PDA

View Full Version : Realtime Rendering

velburg20
09-21-2005, 04:53 AM
I am woundering if Maya can perform realtime rendering and can this be done with MEL Script? If MEL Script can perform realtime rendering is there an outside program that is compatable with Maya?

jtilden20
09-21-2005, 07:13 AM
Sorry, you'd have to write a very specialized plugin with the API in order to get Maya to render something in real-time.

phantastikfan
09-23-2005, 10:46 AM
In the viewport Maya renders the scene in realtime, but of course not with the maya software or the mental ray renderer. For that viewport rendering you can use cg-realtime shaders.

housewarmer
09-23-2005, 10:37 PM
In the viewport Maya renders the scene in realtime, but of course not with the maya software or the mental ray renderer. For that viewport rendering you can use cg-realtime shaders.

Exactly. With Cg shaders and high quality viewport rendering you can get pretty decent RT (including shadows!) rendering as long as you have a fast system. No AA though.

velburg20
09-26-2005, 08:46 AM
I'll explain what I want to do better, I don't know if it will make a difference or not. I am looking to do something in the line of motion capture, however, I do not want to use the motion capture camera systems. I want to use key strokes instead of the camera system. The model will be a single, low poly object with no background, just 1 camera and one light.

Hirni_NG
10-02-2005, 08:25 PM
I'll explain what I want to do better, I don't know if it will make a difference or not. I am looking to do something in the line of motion capture, however, I do not want to use the motion capture camera systems. I want to use key strokes instead of the camera system. The model will be a single, low poly object with no background, just 1 camera and one light.

That s no problem. Write a script that listens to keyboard inputs and execute commands such as setting or recording keyframes based on that input while running the timeline. Has been done lots of time before.

velburg20
10-03-2005, 11:10 AM
I have never done MEL Scipt before and was woundering if something like this is hard to create, if so could you point me to a place where I could learn how to do srcitping that would help me create this? Would I also need a rendering farm to be able to get the real time rendering as I execute the commands?

CGTalk Moderation
10-03-2005, 11:10 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.