PDA

View Full Version : Problem with cluster.

zoc
09-20-2005, 11:26 PM
Hi guyz,
i've got a little problem.
This is the structure of my skeleton:

root joint > leg joint and group of ik .... everything work well but ...
i make a spline ik for the back and cluster it, so out of hierarchy now i have the this two things.
everything work, but when i put the cluster and the ik spline under the root joint group, when i move the root joint, the leg remain in the same position...

can someone help me please?

thanks!

zoc
09-21-2005, 11:29 PM
I think is more simple to show the outliner:

http://www.zocdesign.com/treddi/outliner.gif

I can't put the cluster in the ROOT_BOX, because if i do it, and moove the ROOT_BOX, the legs remain bound to the tips of the feet.

thanks!

underearth
09-22-2005, 10:29 AM
just out of box

tell me for what you are using cluster handles for on joints

i have never use ik spline on back spine

so i was just wondering

i am noobie....

was just wondering

zoc
09-22-2005, 10:43 AM
I make the ik spline from the root to the base of shoulder, as you can see in the image.
The cluster make the movement of the cv with weight... from root to shoulder 0, 0,25 0,5 0,75.... so if you rotate it, it come out with a progressive rotation...

http://www.zocdesign.com/treddi/cluster.gif

if i live the cluster out of root_box, when i move it, the "c" remain in its position, so if i have a large scene it would be uncomfortable... it would be more natural to follow the root_box...

niralrajani
09-24-2005, 06:25 PM
you need to keep cluster out to work it proper in this cas u can use controler cluster...
now u can not constrain the cluster ...so just connect trans value xyz of ur controller to xyz of ur cluster .ie controller trans will drive trans fo cluster and make controller child of ur root controller...it will work
Niral Rajani

seema
09-25-2005, 03:14 AM
create clusers (dont make them relative) for each of the cvs in ur curve n parent those clusters to ur root joint.DO NOT PARENT THE SPLINE CURVE to the root.the curve shud b out of the joint hierarchy. Then it shud work fine :-) hopefully

zoc
09-26-2005, 09:25 AM
Yesssssss!!!
now it works very well! i just put the spline out of hierarchy, cluster and Ik spline in....
I don't understand why, but it works!
thanks to all people!

seema
09-27-2005, 06:49 AM
hi

if u dont understand how that worked i will xplain:

a clustr drives the vertices of a curve...so if u parent the cluster n the curve to the root n try to move thr root, the cluster as well as the curve r gonna move,which means that the cluster r moving the curve n the root is moving the curve so u get double transforms!!

hope it is clear .....:-)

zoc
09-27-2005, 08:45 AM
so if i have a scene with some charachters, i leave in the middle of the scene all splines hidden...
thanks for patience!

seema
09-28-2005, 04:54 AM
u shud parent the spline to the character placement cntrl which actaully moves the whole character...

CGTalk Moderation
09-28-2005, 04:54 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.