PDA

View Full Version : Awkward Moments - restroom - AnimatingFiend

AnimatingFiend
11-08-2002, 06:58 PM
Hey peoples. This is my first time trying to compete with the big boys here. Thought this topic would be good for me to enter. Anyways, i threw together a quick animatic with painter and flash.
1. Private Bathroom. Character runs to door, cause guess what? He's gotta pee.
2. Pulls out a set of keys for el bano.
3. Tries out each key, and is unsuccessful.
4. Freaks out, throws keys, jumps up and down.
5. Some dude walks into scene.
6. Turns doorknob, walks in.
7. Door closes behind him, and locks.
8. Character pisses himself. The End.

Some minor timing issues need to be fixed near the end. I will squeeze everything in though, don't worry. ;)
Animatic (http://www.animatingfiend.com/awkwardanim.gif)

srv
11-08-2002, 11:27 PM
Hey,
I like your concept, funny.
I wonder if a more subtle pose for the end where he pees himself would be better, maybe not facing the camera. Just a thought.

AnimatingFiend
11-08-2002, 11:27 PM
hmm...nothing yet?? :(

AnimatingFiend
11-08-2002, 11:49 PM
yeah, that's a better idea. thanks, srv.

Been working on the model today. it's funny how a model so simple, is so tricky to actually make for me now. I have my process for making organic characters so prominent in my head, that it's making this kind of difficult. It's hard not being able to add more lights to the scene, as well as making an interesting character out of sectional geometry.

I think this challenge is going to be a good exercise for everyone. Good job thinking this one up, guys :beer: .

Rogue
11-09-2002, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by AnimatingFiend
[B]It's hard not being able to add more lights to the scene, as well as making an interesting character out of sectional geometry.
Hint: the interest will lie in the animation, not the model.

AnimatingFiend
11-09-2002, 03:59 AM
Yeah rogue, thanks. I know the interest will be in the animation, but it's always nice to make a good model :P.

AnimatingFiend
11-09-2002, 08:21 PM
Model (http://www.animatingfiend.com/awk.jpg)
Okay. Here's the model i've been putting together. Just kept it really simple. Want to focus on the animation like the challenge suggests. Working on the rig right now, and since I haven't really made my own rig before it should be pretty fun 0_o;;

Any suggestions about color or good ideas for my rig would be helpful. :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.