View Full Version : Character: Nude Male

AndyBa
09-19-2005, 02:51 AM
Low polygonal nude male.
2,408 triangles.
http://www.web3dservice.com/andyba/3D/lowpoly/nudeMale4.jpg

kaisasose
09-19-2005, 11:26 AM
Very well executed model... I reckon if it was female you'd have got many more responses by now!! Wires by any chance? :thumbsup:

WHW
09-19-2005, 11:27 AM
WOW! That's some great modeling there and very nicely textured too - cheating a bit with the toes tho :)

Will you be doing any poses planned for him? And please, post up the wires - I've got to see the wire!

SHEPEIRO
09-19-2005, 11:29 AM
very good. poor bloke must have been standing naked in the cold for a while.:scream:

Jol
09-19-2005, 12:35 PM
Looks really good, would like to see the wires/tex sheet on this if possible. BTW what's he for? Jol

MK2
09-19-2005, 01:45 PM
standing naked in the cold for a whileHahaha! Yes i was thinking the same... and he should "shave" his bush a little... he has more hair down there ,then on the rest of his whole body.
Anyway... nice model. One thing that bugs me is that dark line on his feet.

johnwoo
09-19-2005, 01:52 PM
very, very crisp texturing...I agree with kaisasose tho'..if it were female there would've been more replies, but that's cos' the female form is so much more beautiful to look at (without sounding like some kinda creep) ya know?...but all the same very well done...good job...:thumbsup:

p.s. c'mon put some clothes on him tho'...HAHA...

AndyBa
09-19-2005, 04:53 PM
I agree with kaisasose tho'..if it were female there would've been more replies, but that's cos' the female form is so much more beautiful to look at

Here is the back view.
May be some people would find it more attractive :D

http://web3dservice.com/andyba/3D/lowpoly/nudeMale3.jpg

johnwoo
09-19-2005, 04:56 PM
HAHA!!....touch'e...HAHA....:D

kaisasose
09-19-2005, 04:59 PM
We asked for wires not butt shots!! :twisted:

WHW
09-19-2005, 04:59 PM
OMG!:eek: Women and children cover your eyes! I think we need some serious pixelation boxes on him.:scream:

-KDX-
09-19-2005, 05:10 PM
awesome work

it's true if it were a female nude people woulda flooded this thread already with positive comments...sad really people can't see the beauty of it. Granted I am very heterosexual, this is an outstanding piece...my only comment would be why do u need a low poly/game model of a nude character outside of an adult themed game???

-KDX-

Gaboon
09-19-2005, 05:19 PM
Absolutely beautiful texturing. Really impressive and realistic. So many people (myself included) doing comicbook bodies that all look the same. Its great to see someone breaking out and showing their skill. Great work!

AndyBa
09-19-2005, 05:27 PM
Wires
http://web3dservice.com/andyba/3D/lowpoly/nudeMale_rt7.jpg

my only comment would be why do u need a low poly/game model of a nude character outside of an adult themed game???

:) It's a template, I can use it whenever I need a half naked male body.
And it's for sale too.
If it were for an adult game it would have something different between legs. ;)

Miguelito
09-19-2005, 05:27 PM
Is this a self portrait? If so I 'd raise temperature a bit :D
Just kidding.

Really nice work

Miguelito

AndyBa
09-19-2005, 05:34 PM
Is this a self portrait? If so I 'd raise temperature a bit :D
Really nice work
Thanks!
The high temperature effect is not visible because of polygonal optimization. :)

mindrot
09-19-2005, 07:17 PM
Lovely clean work. One thing that seems a bit strange is that the top half seems way more orange than the bottom half which is more pinky and fleshy and less saturated. I know it's probably a tan thing, but it just looks a bit strange to me, almost like the top half was over tanned or they forgot to tan the bottom half. The bottom half also seems more natural in colour.

Otherwise good work.

djkaneda
09-19-2005, 08:18 PM
ww.cgchaLovely clean work. One thing that seems a bit strange is that the top half seems way more orange than the bottom half which is more pinky and fleshy and less saturated. I know it's probably a tan thing, but it just looks a bit strange to me, almost like the top half was over tanned or they forgot to tan the bottom half. The bottom half also seems more natural in colour.

