PDA

View Full Version : Road with UVs?

Mikko
11-08-2002, 02:03 PM
Hi,
Can someone plz explain an easy way to create a curvy road and how to texture... I would be glad!

Im trying to find a way to take all polys in a 'road-mesh' and make them have ONE and same UVcords... To be able to give all polys a tileable texturemap... Is there an easy way to do this? Something to do with polyMaps?
Im trying to map pathextruded polygons with a tileable texture! Am I doing somthing very wrong here?)

...mika

red_oddity
11-08-2002, 02:19 PM
Use UV Spider (it can be found under Construct->Additional->UV Spider)

Select a couple of polys, choose UV Spider (choose a UV map, or give it a unique name, change the settings to liking and apply, voila, done, you now can scale your UV to tile the texture anyway you like (Don't forget to unweld point when doing this, and after tweaking, weld point again))

Mikko
11-08-2002, 09:07 PM
UV-spider???
Im using version 7.0 and its not where you describe. I _would_ like to solve it with a repeating texture as i have described but can you tell me if this is 'the right' way to texture/model a road...? How would You do it?

thanks,

...mika

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.