PDA

View Full Version : copy texture files and set new path

uks
09-19-2005, 12:49 PM
I'm writing a MEL-script for the following reason:

I like to collect all the texture files i used in a scene and copy them to a specific directory. (Sometimes I have more than one Texture-Dir and sometimes textures from other locations will be used). This first part works. But then I like to change the ".fileTextureName" - attribute to the new location. Now the problem:

Every time I change the path to a new directory but the same filename, nothing happens. The Attribute is still set to the original directory. If I change the filename during this process, every thing is fine - but this is not the goal.

Conclusion ;-) I like to copy linked files from one directory to another and apply the new (relative) path/filename to the link.

Maybe you have an idea that can help to solve this problem. Maybe you know somebody that can help me.
Thanks for your help,

Christian

swardson
09-20-2005, 05:39 AM
check out the file texture manager script on highend3d.com it does exactly what you are looking for, and is a priceless tool in my pipeline.

cheers,
Brad

CGTalk Moderation
09-20-2005, 05:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.