorse_sm.jpg

http://www.fredericamarshall.com/images/Sumi-eHorse_sm.jpg

http://www.silverdragonstudio.com/sumi-e/images/sh3.jpg

http://www.silverdragonstudio.com/sumi-e/images/sh3.jpg

http://www.jeankigel.com/From%20the%20Garden%20of%20the%20Finzi%20Continni,%20Sumi-e,%20Jean%20Kigel.jpg

http://www.jeankigel.com/From%20the%20Garden%20of%20the%20Finzi%20Continni,
%20Sumi-e,%20Jean%20Kigel.jpg

~~

Considering your knack for the Gestural, I think you might like this style quite a lot.

Animal Reference: www.google.com ;)

Cheers,

~Rebecca

pushav
10-14-2005, 02:04 AM
I knew that you was going to say that look at google.

Lol sumi-e I tried to do it but I do not know where I can get the supplies. My dickblick does not carry the stuff. do you have any sugestions? Maybe you can help me.

You actually liked my crudy bird. Lol I still have to work on my texturing in photoshop.

Oh yeah I just bought a brushpen. They are hard to find.

Rebeccak
10-14-2005, 02:20 AM
Actually I meant that you might try to emulate the sumi~e brush effect in Painter ~ aren't you the brush king? ;) Also, isn't there a sumi~e brush in both PS and Painter? Hmmm....

pushav
10-14-2005, 02:28 AM
Lol brush king. There is a sumi-e brush in painter 7 and up but there is not one in photoshop7. I have ps7 i know that it is dated now and I can't believe it lol. maybe there is one in ps cs and cs2 i dunno cuz I do not have those versions yet. Naybe I should upgrade when cs3 comes i dunno. It may be hard to fake sumi-e in photoshop. I dunno about painter but I don't really know that much about sumi-e ecept for holding the brush. I am researching it now.

pushav
10-14-2005, 03:49 AM
Well painter 7 has not sumi-e brush :cry: Nooooooo

I dunno if this is sumi-e nuff. Lol that was a bad joke. Lol

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/speedpaint/mixtapesumie1.jpg

I tried, Maybe the brush king failed. Oh yeah no reference was used.
I had to dreate a cutom brush for this.

the rookie
10-14-2005, 04:25 AM
Hey nice pics V, this is my own private stock photo's, actually this took me awhile a long time ago to find this type of website http://www.sxc.hu/browse.phtml?DREAMID=f74d30b0dc05ad0e89bf65664c96051c

pushav
10-14-2005, 04:27 AM
Muahaha. Wow!
Thnks a lot!!!:thumbsup:

the rookie
10-14-2005, 04:27 AM
Hey rebecca, I like the Bamboo painting!! :D!! No prob, I guess I'm the resource king :D

pushav
10-14-2005, 04:33 AM
Now I can paint and draw cars. I need pracice on drawing cars and landscapes.

Rebeccak
10-14-2005, 05:51 AM
Here's a great Reference Website for photographs of anything + 3D textures. I had forgotten about it:

http://www.imageafter.com/

The sumi~e painting you did looks kind of cool! I definitely think you should explore this / or similar brush stroke~e style. ;)

Cheers,

~Rebecca

the rookie
10-14-2005, 03:54 PM
Ha HA :D!! I know about image after!! There's another site but it's not in my favorites I'll try to find it, I just looked in my favorites and Image After was in there thoe, amazing :D!!

pushav
10-14-2005, 05:06 PM
Rebecca- Thanks for the link. Lol stroke-e, that sounds funny. I will continue to treak a brush to mimic sumi-e. I have to live up to the brush king rep :D

pushav
10-15-2005, 12:08 AM
Made another study
Done in photoshop7 (custom brushes that I made) with a graphire 2....:buttrock:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/wip/mixtapelion7final.jpg

I even saved the w.i.p. step by steps I could turn this into a tutorial.

More paintings to come....

