PDA

View Full Version : Compiling Renders into Video + PS Actions

Psyhke
11-09-2002, 01:32 AM
I have come to the point where I'd like to do some experimentation with animation. But, my questions are these:

1. Are there any freeware tools for compiling image sequences (ouputted from LW) into movie files that anyone here can recommend?

2. What method could one use to apply a Photoshop 'Action' that I create to an entire sequence of images, without having to Open-->Apply Action-->Resave each image file?

Any ideas appreciated! :wavey:

ub52
11-09-2002, 02:57 AM
I don't have any recommendations for item 1 but you could do a search on Google.com for Video Editors.

For item 2 look in the File menu under Automate. There is a batch function which will let you apply the action of you choice to the contents of a folder.

- ub52

Cman
11-09-2002, 04:29 AM
For Number 1, use LW.
Input your image sequence as a background image and render out a movie file.

smfjersey
11-09-2002, 04:54 AM
The PS thing,..Edit/automate Batch. It's pretty easy. In LW do you want to edit the images then export them to a movie type. If not then you can just save it out as whatever you want in your "render" settings

Psyhke
11-09-2002, 05:40 AM
Thanks all! :applause:

...Turning out to be easier than I thought. I don't know how I could have missed the File-->Batch thing in PS. I was trying to find a way to do it from within the Action section itself, I guess.

Rendering out background image sequences from LW seems to work fine, too. Although I wonder how well LW will react with larger sequences (i.e. full size image sequences can tally up the megabytes pretty quick). So, I checked out the freeware 'VirtualDub'. It can compile video out of image sequences, too.

Smooth sailing, so far. :cool:

Kaiser_Sose
11-09-2002, 07:28 AM
Here you go

http://www.jahshaka.com/

cyroz2000
11-09-2002, 09:04 AM
For compiling images sequences, I use pjbmp2avi a little freeware prog that converts bmp or tga seq to avi, easy to use and fast.
Anyway, Jahshaka seems to be a very interestin prog.

Cman
11-09-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Kaiser_Sose
Here you go

http://www.jahshaka.com/

That looks VERY interesting.

Joril
11-09-2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by cyroz2000
For compiling images sequences, I use pjbmp2avi a little freeware prog that converts bmp or tga seq to avi, easy to use and fast.
Anyway, Jahshaka seems to be a very interestin prog.
Whoa, thanks alot, I used framecycler alot before (commercial uses) and I loved it, I didn't know there was something similar and freeware out there!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.