PDA

View Full Version : problem with rig connecting script from "HyperReal" dvd

gu3
09-23-2005, 05:24 PM
Hey, I was wondering if anybody has had a problem/knows a solution to getting the HHRconnectControl script to work in Paul Thuriots AW HyperReal rigging dvd. Are there any flags, ect that have changed in 6.5 that make this unusable/needing editing? Are there any other scripts out there that will snap a bound rig to a control rig. Yes, my scripting skills suck and I cant do it.

Thanks!

RonGriswold
09-23-2005, 09:26 PM
I've been using it in 7.0 with no problems. A few things to check:

Make sure that you've added the bound and control attrs to the appropriate rigs using HRRaddBoundAttr and HRRaddControlAttr. One of them your need to select all the joints and the other you don't... I can never remember which so I just select them all on both. Check the Extra Attributes in the Attribute Editor to make sure they are there.

Remember to prefix your bound rig's joints with "HRR_", the control rig's attrs are set to this naming convention so it won't work without it.

Finally, make sure you select the top nodes of each rig before running the connect script.

Hope that helps,

Ron

gu3
09-23-2005, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the reply. Well, i hadnt added the HHR_ prefix, but unfortunatly the magic still doesnt happen. Whats confusing is that the extra attributes HrrBound and HrrControl have the name of the joint they are bound/controlling before i run the script, which seems wrong and that they should contain the names of the current selected joints, and even after I run the script the extra attribute Hrr Controlled has nothing mapped to it when you would think the HRR_bound joint name would show up there. Is that what is supposed to happen? Does the control rig joints need some naming prefix as well?

All that happens when I run the script now is that the right foot joint of the bound rig is selected. And If I run the script over and over it selects all the way up to the headEnd joint of the rig. No point contraining, no nothing.

This is just a test with the exact same biped rig duplicated and given the HRRcontrol attributes. The top node of each rig is the bodyJ joint.

Any ideas?

On a side note, in the situation that I cant ever get this to work, is there a manual hack I can do to ahcieve the same thing? ie just manually point constraining the bound rig joint by joint to a controll rig that is animated?

RonGriswold
09-23-2005, 11:18 PM
Yeah, the bound and control attrs will have the HRR_ prefix in them automatically, this is in fact why you need to add that prefix to the bound rig. If all the attrs are in place, and the prefix is there, then the only thing I can think of is that you are not selecting the bodyJ_1's of both rigs before running HRRconnectControl.

You can do the connection manually using point/orient constraints, that's all the script is doing. It's just saving you a whole lot of work.

I'd be happy to take a look at the file if you'd like. My email is rgriswold@rioting.com.

Ron
Riot

krusty@trix.com.au
09-28-2005, 12:16 AM
HI i had the same problem you have to type HRRconnectControlFromTo
this works definitly
Krusty

krusty@trix.com.au
09-28-2005, 12:17 AM
first source script HRRconnectControl then do as above

CGTalk Moderation
09-28-2005, 12:17 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.