PDA

View Full Version : Maya particle Viewport

Gpin
11-09-2002, 09:40 PM
Hi everyone,

When you playpack particles through the viewport, is it supposed to be real time? I'm talking about a simple emmiter.

It's been a year I haven't use Maya, and I recall being able to see my particles in realtime.
I'm running on another system than I used to, so I'm confused

I think it's my graphic card settings, i'm running a Asus V7700 with an Nvidia Geforce GTS2 proc. (not that great) But I'm sure I should be able to see everything real-time, at least very simple particles effects.....

I have a Oxygen GVX1 kicking around, but before I test the card in my system, I needed you opinion and maybe some help to configure my settings.

Thanks.

Gpin
11-09-2002, 09:43 PM
And I'm running a dual 850Mz with a gig of ram, and I'm sure the performances were better before......don't know what happend.....oh and I'm running 4.5 !!!

Wigaru Wiyamoto
11-10-2002, 11:47 AM
Whenever working with particles or anything dynamic you should have the timeline set to "play every frame" not "realtime." (Preferences > System > Timeline)

If you want a realtime preview of your particles do a playblast. (Window > Playblast)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.