PDA

View Full Version : The Girl and the Ghost - Environment

Jay-Pea
09-23-2005, 01:17 AM
Hello folks, JP here.

Well, the Digital Games M.A. is all over and done, and myself, Mastaphul, Saramago and others are currently all seeking the Golden Ticket.
Having been a fan of the site for some time, and posted a couple of times, I think it's time to throw some work up for critique/praise/mauling.

My final project for the M.A. was primarily inspired by the dual-character mechanic of Ico. What I also attempted to achieve was an aesthetic reversal of Icos visual style; from the pale and vast to a palette of intricacy and intense colour/shadow.
My game is set in Russia, and follows the adventures of a young girl (Migi) who discovers an old, run down dacha, derelict and forgotten since the Peoples Revolution. With all its occupants long since dead, the dacha is completely empty. That is, apart from one remaining occupant...

Anyhoo - visuals: two views of the Dome, one with a character for scale reference.

http://img388.imageshack.us/my.php?image=frdome33yw.jpg

and

http://img388.imageshack.us/my.php?image=frdome26ls.jpg

As per normal, wires, texture sheets ect. to follow. However, the two characters will have their own thread.

Cheers,
JP

AdamAtomic
09-23-2005, 04:11 AM
beautiful stuff jay, definitely need to see more!

Saramago
09-23-2005, 09:41 AM
Glad you finally put these up. You've they don't really do you environent justice though. I know your going for the atmosphere but you could really uy a bit of (very gentle) ambient light and get some rays coming of of the windows.

Mastahful
09-23-2005, 12:10 PM
Yeah man, its about time! I agree, get some gentle light in there, just to bring out the detail.

Woyman
09-23-2005, 04:32 PM
Great great stuff! I nearly gasped as the image loaded on my screen. It was like I was really looking up at the dome of a huge cathedral. Great work!

nibbuls
09-24-2005, 08:06 PM
Great stuff! I love the lighting!

TryForce
09-24-2005, 10:31 PM
very nice one :D gj!

CGTalk Moderation
09-24-2005, 10:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.