PDA

View Full Version : Earthquake - VFX Challenge - Nando3D

Nando3D
11-08-2002, 04:18 PM
ok is been a long time i wanne to enter to the challenges, i am not good modeller but i love Visual FX...

so i going to enter this one, as it is Visual F/X Challenge..
is my first entry and my first time i try to archive this effect on live video....

i done something very easy today in Max 5
I hope you like it, is only the plan or storyboard
I 'll shot the footage this weekend , down my road, and if i am luky i'll get two friends to be in the shot :applause:

Good luck to me and all the other entries

Nando

Nando3D
11-08-2002, 04:25 PM
one more

Final Shot

Nando

Nando3D
11-11-2002, 07:29 AM
New update ...... this is my street sunday morning.. Only testing..

I want to get a clean shoot no cars on the road, impossible in London....

any comments please

Nando

.overflowed
11-11-2002, 10:38 AM
Looks good. But:

1 I think in next version should be more things undergroun wires etc

2 Edges are to sharp. They should be destroyed.

Nando3D
11-12-2002, 08:13 AM
thanks overflowed...
Yep i thinking to add particles, rocks, dust and the CGI car...

is been raining all weekend overhere....... :thumbsdow

anyone know a website to upload my movies so you can view?

Thanks

Nando

Nando3D
11-21-2002, 07:40 AM
ok i done some work over the week, but no much luck shooting my street, rain , cars, more rain and is getting dark very early....

ok this is no the final version yet, only add the steam.....

Please any coments......

Click here to view the movie (low Quality) (http://www.nando3d.bravepages.com/WebRender.mov)

Chao Amigos

Nando

astrofish
11-21-2002, 08:49 AM
Hi Nando,
If I try to view your mov file, I get a page saying the following:-

" A Hotlinking Error Has Occured!
We have detected a hotlinking error. Hotlinking is when you link to images or NON html files on bravepages.com from another host. Hotlinking is not allowed for our FREE Accounts. Hotlinking is allowed for our paid accounts. Your account can be upgraded in the user section when you have logged in. "

How very uncooperative of them...

Your stills look good though. One comment on the steam in the still that you posted - it looks a bit too uniformly coloured where it's thick...

I like the big subsurface pipe - nice touch!

Good luck!

Nando3D
11-21-2002, 09:02 AM
thanks astrofish..
can anyone try to right click save as..

i just try in another computer and works (save as)

thanks

Nando

astrofish
11-21-2002, 10:34 AM
Yes, 'right-click -> Save as' works.
Looking good!

Knut
11-21-2002, 10:52 AM
Think you are getting along good here. Like the inside of your crack, pipes steam etc. The far end of the crack looks a bit off, maybe you could do something better there

The other tip is on the smoke/steam. When rendering smoke or anything that is transparent somwhere your background needs to hav the same colour (or close). When you render particles on a black bakground in any package and the particles get transparent at end of lifespan they mix with the black background.
So when you drag it into your comp. package it will have som nasty fade to black effect and not blend in at all. It looks like you are having that on your particles. So remake them with a light grey background and they would look much better. I think some packages have options for not filtering agains bakground witch would do the same thing (i think).

ke

cuse
11-21-2002, 11:40 AM
thats looking quite sweet... :) keep it up, cait to see it finished.

cuse

Nando3D
11-21-2002, 12:09 PM
thanks guys more work to do ...

You right Knut, i try to fixed the steam...

do it tonight at home

Nando :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.