PDA

View Full Version : exo marine - hipoly lovin

Shimmer
09-18-2005, 09:09 PM
currently making a hipoly version of the exomarine I made for Nuclea Dawn one year ago. I am still searching for a job and thaught, that some more nextgen stuff would attract potential employers more.
I initially wanted to work for rockstar vienna but they are not responding to job inquiries.. so well I had to work of my depression with mechanical hipoly modelling :)

enjoy

http://stephko.viranyi.de/WIP/extroop_hi_WIP04.jpg

also, I made a HL2 style bust in hirez with subtle normalmapping and stuff, but not yet fnished.

http://stephko.viranyi.de/WIP/the_inspector_WIP04.jpg

Please feel free to pass my folio to your AD and coworkers if you are searching for character artist.

Thanks

FerdiWillemse
09-18-2005, 09:22 PM
WOW! Really high-quality stuff! 4 thumbs ub! :)

ArchangelTalon
09-18-2005, 09:50 PM
Very nice stuff.

How's ND coming? I haven't heard anything about it for some time now...

Shimmer
09-18-2005, 10:10 PM
thanks,

archangle: Dont know, I dont work for them anymore. Though, one of theri environment artists told me that they will have a release on december.

AdamAtomic
09-19-2005, 02:40 AM
This stuff wails man, post more!!!

johnwoo
09-19-2005, 08:49 AM
These are very cool Shimmer...the skin looks excellent on the human character, but there is something I can't explain, that does'nt quite look right with his eyes....And that exo marine character absolutely rocks....good job....

Por@szek
09-19-2005, 09:34 AM
Nice modeling of exo, and awesome skinning of this guy.
Until now i though that ND is one person project - retro shinobi.
Can someone give me some more info about that? I saw the shinobi's works time ago and I must say that was kick ass, now I see You work and also I must say i kickass, so meaybe someone give me a link to that?
Take care.

kaisasose
09-19-2005, 02:54 PM
I really like the modelling of the soldier and the texturing of the human. V. good work. The eyes are somewhat freaky. I think it may be the highlight makes it look like he has nearly no pupil and/or his eye colour may be too light. Other than that, it rocks. :)

WHW
09-19-2005, 05:14 PM
OMG! It's Gary Oldman. With glass eyes? Or some kinda implants? Really nice usage of NM, very subtle. Also saw your cyber-orc guy with the neon bits, very nice!

Have to say I'm totally shocked you're still looking for work with such a varied portfolio. There's something serious wrong with the dev co's out there!

mindrot
09-19-2005, 06:20 PM
Lovely work. I remember Steve (Retro-Shinobi) did one of these for ND as well.
Quality work mate :thumbsup:

I doubt you'll have any probelms finding work.

Keep posting.

brisck1
09-19-2005, 07:44 PM
Hi guys, hi shimmer.
Just to let you know things are still going strong here at ND, I cant disclose much due to the project being under an NDA until next month, but all I can say is you wont be dissapointed.

Im currently a mapper for ND and although I cant show anything until we go public, you can see my previous work here on CGTalk.
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=227088&highlight=depot

I've only been with these guys for 6 months, but all I can say is they are raising the bar for community mods...

PhilOsirus
09-19-2005, 08:58 PM
Hey nice job! I was wondering if the high-poly model is subd? I wonder because I rarely manage to make square/rectangular shaped parts on subd models without messing up the topology.

Thanks for the info!

Shimmer
09-19-2005, 09:28 PM
@johnwoo:
Well, I guess the eyes. Everybody is botherd by the eyes :) but thanks

@Por@szek:
Well Speve-O works on it too but its a full team. Dont know how many left and what happend, the only thing i know is that the leader used to be a wanker. I left when I got my first contract...

@kaisa:
thanks. Yes its the eyes. Nobody likes them :)

@WHW:
Well, I actually have an job offer from an company. But they just do crap and handle theri employees like shit. Not interested... As I said, Rockstar Vienna is my number one place, but they are not responding... goddamn world...... :)

@mindrot:
Thanks.

@brisck:
NDA??!?!?!!? Dave went totally crazy, huh? NDA for mods... ztzztzzt

@Phil:
Yes the model is sub-D through and through. Jep its hard to manage mechanical parts with sharp edges in hipoly, but once your worked in , its works great.

Thanks for the comments so, I hope I can show of some progress when I got the time.

Miguelito
09-20-2005, 10:37 AM
Grüüüüße nach Freeeeeeeeiburg :)

Nice work. Show us the maps of that guy :D

Miguelito

blz
09-20-2005, 01:00 PM
looks very good so far.
keep going

onelung
09-20-2005, 02:19 PM
nice stuff, like your goblin head on your site alot. Cage for the marine is nice, are you just uprezing your lowpoly, or making a new one from scratch? Looking forward to updates.
-onelung

CGTalk Moderation
09-20-2005, 02:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.