Any crits?

the rookie
10-15-2005, 12:48 AM
Done with the Palette Knife huh? :D!! pretty nice thoe, Hey rebecca thanks for the hard work you put on the forum I just checked out the Anatomy Reference Section, found some good reference websites for some figure draiwng stuff, as soon as I finish reading this sargent stuff I should be posting some drawings later this afternoon or evening

pushav
10-15-2005, 12:54 AM
Lol you must make a thread rookie.
Yeah I created like 5 palette knives in photoshop 7. I can't believe that the program did not have that brush. Good thing that it was easy to rip it from another program(s) and make it in photoshop.

pushav
10-15-2005, 01:56 AM
I found a site with animals. You can search this website.

http://www.photos.com/en/search/index?cid=8111&SEO=1&srch=Search

the main site
http://www.photos.com/ (http://www.photos.com/en/search/index?cid=8111&SEO=1&srch=Search)

the rookie
10-15-2005, 05:01 AM
Hey that site is pretty dope, did you know you can search pictures by color on there? I think I'm gonna do some penguins...I'm doing some gesture stuff as we speak and trying to work my way up, I still couldn't get the blending thing down in painter but I'll just overlap the colors and try to make it work and minimize brush stokes, the guy seemiller site is being worked on, I'm reading some Bridgeman stuff, norman rockwell, and really trying to rework my drawing methods period, stronger forms, composition, gestures and rhythm lines which I call punctuating more, the last series of drawings I did where terrible and I really need to stregthened my work, to at least have some viewable work

pushav
10-15-2005, 04:04 PM
Rookie- yeah it is a helpful site.

Here is the remixed version of the lion..

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/wip/mixtapelion7final2.jpg

Enjoy.

pushav
10-15-2005, 07:05 PM
Just finished another animal study.
Done in painter 7 and photoshop 7

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/speedpaint/mixtapepenguinsmall.jpg

Enjoy.

Crits?

Rebeccak
10-15-2005, 07:48 PM
These aren't too bad! I would push them further so that at the end of the day, you have more of a collection of finished paintings instead a bunch of unfinished sketches. I like the sense of movement in your penguin sketch ~ it's quite entertaining actually. Go in there and start painting a bit more, try to get shape relatioships to work.

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

pushav
10-15-2005, 08:01 PM
I am bad at pushing paintings. I never was good at it. Speedpainting is helping my skills a lot. I may try to revisit this at a later time. Time to do more paintings.

the rookie
10-15-2005, 08:28 PM
I like the colors, man I just made the biggest mistake, I was painting a scene in Painter IX and I guess the thing just crashed on me, of course I didn't save anything, (sucks) I attemped to add a new layer and then started painting on it and boom the whole thing dissappears, the program and all, I spent a hour on it, trying different things... sucks bad...I only had the trial version of it but I still have a couple of days left, don't know what happened at all,(I was still using the mouse and seen the flaws of line strokes and control, I'll kept practising it, I gonna install the painter that came with the wacom tablet, I know it doesn't have all the stuff that Painter IX has but eventually I'm gonna purchase a license version of it, back to the drawing board, I see you like the penguin idea V LOL :D!!

pushav
10-15-2005, 08:36 PM
Yeah it does crash a lot. that is why I went back to my painter 7 :D.
I had the same thing happen to me before. I was like noooooooooooooooooooo!
Like the guy on the commerial rushing to unclog his toilet but it overflows and ne gets on his knees. Lol.

Slux
10-15-2005, 08:45 PM
Hi Pushav
Hhmm so you study animals yeah thats great I woud like too but not yet humans first lol :)...
Btw nice pictures you have here
in case you would want more references some of these sites could be helpful

http://www.animalpicturesarchive.com/namelist.php

http://www.treknature.com

http://www.gapingmaws.com

http://www.ccjonesphotos.com/PS/index.htm

http://www.pbase.com/laurent_laveder/animals

hope it helps and btw good luck with your studies :thumbsup:

- Slux

the rookie
10-15-2005, 08:47 PM
I learn't quite a bit on the last one, I tried a couple of things, basic colors first, then layering (like photoshop) then attempted to control brush strokes this time around, and then adjustment of movement of light then, layering to finalize composition, and man it crashed, I need to do a couple more of these, I tried it with just oils, but I figured out how mullins does his works, I use arcylics for his style and there is no overlapping of colors, but I was going for pino art style, so that means I have to create a better color palette of colors at the beginning and free hand mouse sketching LOL!!, I guess I'm going to have to master the mouse, the wacom tablet just doesn't work for me, well back to work

pushav
10-15-2005, 08:51 PM
Rookie-Lol the wacom is your friend. Maybe you need the largest one. The one with tilt functions and stuff. Yeah I must stroll over to good brush also an study that work.

