PDA

View Full Version : 3ds max unwrapping

Fudge
09-18-2005, 07:19 PM
Hey, im unwrapping my character but i have lots of diffrent unwraps (head, body, legs arms, ect ect) i want all of these onto one texture sheet but im not sure how to do this, somone please help this is killing me

Thanks

senceris
09-18-2005, 07:46 PM
Hey, im unwrapping my character but i have lots of diffrent unwraps (head, body, legs arms, ect ect) i want all of these onto one texture sheet but im not sure how to do this, somone please help this is killing me

Thanks

Are they seperated if so then Id each part, i.e head id-1 and so on. After that attach each part then apply unwrap modifier and it will look messy but don't worry, in the id drop down list pick each piece by its number and place it ouside the box. Once you've done that you can start to arrange them in the box.

Pesky
09-19-2005, 02:51 PM
Hiya,
Check out this tutorial: http://waylon-art.com/uvw_tutorial/uvwtut_01.html it's one of the best max unwrapping tutorials I've found. It really helped me a lot.

Cheers

CGTalk Moderation
09-19-2005, 02:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.