PDA

View Full Version : itching for some help

ben_n
09-18-2005, 11:31 PM
hi there, im a student in need of some help. i always find it hard to get going with a story i've had a few ideas but nothing that i am comfortable with. i was wondering whether people wouldn't mind coming up with a character and a setting/place that characters is in. this could help me come up with a short animation of about 3mins. anything anyone can help me with i would be grateful for. cheers

please help!

Rickmeister
09-19-2005, 01:22 PM
What type of short would you like to make? Action, drama, thriller. Dark setting or a happy place...

ben_n
09-19-2005, 03:13 PM
i want the short to be funny a simple story so that people can follow it easy

ben_n
09-19-2005, 11:02 PM
hey me again. another idea just thought what u think:
story about two young insects who are fighting [playful], and end up into a dark part of the forest/jungle etc... where they come across an insect that wants to eat them. then we go into the young insects trying to escape. we see them hiding, fighting off the insect. they eventually escape leaving the insect that wants to eat them high and dry. and they go off laughing, and relieved.

so what ya think. its a rough idea

another one where two boys wondering through the woods stumble across something, but what im not sure.

got to remember its only going to be about 4mins long. please advise

veljko-lemonade
09-21-2005, 08:40 AM
your idea sounds cool- it seem alot of work so it all depends on how much time do you have to make this short and what are your skills- cos a good idea is important, but allways have in mind that its better to make a simpler idea that you would be able to do to the best of your abilities-

of the top of my head a simple idea but with alot of potential would be a guy who buys a bike over the TV, and when the delivery guy delivers the bike he refuses to pay him to assemble the bike, so he has to do it himslefe
alot of funny and painfull things happen to him while assembling the bike, he can call some of his friends to help him out and they show up with a tone of high power equpment (blow torches, pneumatic drills, electric saws and stuff like this) and they totaly mess up the bike- but on their faces at some point we see that they are pleased with what they made in the end, and they shake eachothers hands and smile- we see their version of the bike and the one that is shown on the box and they look totally differnet, but they dont mind- the closing scene is of the guy riding his half broken bike down the street with parts falling off, and the sunset droping down on the road ahead...
:)

CGTalk Moderation
09-21-2005, 08:40 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.