Slux-Right on! Thanks a lot:thumbsup: Thanks.

the rookie
10-15-2005, 10:14 PM
Yeah, I agree, I know the wacom has potential, but it's making me retarted(as if i wasn't already LoL!!) but it doesn't want to work they way I want it to, time is an issue for me right now, today I've learned to divide my day as follows..weekends mornings Drawings-digital painting-concept work, later evenings programming structured work to develop work flow we'll give it a shot

pushav
10-15-2005, 10:17 PM
The more expensive one my be the one for you. It sounds like you want the most pressure sensitive on your pen/tablet. Mine only has 512. Lol. It seem like I only work with 3 lol. I dont see the 512 points.

the rookie
10-16-2005, 02:44 AM
Yeah I'm working on it now, decided to take a break and work on some sketches

pushav
10-16-2005, 03:09 AM
Ps7 about 25 mins
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/speedpaint/mixtapeghost2.jpg

DSG and speedpaint thread versions.....
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/speedpaint/mixtapeghost1.jpg

Crits?

urgaffel
10-20-2005, 04:02 PM
A gut reaction says her eyes are too big and that the front of the face seems as if it has been dragged a little to the side. Other than that it seems to be correct, it's just that the center line of the facial features doesn't seem to line up with the centerline of the rest of the head.

Do I make any sense at all?

pushav
10-20-2005, 08:15 PM
Yeah it made sense. I new the proportions were off The is advantage to digital sketching is that you can rotate the tablet and canvas to draw. Thanks for the comment.:thumbsup:

pushav
10-22-2005, 12:50 AM
I am not dead. I recently rented oil painting books from my library. Too bad that they do not really help. Rofl!
I present to you more.....
Here are some more speed paints. I got bored of antamoy of the moment. Now for some still lifes......

Total time 20-30mins on each one

This one was done earlier today.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/speedpaint/mixtapespeakerspeedpaint.jpg

This done 4 hours later. I was creating a new brush and tested it out on this.....
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/speedpaint/mixtapestilllifespeedpaint.jpg

Post your crits and comments.

There is more to come.

Rebeccak
10-22-2005, 01:08 AM
The second piece is not too bad. :) I think you've got something going with the grays there.

Cheers,

~Rk

pushav
10-22-2005, 01:36 AM
Rebecca- I think that this blocky style is for me when I paint. It still holds that "painterly quality" without overrendering and blending. Even tho' I messed up on the pencil.:scream:
I'll try to post more in this style.

And where is that thread called "The Anatomy Art of Rebecca Kimmel":deal:

the rookie
10-22-2005, 08:18 PM
Like the still life V, here is some sketches I have more but I have been very very busy, but check this out and tell me what think http://spanz.ctshare.com/At-Key/Scan0001.jpghttp://spanz.ctshare.com/At-Key/Scan0001.jpg Theses are simple sketches of me working on various things, I will have more detail stuff later, the first one is a Norman Rockwell study that didn't turn out right at all, the next one is some Thor stuff I was think about on some new character design stuff, to paint in painter, the Norman Rockwell Sketch was the first sketch of a new sketchbook, but drawings were drawn with a papermate ink pen, while at work for about 5 minutes inbetween phone calls, the drawing will change and I will use Corel Erase pencils and graphite pencils later on, and possibly charcoal, I had more sketches I did but there at work and I am not aloud to take any materials with me, except I thore out the thor sketch, because I really liked that one and it was something I can build off of

the rookie
10-22-2005, 08:20 PM
I don't know how that got mixed up but here's the norman rockwell sketch http://spanz.ctshare.com/At-Key/Image2.jpg

the rookie
10-22-2005, 08:25 PM
With the new sketchbook I can attempt to pump out more sketches and clean up more, I have a strong tendency to draw in pen because I'm at work and in a hurry, plus I may be thinking about something at that time that I want to try and execute, so it's a quick sketch, so nobody see's me actually working on it while I'm at work, I'll produce more and do some anatomy stuff too for you rebecca, I've just been really really busy, please bare with me C & C are more than welcome

pushav
10-23-2005, 09:27 PM
Lol nice work rookie. Post more!

pushav
10-29-2005, 03:28 PM
It has been a while.
Here is some semi new stuff that I have done.
100 percent digital
Totoal time 30 mins. each

Photoshop7....
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/speedpaint/mixtapespeedpaint.jpg

Painter7.....
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/speedpaint/mixtapespeedpaint2.jpg

Rebeccak
10-29-2005, 10:49 PM
pushav,

I think your last piece has some interesting possibilities in terms of the painting texture.

