PDA

View Full Version : tv lines

jazzman121
11-09-2002, 07:48 PM
how do i give tv lines to my video? and make it look like its one a tv in AE

Ian Jones
11-10-2002, 12:47 AM
Practically the same way you would with photoshop. I'm sure you have seen a tutorial, there are staxx of them about it. Basically you just make a picture in photoshop that has alternating black and white, single pixel width, horizontal lines. so you end up with a whole image of lines, black and white, which you bring into AE and place on the top layer with a blending mode like 'overlay' or 'soft light' etc...

Hope that helps.

derErschaffer
11-12-2002, 06:24 AM
what are TV lines...?....do you mean noising...?

arthur
11-12-2002, 03:34 PM
I used to do these by hand but have since discovered a great photoshop plugin called 'Deep Devices : Retroscan' . I work on a mac not sure whether this will be available on PC. However this plugin is way cool, I am pretty sure you can import this to After Effects,

jazzman121
11-12-2002, 07:54 PM
yea thats wat i want noise and the lines...

derErschaffer
11-15-2002, 06:35 AM
i dont know where it is but i think in "stylize" are the effect "noise"...but thats only noising...maybe you can create the lines with a directional blur...

or a plugin....

its837
11-18-2002, 10:05 PM
if you just want scan lines photo shop is fast and easy

if you want the stuff to animate and the lines to vibrate and react like a tv

there is a plugin called cinalook that has over 100 options

its pretty great but can be overwhenlming

-eat cake

A MacVey
11-24-2002, 04:31 PM
look at http://www.crewoftwo.com under the making>hologram section there is a little video there called hologarbage(i think) and that could be sorta what you are lookin for to overlay over your video

RiotManZ
11-25-2002, 07:56 PM
Try this:
http://www.creativemac.com/HTM/58Seconds/2000/08_00/aevideolook/aevideolook-page1.htm
It´s maybe not the effect you´re searching for, but it looks quite cool. Kinda distorts your 'clean' images.:surprised

ilasolomon
11-30-2002, 10:46 PM
Ok, I have done such a thing before.
1. if you are going to print your anim on Video (output) so you must remember that presenting a scanline simulation in an interlaced medium needs a little trick to work out! & that is you need to DOUBLE the scanline mask B/W lines! (2 pixel width each black or white lines)
your footages will be shown in white area (lines) since the black lines remain black.
2. add a Glow to footage.
3. some brightness & conterast will help (little over expose).
4. add some noises.
5. also you have to add a BLUE touch to frames.
6. a very slight blur gives a good result afterall.
7. for Video Malfunctioning effect then you need bunch of works or a plugin! (at least there is one I know)
Regards
Ila

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.