PDA

View Full Version : Greeble type plug-in for LW (is there one?)

dark_lotus
11-08-2002, 11:20 AM
Hi y'all,

I had a play on 3DS Max the other day (gee it brought back memories). As I was playing with it, a plug-in called Greeble amazed me.

With a few clicks of a button and boom, a pretty cool looking starship box thing.

I was wondering, is there a plug-in that achieves something similar in lightwave?

Maxx
11-08-2002, 02:56 PM
There's Martain Plumber from Bob Hood. I think his site is Lightwave Outpost (http://www.lightwave-outpost.com) , but I seem to be having trouble getting into the site itself. Could just be my ISP. Drop me a line if you can't find it, and I'll e-mail the plug over to you.

It randomly generates tubes and boxes and ... well, greeblie type stuff.

There's also Sean's Weird Growths from Chromecow (http://chromecow.electrondreams.com/SeansPlugins.html) ,but I'm not sure if this one works with LW 7.5. This one, tho', is kinda like Gene, which isn't so much nurnies and greeblies as much as it is just random bevel and stuff.

wgreenlee1
11-08-2002, 06:12 PM
dark_lotus,do you have any pictures the show the results of this Greebles thing?

CTRL+X
11-08-2002, 07:39 PM
Example of the greeble "thingy" HERE (http://www.schloerb.com/tutorial/greeblecity_1.htm)

wgreenlee1
11-08-2002, 08:00 PM
I like that tutorial there,thanks for the link.

dark_lotus
11-09-2002, 12:23 AM
Thats an INSANE tutorial!!

I'm awaiting Maxx to email me da plug-in. Or if anyone has it, perhaps they could post it here?

If I get me grubby mits on it (and its under 50kb) i'll post it here.

mix
11-09-2002, 01:25 AM
Why not just use one of the many cloning plugs out there, or even all of them.:shrug:

dark_lotus
11-09-2002, 02:03 AM
Why not just use one of the many cloning plugs out there, or even all of them

Because the sad truth is that Jenny bought an cherry from Lilith, who bent backwards to rescue the children, who were falling down a ventilation shaft, into the gutter, which being made out of jelly, slowly melted to reveal a melted door handle on a box of onion flavoured jelly bon-bons.

minus
11-09-2002, 02:15 AM
i suppose that's as good a reason as any. :thumbsup:

Jimzip
11-09-2002, 11:08 AM
Dark_Lotus: you're an idiot..

Besides, it wasn't Jenny.. It was Philippa, and you didn't tell about Philippa's friend Tatyana inventing the world's largest butter cannon and using it to rid the world of all off potatoes and cats...

(Which incidentally became known as "Cheroo Week" in which all the rulers of the planet of Bendor gathered to sing about the loss of their prized toilet seat).

dark_lotus
11-09-2002, 11:19 AM
whoops i'd better give them back their toilet seat.

Jimzip
11-09-2002, 11:33 AM
Yeah that's right!

If there's one thing the Bendorians hate more than the loss of that seat, it's you saying that you should give it back!
They remember all too well the events that occurred last winter! Oh HO! We won't ever regret telling them where the orange sniffle dried up!!

dark_lotus
11-09-2002, 11:41 AM
But Jimzip, wasn't it your responsibility to harness the power of lightning so that Bruce could meet Jenny and the intergalactic Cheroo Races?

I mean come on. As for the toilet seat, I will find Janie so she can save christmas, and then put the toilet seat where it belongs.

Ah yes the Orange Sniffle. I tell you it was so funny when that cat broke a cherry rip in the chocolate dip, and that drag queen that fell in the soup bowl and caught on fire, I think her name was Keiron.

That was so funny until she started burning people with her demonic powers.

Remember that time she tried to eat a steak that was growing on the footpath?

Jimzip
11-09-2002, 11:57 AM
Ah, those were the days...
Where's Shadowed_Link... He'd have a lot to say on this matter... You know close he was to Keiron. She loved that steak like it was her own Blesnophle...
Of course, you can't forget that even she was touched by the harsh smells that reeked from the tiny oil factory that fateful day.. She had the world on her tack then.. But how on Earth did Shaqueena manage to get her sister Shequanna out of that house so fast, it was that darned Gleph!! I bet he caused all the tears to rain inside the large teapot!:eek:

dark_lotus
11-09-2002, 12:10 PM
Ah that poor oil factory, didn't last long after she set it alight by rubbing cats backwards.

As for Shaqueena, i think it was her evil twin sister, Shaquila that sarificed her own duckling for a club sandwich.

and you know what they say about the rain the the large teapot. It was just a storm in a teacup.

what is wrong with cameron? Shadowed_link? where art thou?

powerwave3d
11-09-2002, 01:26 PM
If anyone has this plugin for LW, I'd like to get it also.

Thanks

anieves
11-09-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by dark_lotus
Because the sad truth is that Jenny bought an cherry from Lilith, who bent backwards to rescue the children, who were falling down a ventilation shaft, into the gutter, which being made out of jelly, slowly melted to reveal a melted door handle on a box of onion flavoured jelly bon-bons.

That would be an insane animation to do!!!!!

onion flavored jelly bon-bons.... aahhhhhhhhhrrrrgh
-H.J. Simpson

Maxx
11-09-2002, 04:56 PM
Just e-mailed the plug-in. Sorry, but I didn't get a chance to check back here until now. Let me know that it made it through, if you get a chance.

Mike RB
11-09-2002, 05:08 PM
What happened to this thread?

Maxx
11-09-2002, 05:12 PM
Actually, I just took a look at the tutorial you linked - not sure that Martian Plumber is exactly what you're looking for, but it may give you a start. Hope it works.

dark_lotus
11-10-2002, 01:22 AM
Thanx Maxx, I got your email.

So i'm postin it here for peoples enjoyment.

Steve Warner
11-10-2002, 01:48 AM
What happened to this thread?

I was wondering the same thing. I ran it through Bable Fish but it still didn't make any sense. :rolleyes:

Steve

dark_lotus
11-10-2002, 07:26 AM
Ah right well Siyahumba, could we have a D from Cam? Cam a D?. No? Ah right well Chickolas, could we have a D.

Siyahumba koo kehk whek kwo. Siyahumba koo kehk whek kwo. Are you making fun of me Gordon, the King

how original

Jimzip
11-10-2002, 08:36 AM
Not mentioning any names here Mr. Lotus, but this thread, although ridiculous, has proven to be too crazy.
Jimzip has decided (speaking in the third person) that unless there is a good case for insanity, comments about Siyahamba are definetely to be stricken from the record, (unless there is a good cause for 'koo kenyen kwen koh' after it.)

Jimzip out.

dark_lotus
11-10-2002, 12:49 PM
Jimzip, nothing is to kwo.

You must understand the importance of combining the two to create a nice marble effect.

Just look in the Surface Editor

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.