~Rebeccak

the rookie
10-30-2005, 05:03 AM
Nice pieces V!!! I like the girl one really nice, I see the brush used looks different, but still nice, I got some more sketches, I took them out of my notepad at work :D!! (Kids don't try this at home) I want to try to stick to some of the stuff the Rebecca wants to see especially here, so I'll try to produce some more work geared towards that so I'll attempt to post less character drawings and if I can get some more time I'll do some more anatomy studies

pushav
10-30-2005, 03:46 PM
Thanks you guys.

Started in painter7 and finished in photoshop7. I know that this has nothing to do with anatomy but I am working on the anatomy of landscape painting. Lol
The remote castle.......

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/speedpaint/mixtaperemotespeedpaint.jpg

Rebeccak
10-30-2005, 04:15 PM
Nice grayscale grass! The tree and fort need more work, though. ;)

Cheers,

~R

the rookie
10-30-2005, 05:08 PM
Yeah I like that one too, you're right V the blender in painter does suck, I'm working on some stuff :D!!

pushav
10-30-2005, 07:58 PM
Thanks guys. Yeah rookie you have to make your own blennder in painter for it to be good.

pushav
10-31-2005, 02:48 AM
Pentel .05 pencil on printer paper.
30 mins.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/lifedrawings/mixtapehonglylifedrawing.jpg

Rebeccak
10-31-2005, 03:00 AM
Commented on these in the Life Drawing thread. :) Very nice work! Were these done from photo reference? I think these are some of your best drawings so far. :)

Cheers,

~Rk

pushav
10-31-2005, 03:13 AM
Photo references.
I thought the scan would have turned out to be crap.
It turned out decent.
I have to get back to doing some life drawing to counter act some of the toon in me.

pushav
11-21-2005, 04:15 AM
I am bring the thread back!

Photoshop 7 wacom graphire2 10 minutes

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/lifedrawings/mixtapeshaolin.jpg

the rookie
11-21-2005, 05:35 PM
It's been a minute, that looks like a shaolin monk...funny...I always have stories :D!!

pushav
11-23-2005, 05:20 PM
Yep rookie it has been a while. Thanks.

Flexing my stuff once more

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/speedpaint/mixtapeswan_like.jpg

the rookie
11-23-2005, 10:26 PM
Nice pieces V, yeah I like the shaolin one, I want to work on some rubens type stuff as far as colors and depth, I've been extremley busy, man I have to come up with my own Blog, just so people can understand wat I've been going thru the last few days, but I got alot of work to do and it will get done :D!!

SpiritDreamer
11-26-2005, 05:12 AM
Hi Pusha V
This must be where you've been hideing out lately, just kidding. Been out of action
for a couple of weeks, fan and hard drive burned out, I'm lucky we had just saved
all my artwork onto some dic, right before it happened.
Just started number 7, great models on this one. You should do this one, and use your
painterly aproach, that's the style I'm useing for this one, no blending, just brushstroke
on top of brushstroke,color on top of color
Was just admirering a few of your paintings, really like the figure in frame 13 bottom
great feeling to it. Your rapper Young Jeezy came out real nice too.
My favorite, I think
is the clown one of Rebecca, no kidding, it has a relaxed looseness, that a lot of people
try for, but never get. You seem to be a natural, when it comes to color, they always
seem to be right on the money.
Anyway just thought I would stop by, and say Hi, kind of miss painting with you on the
figure painting forum. It was nice to be able to help you out a little, when you needed it.
and vice vesa. Whatever you do, don't give up on that painterly style your developeing.
There's something about it that could become great, as it matures. I think it's your
ACE in the hole, if you know what I mean
Be talking to you down the road
Take Care
Glenn

pushav
11-27-2005, 06:04 AM
Spiritdreamer-Lol I had a hardrive burn out myself once and it is not fun lol. Good thing that you had the stuff saved. Yeah people tell me that they liked the young jeezy painting. Latley I have been doing the 15 min. sketch a thonn here. I will also try to join the anatomy forum once more. I have been practicing my painting method and self critting it. And I was also studying some color theory yay lol.

pushav
11-30-2005, 02:25 AM
Cartoon style.
For some reason people like this character....
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/sketches/Mixtapemanga1.jpg

Slux
11-30-2005, 07:40 AM
Hi
Oh yeah I like him too :) very nice style, good work :thumbsup:

- Slux

pushav
12-03-2005, 08:27 PM
Slux-Thank you. People can't get e nuff of him. I guess I will keep the character.

