PDA

View Full Version : Bug?Deuce, Proton are you here?

Labuzz
11-08-2002, 02:43 PM
-Have you try to delete a subpatchWeight map?

at first i just wanted to make a regular weight map but i was in subpatchweight mode...I have forgotten to make a new WeightMap. Actually you can't see a subpatchweight Map in gradient input parameter...I have copied the SubPatchweight map (the default one) but then you have this issue : A new Subpatchweight map which isn't a regular Weight Map ( As you can see in the drop down list in the Set Vertex Map value Window...Hmm I think this info should be in the vertex Maps window too...). So it's the same problem with this new SubPatchweight map...You can't see it in the surface editor or any plug or script actually...I have try many things: Changing the name of the map ( sometimes its work ),reLaunch LW, try the Dstorm plug Delete Maps, Try to merge the map ( ichikawa script ) but you can't see it.

-Have you try to clamp the the BRDF ( ...INTEGRATION...) specularity AnisotropicII with a procedural texture in the specularity channel? I can't...

-Is there a problem with UV texture and Weight Maps in the Viper? I have very strange result...

TKY

Eugeny
11-08-2002, 04:15 PM
To delete sub path weight map simple make this map active (from drop down right down corner menu) and hit "shift + -"

Basically shader ones activated will cancel all regular parameters so u cant mix ...

Yes Viper don't render uv maps as well as preview window in Surface editor :annoyed:

Labuzz
11-08-2002, 05:04 PM
Tky for the answer,
but i dont understand your Shift + - Actually when i hit Shift and +, it's calling the create point tool ( the hotkey + )...I havn't find any Shift + or Shift - in the hotkeys list. For me its just make sense to use the right click Menu in the vertex Maps window for delete or copy weight Maps ( you have the option so why it s doesnt working with SubPatchWeight Map?).
To make it really clear be sure to understand that i dont want to clear the map but delete it.

One more thing, I think we really need more control with the procedural and shaders in LW ( layered shaders...)...I am very anxious about LW8...With the current situation the price to pay is time which isn't very good for us and Newtek...

mav3rick
11-08-2002, 06:15 PM
viper can handle uv maps just be sure your object is set to subp 0 or freez it.

Eugeny
11-08-2002, 06:48 PM
Just hit "Shift" and "-" altogether , modeler will clear all weight data from points ...

Labuzz
11-08-2002, 07:20 PM
Eugeny,

It's not this, I dont want to clear vertex information i want to delete the map ( i dont want to see the name of the map in the vertex map window and in the set vertex map value drop down list ). I f you want try to simply copy the subPatchweight default weight map and after this try to delete his new map. It's important because when you have to deal with export and Video game engine you must have very clean Mesh to avoid a lots of problem + now we have to deal with multi UV map on a model.
Try on this object to delete the bla Subpatchweight Map:

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/borhan.berthet/CubeTest.zip

Eugeny
11-08-2002, 08:21 PM
Well here is some notes for u:
U cant copy or delete Sub patch weight map ... Its default weight map , u can delete weight data but not this map . U can't copy this map to add another Sub patch Map ones copied the newly created map is no longer Sub patch Map - it's regular weight map.

Now here the few steps with your cube:

http://lobster.ls.huji.ac.il/~eugeny/CGTalk_junk/Weight_Map.jpg

1. Select point and hit "i" - u see that u have some sub patch map applied to this point with value 0. U can see all your maps in Vertex map window - (Shift + F6 by default).
2. Deselect this point and hit "Shift" + "-" (Clear Map) - u still see this map on drop down menu but if u request info for point u will see that no any map value assigned to this point.
3. Change drop down menu to "none"
4. Check the weight drop down menu again - u will see the bla map no longer exist.

Here another solutions for u:
Use Vertex map to delete unnecessary maps ( but be careful if u have two or more objects with same maps loaded on Modeler - u will delete this map on all objects)

U can clear 0% data from weight maps assigned to some points (with more then 0% data ) - usually u get this after using Vertex Paint - bu using Cull_Map command. Here u can define some threshold and ON "Clear" option.

http://lobster.ls.huji.ac.il/~eugeny/CGTalk_junk/Cull_Map.gif

If u define 0% and name of map that have some weight assigned to some area (like shoulder) but with 0% influence spreaded on some points on the mesh - after running of this command u will see that drop down requester (in low down corner of Modeler interface) will jump to name of this map. If this happen this meant that command was successful and any 0% data was deleted.

CG.p
11-08-2002, 08:23 PM
You can't clear the subpatch weight from the dropdown, it is always there. Clearing the value will remove the weighting from the verts you select. If it comes down to not wanting to see it on the menu... don't open the menu. :)

Labuzz
11-08-2002, 08:49 PM
Tky Eugeny,
Actually the problem come from the way LW update windows, this is very confusing. First you can't delete the map inside the Vertex Maps window and this is confusing because you have a delete vertex Map command. After this you have the Clear Map command and for updating the display of the vertex map window after you hit clear map you have to click inside the window actually...Ahhhh:rolleyes:

CG i was not talking about the default subpatchweight map...

Eugeny
11-08-2002, 08:54 PM
Yes it's bit confusing ...
Hope i helped to solve your problem :)
Have fun :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.