PDA

View Full Version : Blend Shapes and Materials

RoleXXX
09-20-2005, 06:47 PM
Hello, I've been using Maya for about 6 months and recently I've gotten into setting up facial animations.

My problem is I have a character where I want to make 4 basic expressions (anger, happy etc) and mix and match those in parallel to get hybrid emotions. However, I have a texture on the main character and everytime I add a blend shape (anger for example), the texture seems to distort and tear horribly when I modify the slider 0-1. Is there something I can do so solve this?

Thank you for any help you guys can provide.

niralrajani
09-21-2005, 05:08 PM
Plz check UV's before applying belndShape and chek out all inputs ....while adding blend shape, go to advance option in blendshape window and make "front of chain " insted of "Default"try it it may give better results.
Niral

betito
09-27-2005, 10:26 AM
I always map all the textures before making the blend shapes and never have that problem, so be shure to have the target shape all ready mapped.

CGTalk Moderation
09-27-2005, 10:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.