And a quick speed paint here. From the 008 workshop.....
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/speedpaint/008workshoppose1.jpg

Rebeccak
12-03-2005, 08:40 PM
*Jaw drops* *Picks up jaw to say* Congratulations, pushav! Great job on this piece, keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

~Rebeccak

pushav
12-03-2005, 10:21 PM
What someone accutually drops there jaw when they see my work? I must have work up on the right side of the bed or it may be becasue I was painting in my lucky boots?
I dunno. Now I really have pressure put on me if you like this piece that much Rebecca.
I was struggling at the begining of the painting. I picked up at tip that one of my art professors was talking about on friday a method some artist used, so I decided to try it out. It payed off somewhat.

pushav
12-14-2005, 05:57 AM
I gave up on the image for now. Way toooooo busy on other projects
And holiday shopping. I get no rest now.

pushav
12-14-2005, 06:48 PM
Here is what I am working on now. (I really finished it lol)
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/speedpaint/mixtapebluemodel.jpg

I will post the finished image and animated w.i.p. soon.

You will not be disappointed.:buttrock:

pushav
12-14-2005, 08:36 PM
Well the animated gif is not appearing right on my photobucket account for some reason.
So I will just post the final image.
Photoshop7 with wacom graphire 2 reference used
total time 2 hours.
Enjoy

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/wip/mixtapeebonymodelheadsmall.jpg

Any crits?:bounce:

SpiritDreamer
12-15-2005, 01:33 PM
Hi... PUSHAV...
You might want to square off her chin a little,... put your finger over bottom right side
of her chin,the part that's lower. Cut off about a quarter inch, and you'll see the nice change.
You might also want to lower the top right side of her lower lip, and put shadow there.
It's a little high there, throws her smile off.....you might also put a little shadow around her
hairline, where it meets her skull. Save that version, ...make a copy, and paint over that
copy, useing bold and loose brush strokes, like on your rap singer painting. Don't mess
with her eyes, they look great...:thumbsup: ...Try that, and see what happens...I bet you'll be
pleased at how much better it looks.....Needes that special Pushav Touch... powerful, but
controled brush strokes and cotor...I'd like to see it after, and if... you try what I just
said...:)
Take Care
Glenn

pushav
12-15-2005, 10:19 PM
Thanks spiritdreamer. Yeah I still have the painting in .psd format. I just finished another painting of a different woman late last night. I see my mistakes on her chin and lack of shadows on the face. I shall do an update of the painting.

pushav
01-06-2006, 05:45 PM
I have not posted anything in a while due to too much Halo 2 lol.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/speedpaint/mixtapeapplerefpaint1.jpg

another version
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/speedpaint/mixtapeapplerefpaint2.jpg

There is more to come.

Rebeccak
01-08-2006, 03:21 PM
pushav,

With the exception of that damn signature, these are really nice pieces! Keep up the good work!

*Waits for response: "LOL. I know you hate the signature. LOL. I made you one. LOL"*. :rolleyes:

Cheers, ;)

~Rebeccak

SpiritDreamer
01-08-2006, 04:30 PM
Hi ...PushaV...:) ..

Nice color study on those apples...:thumbsup:
You should check out ...SALVADOR DALI, and the way he signed some of his paintings.
You should go for the ..IMPASTO, to get the ...GUSTO...in your...BRUSHSTROKES...:arteest: ...

Take Care
Glenn

pushav
01-17-2006, 12:54 AM
Rebecca- LOL. I know you hate the signature. LOL. I am making the sinature as a wallpaper for computers. There are more signatures to come :p Lol.

Spiritdreamer-Thanks a lot!

Well, Back to drawing :lightbulb

More stuff coming soon.

Mu
01-17-2006, 09:01 AM
With the exception of that damn signature

lmao!:scream:

Hey pushaV, it's great to see your progress and improvement! Keep it up!

And if you keep those sigs we will eventually see the dark side of Rebecca rear its head in the anatomy forum, for sure!

erilaz
01-17-2006, 09:34 AM
Damn pusha, that's some good studies you've got going. MORE MORE I TELLS YA!:wip:

pushav
01-20-2006, 07:40 PM
Mr Mu- lol. I should start shrinking the signature.

erilaz- Just wait until you see my Allen Iverson speed painting. It is better than my apple. I was also working on a lanscape painting but i did not have time to finish it.

My time to paint is fading :(. I must stay up later to complete more pieces.

Time to dust off my graphire.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the support everyone.

pushav
02-02-2006, 07:54 PM
I am still alive:bounce:

All done in photoshop 7....

