PDA

View Full Version : render problem

SheepFactory
02-24-2002, 12:53 PM
Hi Guys

Does anyone know why the rendering starts and stops instantenaously when i try to make a software batch render.

this happened to me for the first time , it worked fine for 19 frames , for some reason its not rendering the 20.th frame.

if anybody else had a similar experience and know how to solve this , please let me know.

thanks in advance

A|i

SheepFactory
02-24-2002, 12:55 PM
just found out that its only doing that when motion blur is checked on.

weird

A|i

Chappo
02-24-2002, 03:40 PM
Hmmm..... somtimes i'm having trouble with normal batch rendering ... very weird stuff !

stark-001
02-24-2002, 09:11 PM
hahaha something horrible happend to me

i worked on a super Large scene for Hours ... Batch rendered it for 9 hours .. only to found that the batch render didnt render anything !!!

:(

SheepFactory
02-24-2002, 11:30 PM
thats so annoying and unacceptable.

time to write some mails to Alias i guess

A|i

Chappo
02-24-2002, 11:46 PM
Yeah.....

Some sort of .AVI checker, and a rebuilder or something... ;)

Is there a program (outside of maya) that batch renders a file, and shows the current framerendering and all that ? without having alot of mem. drain on it.

The only way to check the progress of a render is to have Maya running on the background and opening up the script editor.

I know it's possible to close MAya itself, and the mayabatch still continues to run in the background, buthow do you check the progress ???

Lyr
02-24-2002, 11:51 PM
Hmmm I never do any rendering from within Maya, I do all of it through the command prompt. It seems to go alot faster, and have fewer problems.

Jhonus
02-25-2002, 02:53 AM
i always just set up my renderglobals within maya then close it.

Then right click on the file in Windows explorer and render it. If i need to render multiple scenes i use some batch rendering program i found on highend3d which works fine.

As for checking progress i just load up windows explorer and check what image number its up to in the /images directory. Its does no damage to open up a half rendered image.

Well, I think I succesfully stated the obvious?

SheepFactory
02-27-2002, 12:53 PM
THATS IT!!!! , i tried everything , it still doesnt render ,

it renders the stills but when i try to render an animation the unwelcome "batch render completed" message pops out in 2 seconds.

i tried command line rendering and everything . does anyone know the solution to this frustrating problem?

I think i am going to learn xsi after all :mad:

A|i

Jhonus
02-27-2002, 01:31 PM
have you added any extra cameras to yoru scene?

Chappo
02-27-2002, 03:40 PM
Camera1 is setup as renderable and the persp. cam. is unchecked (renderable).

I guess this is the sneaky thing that bothered me in the beginning of my learning experience with MAya....
And still.......

right now.....

other rendering problems arise where i really REALLY don't have a clue on how to solve it :)

What i would want to know is this...
Right now i'm making my Animations, modeling and everything else on my home-computer...

What if i want to transfer those files to another computer and render it there ??
All i have to do is copy the SOURCEIMAGES and SCENES directory, right ????

Or should i copy the Mayaswatches, and other dirs also ???????

PixelSoap
03-02-2002, 01:59 AM
I had the same problem... Could Render stills, but not Batch.
It had been so long since I had rendered anything(Maya2.0) that I had totaly forgot to set up the camera renderable under the Camera's settings. As soon as I did that....I was good to go.
don't know if that would help... but just thought that I would throw that out there...
good luck

SheepFactory
03-02-2002, 02:27 AM
nope still have the same problem :(((

i lost any hope in maya's renderer ,

A|i

JuRrAsStOiL
03-02-2002, 03:43 AM
hmm, ok, i'm not that good in maya, but just found
this one:
http://www.aliaswavefront.com/en/Community/Support/software_updates/whats_new_402.html

Look at point 2...
Might this be the problem ?!

Houkah
03-02-2002, 12:43 PM
I've had a problem somewhat similar to this. It would render frames and sometimes not finish the frame leaving it half rendered, then just crap out. The problem was caused by my processor running extremely hot. I got a new heatsink/fan and that fixed the problem. I don't know if this is the same problem you're having but try checking the temperature with something like motherboard monitor.

SheepFactory
03-02-2002, 01:02 PM
that may be the answer , i'll check it right away

Chappo
03-02-2002, 02:00 PM
i'll try and check that one also.....

Sheep > i'm curious how this will handle on your machine ! :) let me know !

johngloid
04-29-2003, 05:50 PM
When this happens I just change the filename prefix from (not set; using filename) to something else.

alexx
04-29-2003, 08:03 PM
sorry for entering so late.. ali you are sure at least one of your cameras hast the "renderable" check box set?
in older maya versions it was possible to have a case where no camera was renderable.. in maya all was fine but when batch rendering nothing would render.

also: try optimizing your scene and even try to export all and then open that scene.. helps sometimes..

but unfortunately i did run in problems like that quite often during productions..
one time that even ended up in setting up a scene again by scratch - 1 week work :(

good luck

alexx

SheepFactory
04-29-2003, 08:10 PM
Wow this thread was very old how did you find it :)

yup checked the camera rendereble attribute too Alexx , havent tried exporting the scene though , if I run into it again i'll check that out thanks for the suggestion.

Ali

alexx
04-29-2003, 08:15 PM
you solved the problem?

SheepFactory
04-29-2003, 09:55 PM
Yeah , by not rendering :D

I have been modelling for a while , so havent done any rendering lately.

FloydBishop
05-27-2003, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by johngloid
When this happens I just change the filename prefix from (not set; using filename) to something else.

You, sir, are my new best friend!!

:)

I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out why I couldn't batch render after being able to render frame after frame in the IPR.

For some odd reason, changing the name of the images Maya spits out does the trick. I've never had this happen to me before... BIZARRE!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.