PDA

View Full Version : Anatomical Model Statues?!

reflectedfight
09-25-2005, 12:52 PM
Hey

I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere that supplies anatomical models?
I remember my college had one - but i cant find anywhere that has any to sell.

Does anyone have any ideas?

cheers!

Creation255
09-25-2005, 01:20 PM
Whats kind of anatomical model are you looking for all the internal organs or just things like the muscle structure ?

What I have done is gone to a department store and asked if I could have a mannequin they were chucking out. Then on one half of the body I drew out all the muscle structure. This was great excercise to learn how the muscles are shaped and the on the other half of the body I drew out how I would lay out the polygons for when i'm modelling in 3D.

I found it really helped me to learn how the muscles relate to laying out the polygons. Also when I was modelling in 3D I found it really useful to have somthing tangible that I could move around and look at in the real world.

It might be an idea that you could work with if not i'll have a look out for an proper anatomical model but from what I can remember they are pretty hard to get hold of.

Adam

Rebeccak
09-25-2005, 03:33 PM
reflectedfight,

Hey there, I think Freedom of Teach (http://www.freedom-of-teach.com/products/prod_category.php?sect=products&pid=cat_anatomy) sells them along with posters and the like...

Let me know if you like their stuff! ;)

Cheers, :)

~Rebeccak

reflectedfight
09-25-2005, 04:13 PM
Ahhh Rebecca comes up trumps again!

Wonderful! Have to go for the cheapest one, but hes still cool!

Sorry for always hanging around with questions Rebecca haha.

regards

gavin

Rebeccak
09-25-2005, 04:18 PM
Gavin,

Sorry for hanging around with questions? What are we here for? :) Glad this could help. I think I originally saw this reference in the Art Theories Forum as posted by jmBoekestein, so I should really thank him for pointing it out. :)

Happy to try to answer any question I can. I added the link to the

Reference for Anatomical and Figurative Art (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=257570)

thread ~ you might want to check that out for other references should you need them. :)

Cheers, :)

~Rebeccak

CGTalk Moderation
09-25-2005, 04:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.