PDA

View Full Version : C4D Baker problem

David Drew
09-18-2005, 02:17 PM
I posted this in rendering and lighting hoping somone would respond but given no one did maybe I can catch the eye of somone that doesn't visit that forum.

I'm using Cinema 4d 8. I'm using the Baker plugin to render lightmaps for a low poly landscape model. I have been having the problem for months now with no self corrected resolution found. When I bake to texture it is making black lines outlining the faces. What I need it to do is just render shadows that are being cast. Here is an image to give an idea on what I'm talking about. Any help would be great and would save me hours upon hours of image editing. http://www.tankworldgame.com/bakerissue.jpg

If no one can help me with Baker does anyone possibly know a better way currently on the Mac to render lightmaps?

AdamT
09-18-2005, 04:17 PM
Are you certain there are no overlapping UVs?

David Drew
09-18-2005, 04:32 PM
Oh, very certain. I know exactly the effect you get with overlapping faces and this is not it. These are outlines of the triangles.

CGTalk Moderation
09-18-2005, 04:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.