PDA

View Full Version : level of control on splineik spine

gu3
09-24-2005, 11:53 PM
hey, I am trying to set up a spine with multiple levels of control, and finding I dont understand hierarchy as well as I thought. I have clusters grouped under nulls that are constrained and weighted to both hip and chest controls to keep them moving smoothly between the two. Now, I want to add controls to select the middle clusters individually so that they can be animated on their own. However, I cant seem to do this without destroying their constraints to the hip and chest controls. What do I need to do?
thanks!

seema
09-25-2005, 04:09 AM
hi

wat i do is this n it works well for...
choose the no. of spans "2" when creating the spline Ik so that u land up getting a spline with 5cvs.creat clusters for each one of them.so u wll have 5 clusters.You can have the top two
parented to shoulder cntrl, bottom two to the hip control n the middle cluster can b parented to the COG cntrl. N dont forget to parent the shoulder cntrl n the hip cntrl to the COG as well so the the whole back moves without havin double deformations.

if u want more control u can even have another fk back chain which drives these cntrls as well!! :-)

Hope this helps

CGTalk Moderation
09-25-2005, 04:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.