PDA

View Full Version : multiple constraint question

jakiloblanco
09-20-2005, 12:57 AM
i'd laready posted this in the main forum... to no success... i hope someone can help me here! :D

Hi! I;d just like to know if there's an easier way to have more than one constraint on animating a character, instead of playing with the offset... ie: a character's hand is on the table. i used an orient constraint on the hand control during ik to keep his hand planted. he lifts his hand, and repositions it somwhere else on the table, redirecting the orientaion of his palm. i used the orient condtraint's offset to match the new position.

is there an easier way of doing this, or is this the standard way of doing this kind of thing? i tried adding aother orient constraint, but to no success... so i figure this would be the only way of doing it.

thanks alot!!

xenoid
09-20-2005, 01:51 AM
Hi, dunno if my concept's right, but here goes... :)

I was thinking you can apply orientConstraint on the hand to the 2 targets you wana switch between. Then just like the IKFK switch method, you can setup an SDK with a custom attribute to switch between the weights of the 2 constraints you created.

Dunno if this is what you want. Hope it helps. :D

niralrajani
09-20-2005, 05:48 PM
hi

XEN is right that can be one way...u cna add soem more step....orient const ur controler then group it and they apply next orient const to the group which can give u more command on controlling hand.......

jakiloblanco
09-21-2005, 08:07 AM
Ahhhhhhhhh. I never thought about grouping. Both ideas a great! Thanks alot!

CGTalk Moderation
09-21-2005, 08:07 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.