PDA

View Full Version : hello all first crit

Flynn
02-24-2002, 04:50 PM
hello everyone I am new here....just heard about this place from someone on deviantart.

anyway I guess I will post my latest work (or try to anyway) The ear needs a lot of work still as well as his shirt.
This is my second attempt to do a human head...so be gentle hehe

http://www.morethanless.tzo.com:81/sedrickheadtexure.jpg

also I just want to say I have never seen so many damn good 3d artists in one place.

Flynn
02-26-2002, 10:09 AM
does my link not work? or is my model that bad? lol

nelisch
02-26-2002, 02:18 PM
The link doesnt work.
At least not where i am.

Flynn
02-26-2002, 05:55 PM
this one should work
http://www.morethanless.com/morethanless/sedrickheadtexure.jpg

Adam Klein
03-06-2002, 12:48 PM
Hey bud, lookin good for 2nd try, its no easy task ;)

I think some more surface detail would really help, pores on the nose area, and some stuble, or pores where the stubble would be. I always find that this adds a lot of realism, as well as fine bumpmap lines around the eyes or corner of the mouth etc. for very fine wrinkles, (how much depends on age,... or reference if there is one.... which ALWAYS helps)

good work, keep it up

AK

Antilles
04-03-2002, 12:34 PM
Just little details would help, like the radial streaks in the iris, and eyelashes, and a more accurate ear. I almost feel like i shouldnt say anything though because its lightyears ahead of what i could ever do...

LFShade
04-04-2002, 04:57 AM
First, might I suggest that when you post for criticism, you'll get the best response if you post images that show your model more...completely. Like screen-captures from your 3D program showing a full shot of the model from multiple angles (at least front/side/perspective), and with default lighting. It really helps to include a wireframe, as well. It's really hard to make out certain aspects of your model, and that makes it impossible to comment on the quality of it:)

From what I can see, though, you're doing well on this head. I do see that the eyelids do not fit tightly to the eyballs, and that's a major distraction from realism. It looks like you're going for a realistic look, so you'll definitely need to fix that. The upper lip may be a bit too sharp, but that could also be a result of the high-contrast lighting in that area. The part where the nose connects to the lip, in the middle there (I forget what it's actually called) looks like it comes down too far.

All that having been said, your 'second attempt' is looking better than my first 10 attempts. The human head is a challenging subject:)

bombyx
04-05-2002, 01:11 PM
Nice one for a second try
Now U have to work on textures ,cause it needs a littile more bump, so U'll have nice wrinkles and skin grain .I also suggest U put the head material in 2 sided mode so the ear will not take all the lights, which is too bad cause your I like your lights .And ,if U have time, U could work a bit on the ear shape..........

Flynn
04-08-2002, 04:40 AM
thx for the tips guys...what you said makes a lot of sense.

I will post when I get time to work on him again.

thx for the help guys

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.