PDA

View Full Version : Skull Sniper

DeathNinja
09-24-2005, 08:09 PM
I have been wanting to post something for a long time and now I have finally gotten a chance.
This is a character i have been working off and on for a while now.

I am using Maya, Max and photoshop.
So far he is around 7K ply, I am shooting for under 8K
Right now I am using a shadow map for all the shadows but I will most likely change to a normal map because it will be more usefull.

Keep in mind its only about 20% finished right now but I welcome any comments or critiques.

dpizzle
09-24-2005, 10:05 PM
you have a style that i have not seen before
don't really know what to say though...
why both max and maya?
just curious

DeathNinja
09-24-2005, 10:30 PM
First, thank you for posting.
I am in the middle of learning Max and I am not as comfortable with all the tools as I am in Maya so thats y I am going back and forth.

Headless
09-25-2005, 12:18 AM
If you're going to Max from Maya then my advice is just to switch to Max and try and stick with it. If you come across a problem which you know how to solve in Maya but don't in Max, if you spend the time finding the solution to that problem in Max rather than just switching your model back over to Maya, then you'll learn Max quicker and the next time that problem comes up, you'll know how to deal with it.

Also, this (http://www.alias.com/eng/products-services/maya/file/3dmax_to_maya.pdf) might help.

CGTalk Moderation
09-25-2005, 12:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.