I messed up on her proportions... (Sorry for the size I forgot to downscale the final jpeg)
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/speedpaint/mixtapeebonymodelheadbig2.jpg

Unfinished Allen Iverson.......
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/speedpaint/mixtapeiversonspeedpaint.jpg

This was surpose to be Audrey Hepburn. The likeness faded away....
Animated W.I.P.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/speedpaint/mixtapehepburnheadwip.gif

Finished Speedpaint
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/speedpaint/mixtapehepburnhead.jpg

There is more to come.

Rebeccak
02-02-2006, 08:09 PM
pushav,

Great progress here! Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

SpiritDreamer
02-02-2006, 08:52 PM
Hi...Pushav...:)

Nice to see you back...:thumbsup:
Really like that last group... # 2 is my favorite...solid...good strong brushstrokes..great color
variations...captured mood and feeling...:applause:
Also like the way your handling the lighting on the last two.
Nice job on all of them...I THINK.. :thumbsup:

TAKE CARE
Glenn

pushav
02-02-2006, 08:56 PM
Spiritdreamer-Yeah that Iverson painting is strong. I cant replicate that look anymore. I dunno why. I think that I had the "wacom touch" that day. Glad that you like it.

Rebecca-I'll try to keep up the good work.

NOOB!
02-03-2006, 08:24 AM
hey bra' work is comin along great!

pushav
02-08-2006, 08:00 PM
Here is a cartoony Carmelo Anthony portrait that I did.
Photoshop7 about 40mins.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/speedpaint/mixtapecarmeloanthonymed.jpg

More will come later on.

SpiritDreamer
02-08-2006, 08:38 PM
Hi...Pushav...:)
I see you got your wacom touch back...look's GREAT...really like the complex lighting,
and the way you handled the color with the lighting...nice..:thumbsup:
Wonder what would happen if you popped a couple of crisp colored highlights into
those eyes...just curious...
Your faces are getting better with each one...lighting, color,technique..ect...nice to see...:)
TAKE CARE
Glenn

pushav
02-20-2006, 08:40 PM
This is a master copy wip that I am soing so far....
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/wip/vaguemastercopy1.jpg

Rebeccak
02-21-2006, 04:47 PM
Great start pushav! :thumbsup:

~Rebeccak

pushav
02-21-2006, 10:39 PM
Thanks Rebecca

Here is an update....

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/wip/vaguemastercopy2.jpg

SpiritDreamer
02-22-2006, 11:11 AM
Hi ...Pushav..
Really like the expression on her face...better than the original...your doing a great job on
this painting ....will be a nice addition to your thread :arteest: :thumbsup:

TAKE CARE
Glenn

Zephyri
02-22-2006, 02:14 PM
Hey Pusha... you've come on in leaps and bounds since I last looked in on this thread, way to go! That lastet portrait shows a lovely understanding of light and saturation of colours, and your OFDW work is looking very promising too, can't wait to see more! :applause:

ceresz
02-22-2006, 02:27 PM
Wow pushav... you have come a long way since I first saw your work :O
Your Carmelo Anthony portrait is my favourite.
Cheers!
~Skurai

pushav
02-23-2006, 02:27 AM
Yeah ther has been a major jump in my painting skills. One day it "clicked" and I began to some what understand. I had to treat the painting like a pencil sketch and draw with colors then lay color blocks then tighten up the paintings in the end. I was hitting myself because I worried to much about making the painting perfect and not painting to have fun also. Plus a few custom brushes and Sirius Saltilite Radio while painting does not hurt lol.:buttrock:

The Challenging part of this painting will be painting the beach.:twisted:

Thanks for the comments everyone.

ceresz
02-23-2006, 08:31 AM
Really?
I thought it would be the wawes :D
But I guess the beach is hard to...

pushav
02-23-2006, 11:11 PM
Yeah the water and shadow that the water makes is going to provide a challenge. I may add my own flare to the beach:buttrock:

Update*

I added detail to the thighs, eyes, hands, and feet.

Next will be the waves...........

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/wip/vaguemastercopy3.jpg

SpiritDreamer
02-27-2006, 04:02 PM
GO FOR IT....Pushav..:thumbsup: :arteest:

Bold and Powerful brushstrokes.....water is full of energy....imagine that your that energy in
the water...in other words....become the water when you paint it....young grass hopper..LOL !!
Go for the fine details last...use wide brush to get the motion and energy first....you already
have the eye for color....just trust your ..INSTINCT...:)

The woman is looking ...BEAUTIFUL... by the way...I like her face a LOT...really nice job so far:thumbsup:

TAKE CARE
Glenn

pushav
03-15-2006, 08:20 PM
Lucille Ball from "I Love Lucy"

