PDA

View Full Version : Modern Soldier

tims3d
09-25-2005, 10:54 AM
This character is 4500 polys w/o the handguns, 5100 with the guns. 1 1024x1024 texture map. I want to import it into source engine and see how it looks under the real time environment however I'm not too familiar with source engine so if anyone knows any tutorials please let me know.

Any C&C will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

http://www3.telus.net/public/a7a60743/Soldier/Soldier1.jpg
http://www3.telus.net/public/a7a60743/Soldier/Soldier2.jpg

Keiyentai
09-25-2005, 09:17 PM
Nice looking model you have there man. As for adding him in to the Source engine, I would sugguest google. Probally find a few tutorials on it :)

tims3d
09-26-2005, 05:50 AM
Nice looking model you have there man. As for adding him in to the Source engine, I would sugguest google. Probally find a few tutorials on it :)

thank you :)

DeadBoy
09-27-2005, 02:08 AM
I like it a lot- sweet job texturing the face. Cool concept. Only crit I can think of is the chest armor; he kinda looks like a baseball catcher with that :) I'd change the texture on that part, but otherwise, nice work!:thumbsup:

Deadboy

ZBrushed Troll
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=280169

TheRedemption
09-27-2005, 03:20 AM
good model but he reminds me of the rock....i dont know if thats good or bad.... :p

LuckyDevil
09-27-2005, 05:27 AM
awsome job dude, this model would look awsome with some normal map.

other than the chest plate it looks good to me. good job keep it up. :thumbsup:

tims3d
09-27-2005, 06:09 AM
thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciated it :)

MarkD
09-27-2005, 01:06 PM
Lookin pretty good! I like how you modeled the back of the head so the bandana has those classic points. Most of the time bandanas are skin tight and painted on, everyone ignores those points. I'm glad to see you didn't =)

Crits:
The hands look a touch too high poly, which makes me wonder if you took out some of those polys and added them into some of the lower detail areas like the chest piece or leg armor how much more detail would they have?

The thumb placement in the pose is very wierd. It looks like when the gun fires the slide would rip his thumb off. I'm pretty sure this is just a rigging thing and in the in game animations will be correct? With that many polys in the hands I expect to see some freakishly detailed rigging going on or the polys are just wastes.

I would extrude the pecs out on the model or push the abbs in to break up the solid chest piece. It might help give it a touch more poly detail. Or you could paint a shadow on the upper part of the abbs so they appear to be below the pecs. It looks like right now, they catch more light than the pecs do?

Wayne Adams
09-27-2005, 01:23 PM
the geometry is good, the texture is nice but could use a little work to bring out details. they all seem to dissappear into each other. also, this guy doesn't look modern. I was expecting bdus a load bearing vest kevlar helmet...y'know modern soldier. but he is still a pretty nice character. good luck with the real time test.

elements_darkness
09-28-2005, 12:43 AM
I Like it. The hands poly count could be toned down and transfered to the head.

CGTalk Moderation
09-28-2005, 12:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.