PDA

View Full Version : Create Spring Tentacles of a Bug

Abhimation
09-23-2005, 03:45 PM
Hi Guys,

I am a newbie character setup guy. I am setting up this Bug with tentacles on his head and a tiny tail behind. Can you please guide me a way to set them up as springs to avoid doing secondry animations manually ?

Thnx for your help. Will post the images of the setup as i get rid of few other troubles too.

JohnPark
09-23-2005, 06:22 PM
One very simple tool for automating overlap and secondary motion is the jiggle tool. Have you tried this approach out? You can apply it to a set of vertices and then use the paint jiggle weights tool to customize the falloff.
-JP

Abhimation
09-23-2005, 06:53 PM
Thnx for ur reply.

But that way i dont think ill be able to tweak the animation if required in any scenes. Ive to make somethin like the tentacles of Hopper in The Bugs Life.
I will be requiring the help of tentacles on the head for lil act too.

Plz check the attached image.

Thnx again.

JohnPark
09-23-2005, 07:05 PM
I see. Maybe your best bet will be to rig them with regular fk joints (which tend to be easy to animate overlap on). You can key them exactly as you like, and then layer on some jiggle for secondary motion you don't want to do yourself.

Abhimation
09-23-2005, 07:11 PM
Thnx for the reply again.

Will finish it up, will be great to have your views on it.

What would you suggest for the wings ? Whats the better way to handle it ?

JohnPark
09-26-2005, 12:50 AM
I'd use fk joint chains for the wings. Nothing particularly fancy, you should just run 3-4 joints down its length and then a couple of chains running perpendicular to that one.
-JP

niralrajani
09-26-2005, 07:10 AM
Hi abhi
well FK is cool option but still i f u wanna get it automated u can do one thing.
Creat ikspline and convet CV's of ik spline to softbodies it will work very well i have already used it many time for overlaping actions.....
have fun
Niral

CGTalk Moderation
09-26-2005, 07:10 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.