Photoshop 7 time=1hr

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/speedpaint/mixtapelucyball.jpg

Rebeccak
03-15-2006, 09:34 PM
Nicely improving, pushav! :thumbsup:

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

SpiritDreamer
03-15-2006, 09:44 PM
Hi....Pushav...:)

Looks like Lucille Ball to me....I kind of like this style of painting....a little different from
the brushy style that you used for the rap singer.I like that style also though.
This one and the Audrey Hepburn, are really nice studies of the effects of light and shadow,
created with values.
GREAT JOB...Pushav...and getting better with every one, ..looks like....:thumbsup:

TAKE CARE
Glenn

pushav
03-15-2006, 10:53 PM
Thanks guys. Just wiat until you see the one that I painted of Halle Berry. It is my best painting so far.

pushav
03-16-2006, 01:27 AM
Here is another one for today/tonight

This is front woman "T-Boz" from the hit girl group from the 90's called TLC.
Total time to complete about 1 hour.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/speedpaint/mixtapetboz.jpg

SpiritDreamer
03-16-2006, 02:53 AM
HEY ...PUSHAV.....NOW YOUR COOKEN..... BEAUTIFUL....colors ....everything...GREAT:thumbsup: :bounce:

KNEW YOU HAD IT IN YOU....think your going to live up to that signiture of yours after all LOL!!
MRS SPIRIT DREAMER says you should do a book of entertainment STARS....WOULD SELL LIKE
CRAZY....:applause:

TAKE CARE
Glenn

pushav
03-16-2006, 10:27 PM
Spiritdreamer-Lol That is not a bad idea but...the lawsuits would start rolling in lol. I think that I am still cooking and I am about to add more grease to the fire with this........
(OOOOOO what a smooth "segway" into my next painting!)

This is R&B singer Ashanti.....
Photoshop7 about 2 hours and painted in 2 1 hour sessions. (Hard work)
This looks like a "paint-over" but it is not at all.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/speedpaint/mixtapeashantismall.jpg

I love my new brush in photoshop.:love:

SpiritDreamer
03-17-2006, 12:56 PM
Hey ....Pushav...Your getting pretty good at capturing those expressions....:thumbsup:
Like the way your breaking up the space in the composition..
You might want to soften up the outside edge around hair and face, and maybe
add a little color to the whte areas surrounding her,...might make it look even better,
more finished and with more depth..ect.
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK...MRS SPIRIT DREAMER is still waiting to see that portrait
of ...Halle Berry.....ME TOO !!....:)

TAKE CARE
Glenn

pushav
03-17-2006, 04:11 PM
Spiritdreamer- I will post Halle after this post. I just have to save it as a jpeg. I had it as a psd file for a while on my hard drive. I was going to make the background on the Ashanti painting a light gray but I got lazy and began working on another painting. I never did finish my Master copy lol. I got up to a pace of doing 2-4 paintings a day sometimes when I feel like painting lol. I think that I jump around too much when I paint.

Another portrait from reference....
Photoshop 7 2hours time.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/speedpaint/mixtapesolomodelupturnface.jpg

Rebeccak
03-17-2006, 04:29 PM
Great stuff, pushav, keep it coming! The leadup to Halle is suspensful! ;)

~Rebeccak

SpiritDreamer
03-17-2006, 04:58 PM
LOL!!...Pushav....was just remembering you saying ...I'M NOT A PAINTER..
YOU WERE VERY BADLY MISTAKEN I SEE ...LOL!! :scream:
GREAT JOB on that last one...:thumbsup:

AS far as that jumping around and not finishing things goes...just take a couple of RITLEN or
something...supossed to be good for curing those atention disorders...LOL!!..JUST KIDDING..:scream:
You'll outgrow it......hopefully...:)

TAKE CARE
Glenn

pushav
03-17-2006, 04:59 PM
Rebecca-Thanks

Spiritdreamer-Lol I think painting is starting to grow on me. I was frustared with painting back in the day because I was putting in unbelievable hours practicing and no results came. So I said to myself why not try to start speed paintings to help my thinking process when I paint. I knew I would eventually get the hang of it due to my pencil sketching background. Then it hit me. Painting is like "drawing with colors". So I began to draw shapes with my wacom to build up confidence then I began to use only straight strokes to form planes and then it clicked for me. Lol. I still have a lot to learn. I think that I should start painting animals soon to see how that goes for me.:thumbsup:

Here is my Halle Berry portrait. I nailed her facial likeness off of a few strokes somehow. I was on fire when I was painting it. Iwas going for a loose style but still have a semi finished look to it. I am proud of it. Too bad I can not replicate this style of painting anymore cuz I forgot to save the brush that I used on it. I was hitting myself for that mistake.

