PDA

View Full Version : Need help adujsting light.

Cloudstriff
09-25-2005, 10:23 PM
Hey guys -

I took pictures today to be some textures in my enviroments, but when I looked at them at my computer, the color at the top of the image wasn't the same as the bottom (due to lighting). I want make these textures seemless, but this will be virtualy impossible due to the light.

My question is, what can I do in Photoshop to make the lighting the same at the top and bottom?

Here is a sample of one of my shots :
http://x2.putfile.com/9/26717213164.jpg

Any help would be greatly appriciated, thanks guys =)

reven
09-25-2005, 10:29 PM
i'm not sure exactly what you are trying to accomplish ...but i would probably start with using gradients...and adjust the intensity and colors as needed!

Cloudstriff
09-25-2005, 10:38 PM
Reven, I want to get rid of the yellowish light that is coming off of the top of the image, and make the lighting like the bottom.

reven
09-25-2005, 11:17 PM
it is possible to select out the area of the top that you aren't happy with and use curve to make and adjustment layer to work with the color and tone of the area...is your image already the size that you need it ...and the gradient can help...and if there is a seam...carefully clone stamping it...i don't work with digital images in the way that yu are trying to ...so someone else might have a totally different way to do it...good luck!

jbw
09-26-2005, 12:26 PM
If you want to make this into a seamless texture I would start by cutting it into 4 sections (on seperate layers) and moving them around - as you do when making a seemless texture. Doing this first should make it easier to see how each edge and corner differ in lighting and colour. Now use the technique reven suggested with adjustment layers and masks to edit the image. I would have thought gradients will be great as a starting point for your masks. Start with colour adjustments (I'd try using the colour balance adjustment layers) then move on to Curves or Levels adjustment layers to get the values closer to each other. Once this is done switch to your stamp clone tool and begin to clone or paint to make seamless.

ta,
jbw

jeremybirn
09-26-2005, 07:54 PM
"Fixing Lighting Irregulaties in Self-Tiling Maps"
http://www.3drender.com/light/EqTutorial/tiling.htm

-jeremy

reven
09-26-2005, 09:51 PM
thanks jeremy for the link!

DizainLand
09-27-2005, 05:59 AM
use the Quick Mask Mode to make a grdient selection, then use the HUE/SAT layer to adjust the Saturation

peace

CGTalk Moderation
09-27-2005, 05:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.