PDA

View Full Version : One more thing about Alex Alvarex DVDs !

chuong
09-19-2005, 03:41 AM
I have watched the DVDs of Alex Alvarex, this DVD is about Goal, using polygon, nurbs objects as goal(Dynamic 6). I understand about what he said, but i cannot set up my particle like in his video ! I mean the final render of the particle. From some types of particle like point, sphere..., how can i create effects like this one :
http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/dvds/dyn06.html

Thank for your help

chuong

AndersEgleus
09-19-2005, 06:45 AM
If you want to render points, multipoints, streaks, multistreaks, spheres, or sprites, you need to use the hardware renderer (windows/ rendering editors/ hardware render buffer). Only cloud, tube, blobby and instanced particles will render with the software renderer.

chuong
09-19-2005, 09:12 AM
Of course i know how to render each type of particle. What i want is to creat effects like water drop, liquid.... I see in DVD of Alex Alvarex, and wonder how can he create that liquid effect.
Anyway, thank you.

AndersEgleus
09-19-2005, 07:00 PM
Oh, sorry, I just looked at the last picture there with the supernova or something. Didn't see the liquid ones.

Those are most probably done using blobby surfaces. Definitely the second one at least. The first one is likely blobbies too. He's got a nice shader on them. Im not really a shader guy, maybe a question for the rendering forum?

mattwhelan
09-19-2005, 10:58 PM
hey anders - im looking for a guy named anders who I got in contact with about a year ago - he helped me with some melscripting - unfortunately i lost his email. Is it you?

if so please msg me back or email me at mattwhelan2000(at)yahooDotcom
thanks man
--Matt--

AndersEgleus
09-23-2005, 08:20 AM
Yeah, If I remember correctly it's me :wavey:

My net mail's been nuked, but I can mail you from work. Check it :)

CGTalk Moderation
09-23-2005, 08:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.