Photoshop 7 about an hour worth of time....

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/speedpaint/mixtapehalle.jpg

SpiritDreamer
03-17-2006, 05:47 PM
Pushav....That's... REALLY BEAUTIFUL... You have a a gift for getting a likeness..:thumbsup:
The finer details of technique ect, will come with time, and a lot of practice.
You have already taken leaps and bounds, in a very short time span, and think of how
young you are. Just imagine how good you'll be, when you get to be my age...:thumbsup: :scream: :)
Do you still have your PAINTER program...just curious...I think that is what you should be
using, for what you are doing....more options...better brushes ect.
If you don't. let me know...I have an extra one, and can send it to you if you like.
Would like to see you developeing your skills useing the best...you know...:thumbsup:

TAKE CARE
Glenn

pushav
03-17-2006, 06:00 PM
Spiritdreamer-Yes I still have my painter7 I uninstalled my computer 9 a while ago due to it constantly crashing for no reason lol. 7 is more stable for me right now. I tend to use it when sketching out ideas then jump into photoshop for basic coloring. Recently I have worked only in photoshop 7 for a while. I should have used some of my blenders in painter to see what other cobinations I can get. The only advantage that photoshop has is a better workflow for doing portraits compared to painter. It took me forever to paint a portrait in painter. But I can paint line art faster in painter due to the color triangle and easy color selection in painter. Thanks for the complement.:thumbsup:

pushav
03-22-2006, 09:58 PM
Done in photoshop7

This is a portrait of a model that I found on the net.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/speedpaint/mixtapebangkokmodelsmall.jpg

SpiritDreamer
03-22-2006, 10:31 PM
Hi....Pushav...:applause:

There is a brush in Painter#9....among the tinting brushes....called ...SOFTENER
Great for doing edges, without messing up the colors....just softens....you might
give it a try on this face...some of the edges look a little hard, where they need to be soft.
YOUR REALLY DOING A GREAT JOB WITH THESE FACES....:thumbsup:
You just need to fine tune edges...just a bit...:)

TAKE CARE
Glenn

pushav
03-22-2006, 10:52 PM
Spiritdreamer-Yeah I should have softened up the edges. I still have this saved as a .psd document and good news, My painter 7/7.1 with the update patch has that softener brush:thumbsup:.

Thanks for the compliment.:buttrock:

pushav
03-23-2006, 05:19 PM
Fello Cgtalk member Zhuzhu made a quick paintover on my painting and present to you the Zhuzhu remix to the Bangkok Model portrait painting.:buttrock:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/speedpaint/mixtapebangkokmodelzhuzhuremix.jpg

SpiritDreamer
03-24-2006, 01:01 PM
:) HEY...PUSHAV....Like I said....a little refinement at the end can really go a long ways, and
really make a big difference....QUALITY should trump QUANTITY in the END.... LOL!!....:scream: :)

Ask ...Zhuzhu to post his...I think it's called
ORANGE FLOWER LADY .......GREAT PAINTING..
Could not find it, the last time I looked for it....Think that if you could master what is in
that painting, technique wise, it would allow you to take your portraits to a whole new level,
and you could still keep your own style at the same time....just a thought for you to consider.
Looking forward to seeing that ocean come alive in your latest Master Copy...:bounce:
YOUNG GRASSHOPPER....LMAO...:scream:

TAKE CARE
Glenn

Rebeccak
03-24-2006, 01:53 PM
You're making a lot of nice progress here, pushav, keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

~Rebeccak

ceresz
03-24-2006, 03:26 PM
Here's the orange flower lady tutorial:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=271668

pushav
03-24-2006, 04:51 PM
Yeah I saved that flower lady tutroial on a cd and my hard drive. It is hard for me to follow the method on the tutorial so I used brushes set on 50 perecnt opacity to get a build-up effect. I will have to experiment with smoothing out tones with the airbrush tool and adding textures also.
Thanks for the compliments.

pushav
03-29-2006, 09:19 PM
Here is a portrait of actress/model Gabrielle Union.

Done in photoshop7 with graphire2 wacom

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/pusha-v/speedpaint/mixtapegabrielleunionsmall.jpg

Rebeccak
03-29-2006, 09:29 PM
You're really making strides, pushav! :thumbsup:

~Rebeccak