PDA

View Full Version : old movie look

technoguy
02-24-2002, 10:59 AM
hello

i am trying to create a camera in maya that simulates that old movie look, does anyone have an idea of how i could do that? What was the frame rate in the early movies?

thanks!
:D

alx
02-24-2002, 11:31 AM
in the old movies there really was no specific frame rate... the way it worked ( at least w/ silent films) was that the cammera man would have a tempo... say 1.....2......3......4......1...2......3......4... etc and he rotated the handle on the cammera to move the frames of the film acording to that tempo .... and since no one really has a perfectly well timed movement then thats why you would get that odd look and the film would move faster and sometimes slower...
thats as far as frame rate...
as far as the film look i say its faster and more controlled with after fx... there is a pluggin from cult effects (if im not wrong) that has the old film look in it... its preety nice..and alot faster... you definetly have more control...specially over the tight deadlines and stuff..

anyway...
hope that helps..

sincerely

alx

Lyr
02-25-2002, 05:15 AM
If it's the frame rate you are trying to work with (or one of the things you are trying to work with) you might be able to get the effect you want by palying with the time node a bit.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.