PDA

View Full Version : Abandoned Gas Station Help/Critique

weird-coma
09-22-2005, 12:03 AM
This is a gas station I've started working on as part of a game level I want to do for a demo reel. Its been a long time since I did any texturing, and even then, I wasnt very proficient. One of the problems I'm having is getting that crisp detail I seen in so many textures today, even with a large map. Since this is my first attempt in a long time, the map I am using is very large, much more so than it should be, but then again, its only practice. The problems I'm having so far are the obvious repeats in the brick texture, and I'm not really satisfied with the paint on the bottom of the building. Anything tips anyone can give me, or constructive critisism would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Bpanting
09-22-2005, 01:04 AM
I think you need to add more details into the model and that might help some. Like moldings around the doors and windows, or some signs on the walls. Things like that to help break up those big areas. Maybe a soda machine the front wall. I think those kind of things will help break up the model better.

weird-coma
09-22-2005, 02:04 AM
I know what you mean. I have a ton of props and objects, from graffiti and wall signs to old tires, trash cans and tools. Maybe I should get some of those textured up and into the scene and stop obsessing about the wall texture?

TheRedemption
09-22-2005, 02:11 AM
well what i would do would be to just find some pics of real gas stations, or go look at one and go from there, worry about placing everything where you want it/where it would fit then worry about the textures.

just my idea though

CGTalk Moderation
09-22-2005, 02:11 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.