Otherwise good work.

i hate to go against ya on that, but i think that the whole top half being tanned is pretty natural. supposing that he's the kind of guy that doesn't wear a shirt often. i think that if the top tan was toned down a bit it would look a lot more natural. but it doesn't bother me much how it is. great work man :)

brisck1
09-19-2005, 08:28 PM
great model but I cant help thinking you werent very generous in the old 'family jewels' - poor guy :P

the_what
09-19-2005, 08:41 PM
Mmmmm something for the Laydeeeez!! :scream:

Hazardous
09-19-2005, 10:09 PM
Hi AndyBa,

Nice piece of work here, but I recognise the body is just a photo from 3d.sk and it doesnt look very much altered to me. :sad:

The face looks a little recogniseable to me also perhaps posting a closeup of it would reveal which one of the photos from 3d.sk youve used on there as well.

Sorry to be so negative - but applying straight photos to character models doesnt require too much skill - especially photos that are widely available to the public, they are also instantly recogniseable to anyone who has used them before as a base or for proportion guides. Ie - Me.

PetterSundnes
09-20-2005, 11:58 AM
Sorry to be so negative - but applying straight photos to character models doesnt require too much skill

I agree, but one thing that puzzles me with the game industry, is that technology advances and we have specular mapping, normal mapping, light refraction and all sorts of realtime effects to make things seem photorealistic. All these technological efforts seems a bit pointless, if all textures are to be hand painted. Having followed the graphical evolution since the late eighties until today, I must say the graphics of today looks like a higher resolution of the graphics seen in demos of the Amiga-scene in the 90ies. Not bad in itself, great technical/artistical skills at a pixel level, but if the industry wants photorealism, it should start using more photo based textures.

As for this model, I see you have mirrored the texture, so perhaps you should try and generate some more randomness to the surface on each side. If it is 100% symmetrical, it looks more computer generated and "fake".

onelung
09-20-2005, 03:33 PM
really nice base, and nothing like having a base male, saves so much time on the little things. nice work

SHEPEIRO
09-20-2005, 04:12 PM
yeah keep the photographic textures. if your going for realism you cant beat whats real. come on lets have another theoretical fight. anyone read Baudrillard.

ha, yes but seriuosly, if your using a well known photograph as source material, it could be a prob when selling. I would perhaps stretch another to fit or, paint over/alter some of the features, pehaps change the tan lines etc, to give the model more indivdualism.

ArchangelTalon
09-20-2005, 04:40 PM
Nice work.

One thing I noticed is that his upper arms look pretty well developed where his chest/shoulders/back seem a bit wimpish (muscle-wise). Seems a bit disproportionate.

-KDX-
09-20-2005, 04:53 PM
base model and for sale, great then...as I said beautiful work.

-KDX-

anoon
09-20-2005, 10:24 PM
I'd like to disagree with the misconception as to how easy it is to "just slap a photo" on a model.

I would argue that painting out seams, matching lighting conditions, and matching tones requires a different type of artistry, especially given next generation game engines and their lighting models.

I will not argue however that being able to instantly recognize the source material is distracting and takes away from the final result. Otherwise, nice work.

Hazardous
09-21-2005, 03:19 AM
Just to clarify my point, Yes I agree with what anoon has said - Working with photos requires a different kind of skill - The point was taking a straight photo of which many people have access to and merely using it with minimal retouching and then offering the model for sale - doesnt rank to highly on my list of 'wow this is impressive stuff'

I wont comment any further - AndyBa: I think the end result looks nice, but agree again with anoon in saying that for anyone that has worked with photoreal humanoids would most likely have recognised these photos from 3d.sk and that might reduce your 'wow' factor to any potential employees, if indeed thats what your intentions are/were. :)

AndyBa
09-22-2005, 01:53 PM
Well, my intentions were to see what people think and receive some crits that would help me improve the model.

I agree that the tan could be more uniform.
Regarding making it look more individual, believe me it's quite easy to transform this model into a unique model with similar proportions. I left all the photographic details as they were on purpose. I did it with the principle no work should be done in vain.
If somone buys this model it's very probable that he will customize it for his own purpose, why spending time on making it look more unique then?
Instead I spent time on quality i.e. more details, no visible seams and no stretches...

mindrot
09-22-2005, 06:40 PM
Uneaven tan aside. I think it's a really good model.

AndyBa
09-26-2005, 11:41 AM
Nice work.
One thing I noticed is that his upper arms look pretty well developed where his chest/shoulders/back seem a bit wimpish (muscle-wise). Seems a bit disproportionate.
Indeed his arms are a little bigger (muscle-wise) in comparison to the body.
But it's a common thing among real people, I think it's acceptable.

CGTalk Moderation
09-26-2005, 11:41 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.