PDA

View Full Version : plant growing like logo

ztaz
09-21-2005, 08:18 AM
hey guys, first i know my title sucks well unfortunately thats what i have to do, i have a project where i need to make a logo which is a 4 crossed bars to grow by time like a plant, n the problem that i m facing is that each bar shoud move in a snake like motion,
well i tried the path constraints, but the proble is how am i supposed to make the bone react with the shape of the path,
any suggestions.
thanks guys.

paperclip
09-21-2005, 04:53 PM
I'm not completely sure what you're asking for, but try the 'grow' modifier and constrain that to a path....

Let me know if that was what you wanted.

omega3d
09-25-2005, 01:19 AM
I would definately check out spline IK... then use a "stretchy bone" (linked bone with a position and a lookat constraint) and that should work (if I understand what you are asking).

Jon

ztaz
10-08-2005, 12:01 AM
i m sorry it took me so long to rply paperclip, i dont have a grow modifier, i think its a plug in, right? anyways i scaled the vertices in x n y axes to zero, then i added a vol select modifier assign it to vertex animated the gizmo and added a morpher which will morph it to the unscaled model, so it gives the growing feel.
it kinda worked
thanks anyways

CGTalk Moderation
10-08-2005, 12:01 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.