PDA

View Full Version : Connect joint issue.

housewarmer
09-17-2005, 10:27 PM
Perhaps I'm not quite understanding how the connect joint command is supposed to work, but I'm getting results that aren't what I'd expect based on the manuals description. Basically when I use the connect joint option the result I end up with is the joint being parrented one joint further up the heirarchy than connecting at the specified joint. See the attached images for an example. Here I'm attempting to connect the vertical chain to the third joint in the horizontal chain, when the command is run it looks like the joints have connected but in actuality the vertical joint has been parented to joint 2.

Is this normal?

Teris
09-18-2005, 02:36 PM
This is normal because the connect joints tool puts the selected joint on the same hierachy level.So, choose one bone above the bone from your horizontal joint chain and connect,now you have to adjust the position of your vertical joint chain.

housewarmer
09-18-2005, 09:08 PM
Ah, thanks. Now I just need to figure out joint damping.

CGTalk Moderation
09-18-2005, 09:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.