PDA

View Full Version : hinging hell and then some more

boomji
11-08-2002, 07:48 PM
hey dudes,
some quickies ;)
is there a fix or an update on combustion which fixes the problem of the layer scaling up a bit when i hinge layers together ???.
and another problem... for eg i have made a 3d composite and put together a dice(die) consisting off 6 sides.camera move is pretty simple...starts frontal and ends anal :D ...no seriously, at an topish angle.i get the typical roping along horizontal lines.
i have enabled supersampling.do i have any other options to stop this...is blurring the only way to go.i will post an image later.
besides does cs have any known problems with intersecting layers like afx.
i had rotated all the layers and positioned them and i decided to parent them to a null(to controll the dice)...some layers just flipped :shrug:
sorry to bugger you guys so much but i'm from the afx camp and now i have to get with cs in 2-3 days.
tahnx anyways.
b

Chris
11-10-2002, 08:45 PM
have a look at changing the layers you are hinging to square pixels to avoid that stretching problem when hinging them.

Re staircasing, are you rendering at best quality?

boomji
11-11-2002, 07:07 PM
hey chris dude ;)

thanks.u've helped out qiute a bit in max too :thumbsup: .
Combustion aspects every thing you import into an aspected comp...sheeeeeeh :annoyed:
there was nuthin in the prefrences as well to stop this from happenning.The roping was happenning because the layers were close to each other...so i just cheated(ha!!!) and put the layers a wee bit away from each other.Still i wish they had more tools and sampling algos.
funny i cant do depth of field in camera...what with the aperture and focal distance settings i would think it was meant to do such stuff :shrug:.
thanx again.
b

rlph.
05-29-2003, 04:28 PM
"funny i cant do depth of field in camera...what with the aperture and focal distance settings i would think it was meant to do such stuff "

Hey, I was trying to do the depth of field effect with some simple text operators using the camera's aperture and focal distance settings but it didn't work at all. SO, is that even possible in combustion 2.1? I have been using After Effects and I cant find any similar DOF options in Combustion camera... F1 didn't help either. What am I missing here? :shrug:

Chris
05-29-2003, 10:22 PM
nuthin'... (as in, your missing nothing, theres nothing there :) ), the DOF filter in Combustion only works on objects with embedded Z-Depth channels & there ain't no automatic scene depth of field... Hopefully something to look out for in Combustion 3

leova
05-30-2003, 03:08 PM
I think there is no DOP for layers.
BUT you always can animate BLUR...

leova
05-30-2003, 03:14 PM
I think there is no DOP for layers.
BUT you always can animate BLUR...

rlph.
05-31-2003, 08:28 AM
Thanks for clearing that out Chris and Leova :beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.