PDA

View Full Version : The best Bevel and modeling tools for an artist

Khorram
09-20-2005, 09:40 AM
I've just tried bevel tool in Silo 1.4 and found it very much handy. I use Maya for polygonal/SubDiv modeling and would like to know what other tools and features in other softwares can be of most use for an artist as I use Max for its inset and chamfer for example.

Of course comparing packages like Maya and Softimage to the like of Silo has no points and I am not looking for any comparison. I appreciate if anyone can mention some unique features and tools in any software they use as a useful tool for an artist. I guess that softwares like Maya, Max, Softimage, Cinema 4D, Modo, Lightwave, to Houdini as high-end products to freewares like Wings3D and Blender or some plug-ins and scripts have a thing or two worthy of mentioning here.

Please let's save discussing about Nurbs modeling for other topics. Hope that this thread can be a useful reference for users and developers.

Thanks for any contribution.

CGTalk Moderation
09-20-2005, 09:40 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.